News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Steam Gallery Volume 1

Started by TheRedMax, February 26, 2007, 03:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pir8m1k3y

from a little dress up session on the weekend

obviously not going for classical victorian
more steamPUNK

Johnny Payphone

Here I am dressed up to ride a highwheel in a couple of 4th of July parades.  This is pretty much standard uniform for Wheelmen, for more see the "Pennyfarthing" thread in Metaphysical:

http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=987.0

Larger image:

http://www.johnnypayphone.net/steam/johnnyfarthing1.jpg
Steampunk life in the living world:
http://www.johnnypayphone.net/blog.php

Mad Maxine

For the vilification of Mr. Théière! I acquired this "elbow grease" while performing an emergency starter transplant on my VW Jetta in the driveway of a safety supply shop where I became stranded. And, in case you were wondering, I indeed had been carrying around a spare starter (and a floor jack, and all my tools) in my trunk for about a year now (because my solenoid was crapping out), just in preparation for this particular day.

Unfortunately, I had no gloves, ergo, the final greasy result, lots of cursing, and two minor gouges. I'm still scrubbing dirt out of my scalp from rolling around under the car. So enjoy!

Dedicated to the destruction and repair of objects in the name of curiosity.

Mad Maxine

Finally! My "biplane pilot" look.

I'll try to find some decent car photos soon.
:)
Dedicated to the destruction and repair of objects in the name of curiosity.

Proffessor Varne

ok, so here we go with a few "family" shots

This is myself and my brother in our office when we worked together at Halloween one year..(I'm the cute one without the hair)

This one is actually a year or so before when we worked together in ANOTHER place at Halloween...(I'm the one with the stake in my chest)

And finally here is me last year at work testing out my new (at the time) hairstyle and new Macbook pro with camera

Man is that a cheesy grin or what? I can scare small children with that face (and most women too!) So now everyone can be scared too hehe...
I have a head simply brimming with seemingly useless information. Useless, until I find a post that I can relate it too that is...........

"Is it hot in here?"

"No, just Steamy"

Thipp

One of these days I will get around to buying a real camera. Here is a very recent picture of me at work. I run a blackpowder rifle range at a scout camp for the summer.

Mr. X

I thought I'd share some pictures of me in my newest outfit, which I wore to Otakon this weekend. And, I also managed to convince a friend of mine to go steampunk to the convention as well, and I think it turned out quite well.

I'm the on the right in the long coat.

I'm not sure how well you can see it, but my friend actually waxed his mustache, and I think it looked quite good.
Mr. X

zenmondo

Quote from: Mr. X on July 23, 2007, 02:05:52 AM
I thought I'd share some pictures of me in my newest outfit, which I wore to Otakon this weekend. And, I also managed to convince a friend of mine to go steampunk to the convention as well, and I think it turned out quite well.

I'm the on the right in the long coat.
I'm not sure how well you can see it, but my friend actually waxed his mustache, and I think it looked quite good.

Hmm looks like you may have used the wrong URL's in your img tags.  I think this is ONE of them you wanted

Looks very nice sir.
-=[KING of the Wyoming Steampunks]=-

Zen & The Art Of Steampunk

Daemon

Ok, I don't want to overflood this thread but here are the real pictures after the eyebrows went down the drain.

Major Francis Cleverly

Daemon reminds me of either the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins or one of the bad-guys from the Clive Barker movie Lord of Illusions (no offense meant by that comparison BTW) - I know if I tried to go with less hair than I have I'd resemble nothing so much as a much-less-good-looking curly.

But in the interest of fairness I will post a fairly good representation of myself:

Nothing.

Christian Lakehinde

Robotguy

Here's me:

I'm the only person I know who actually likes sweater vests. The only problem with them is that I can't wear my pocket protector at the same time.
Don't anthropomorphize your steam automatons: They hate that.

oskila

A larger version of my avatar. The only reasonable portrait I have on this machine as my girlfriend took the one with all the images on it with her when she went grave robbing up north.
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Autoclave

Day 1 of comic-con was today, here's a shot of me in costume. Can you tell which Ghostbuster I am?

I'll post some closeups of my proton pack when I have time. I ran into a couple of people from the board, unfortunately I can't remember what your handles were.

Johnny Payphone

Okay, here's the rest of the Steamball/Sokolov shoot:

Steampunk life in the living world:
http://www.johnnypayphone.net/blog.php

rokkitgurl

Found these goggles at a local thrift/antique store for $9.50, the gloves for $4.50!

My first at steampunk attire...
SCHLAMPE! ... Ich liebe dich!

TheRedMax

I've recently been working in (my opinion) the ultimate in steam punk accessories!

The Facial Hair!

"The trouble with these international affairs is they attract foreigners." (Member #77 and fiercely proud of it!)

veggiecar300

This guy isn't just dressing up for an event.  He dresses like this EVERY DAY.  For real, he's dressed like this since the sixties.  He mows the lawn like this, goes to work like this... he's the original, proto-steampunk.  Here he's posing next to a 1912 Mercedes.  

When I talked to him on the day this pic was taken, I told him about Steampunk.  I also mentioned von Slatt's computer.  He had never heard of it or steampunk of course, and said to his wife, "well, now I may have a reason to look at a computer!"

He was also complaining about his car.
"This car I brought today is too complicated!  These newer cars!  I miss my old Model T."

The car he drove that day was a 1927 Model A Ford.

okoshima

First off I have to say oskila, You look a little like Ryan Dunn in that picture,

And a picture of me...

I may post a better one soon

oskila

I had not the slightest idea who Ryan Dunn was, but Google kindly told me. I might look a bit like him yes.

To compensate for that I hereby post a picture of me from two years back, when I played the norwegian author, playwright, director and agitator Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson (Nobel prize, Litterature, 1903)

That's me to the right :) All the hair except part of the eyebrows is my very own. As this was the closing night of the play, someone decided that the orchestra was to wear KISS-makeup.

And here's the real guy
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Sebastian Gaunt

Hello, this this is a picture my good lady and I had done at Whitby when we got engaged a couple of years ago. The costumes belonged to the shop but we are now working on our own outfits. Will post them when we have them.

This is an outfit I threw together from what I had just lying around one evening, its not perfect but it is a start...

"The fastest way to travel is by Gaslight"

rokkitgurl

SCHLAMPE! ... Ich liebe dich!

learningtofly

oh hello to you all, I kind of just stumbled upon Steampunk, and I can not for my life recall how it happened, but what I have discovered is that if fits me like a glove and now i am in love with it.

i need to fix my googles soon, Im planning of covering them in nice leather or something.

B. Fugu

This is me, contemplating a crumb. At least it should be, if it works.
http://fugunews.wordpress.com/

"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulance and then...explode." --Malcom Reynolds, Serenity