News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Art Deco Ray Gun

Started by Herr Döktor, July 03, 2008, 10:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander Edmund Clough

*wild, loud and uproarious applause*

Bravo sir. Utterly beautiful.

Make it as a kit for self assembly and I shall purchase one, no, TWO! One for me, one for the beloved.

Fantastic stuff.  

Luella Dobson

I wish I could describe the sound I just made.

that is SO AWESOME.
I'm a Jazzpunk.

General for the Study and Ultimate Disregard for the Laws of Universe through Strange and Ultimately Unfathomable Means

Commander Obadiah

Miss Dobson, there is a word for the sound you just made. Squee!

Commander C. Obadiah
The Steampunk code: 'To delicately dismantle the system from within, if it's not too much trouble'

Lady Penelope

Quote from: Herr Döktor on July 04, 2008, 04:59:29 PM
Gosh! Like most Brits, I really don't know how to respond to praise, so I'll just say a slightly embarrassed 'Thank You'!  :-[

Well, in that case I'll be careful not to praise you.   ;)

That is one stupendously ugly raygun!  In fact, it's SO ugly, I'm feeling the need to confiscate it and lock it up in my private collection hide it in an underground vault forever, so as to save mankind from the sight of it.   My preciousssss...my preciousssssss....

Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.   :D

von Corax

Quote from: Bolshevik Simian on July 04, 2008, 08:11:00 AM
Well what I really mean is where did you learn to do this? Hobby or Work?

It's my impression that the good Döktor does precisely this for a living. That he also constructs such wonders as the Space Helmet in his spare time tells me that he does not consider it "work."
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Klynt Mahryd

Please, oh please put this into mass-production!

Rowan of Rin

A tear of joy is sliding down my cheek as we speak, as the world is made an even more awesome place.
Where do you work? And do you ever tire of it? It seems to be dream job to me :D
I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Doktor,

Many Kudos on this beautiful piece!  I love the Art Deco style.

Vienna

Great Bizarro

"No matter where you go, there you are"

spcglider

As a professional prop builder, my hat (and possibly even part of the noggin it rests upon) is OFF TO YOU!!

That's one stylin' piece of hardware... and most definitely DIFFERENT than other pieces attempting the same styling.  Excellent design, sir.  My jealousy knows no bounds!

-Gordon
Professor Gordon Elias Weatherbee, Tinker and Time Travel Machine Repair. All models serviced.

Justin Time

Excellent work as always!

I am curious, though, was it the basis for Captain Bliss' weapon or based on it?

Nicely done  :)

JIT
Have you never wondered what it would be like to walk between the ticks and tocks of Time?

Herr Döktor

Uh-Oh; Cover blown, keep shtum!

Spoiler: ShowHide
Based (loosely) on the figure's gun: scaled up, in real life, the gun would've been 18" long, and the sticky-out dials would have made it very difficult to hold!

;)

Gazongola

I think I shall have to attempt an Art Nouveau one now, and look up this chemiwood. Is this chemiwood easily manipulated?

Riaghos Meridian

Quote from: Herr Döktor on July 03, 2008, 10:14:09 PM
Spoiler: ShowHide

Note the boilerplate panel in front of the trigger; perfectly in keeping with the era, and a little bit of Steampunk!
;)

WANT.

Zastrozzi

Pure Gernsbackian delight.

juxtimon

thats the first raygun i've seen that i would actually want to own.
fantastic bit of work there :)
i put a <a href="http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=3505.0">head in a tank</a> and a <a href="http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=5309.0">toad in a box</a>, now i'm putting _____ into a ______

Justin Time

Quote from: Herr Döktor on July 07, 2008, 10:43:26 PM
Uh-Oh; Cover blown, keep shtum!

Oops! :-[ Sorry!  What does shtum mean?  Is that some sort of code for 'thanks a lot, JIT, you wanker'?  ;)

Still, very well done.

JIT
Have you never wondered what it would be like to walk between the ticks and tocks of Time?

Herr Döktor

Oh no, I did wonder how soon someone would recognise it, and you won the prize!* :)

As for 'shtum', it's a nice WW2 word meaning 'shush'! Nothing to do do with self polution at all!

* the prize is non negotiable, and consists of the definition of the word 'shtum'.