News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Yokohama Japan Meet-Up

Started by Mazikeen, July 23, 2008, 10:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazikeen

Join us August 10th, Sunday, 2008 at 11:00 AM at the Motomachi Exit at Motomachi-Chukagai Station (Minatomirai Line) of Yokohama, Japan

What: Steampunk Meet-up in Japan
Who: Anyone, but specifically people interested in Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Steampulp, and/or Neo-Victorian fashion/fiction/whatever
When: August 10th, Sunday, 2008 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Where: The Motomachi Exit at Motomachi-Chukagai Station (Minatomirai Line) in Yokohama, Japan
Attire: Steamy attire encourage but not required! We are <i>yukata</i> friendly.
Ages: This is an all ages event. Children will be present.

We will be going to the Tin Toy Museum, eating lunch at Yamate Jubankan, going to the Iwasaki Museum, taking pictures at the Harbor View Park, taking more pictures at the Suzaku-Mon (South) Gate and Ma Zhu Miao temple in Chinatown, wandering through Chinatown, and getting some dinner.

Full details may be found at the Steampunk Japan community on Live Journal.

Mazikeen

Just a reminder bump that we'll be having this event soon! I hope to see my fellow steampunk enthusiasts there!

JingleJoe

Wow It would be really fun to hangout with japanese steampunks ;D but I'm many miles away across a vast ocean :(
Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Providing weird sound contraptions and time machines since 2064.

Mazikeen

Well, if ever you are in Japan!  ;D

Intrepid

I missed the meetup but I joined this forum due to this and the other Japan steampunk thread.  I'm studying in Osaka for a year and trying to get more involved with steampunk while here.  Perhaps there will be another?

JingleJoe

Quote from: Intrepid on November 20, 2008, 03:19:21 PM
I'm studying in Osaka for a year and trying to get more involved with steampunk while here.  Perhaps there will be another?
Yes! There needs to be more interaction of steampunks in the physical world!
Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Providing weird sound contraptions and time machines since 2064.