News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Master Steampunk Computer Games Thread

Started by Lucius Voltaic, September 10, 2008, 04:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morozow

Town-planning simulator Frostpunk

In the first trailer of the gameplay they showed of the city in a dark steampunk style, which should help to survive the endless harsh winter.

In Frostpunk players will control the last city on Earth. They have to develop a settlement, using the only available in the world of eternal cold resources — snow and ice — as fuel for steam engines. They will be able to send the survivors in a frozen wasteland in search of resources, as well as information about the world and the causes of the Apocalypse.

Frostpunk debut gameplay trailer - "Heartbeats"

Frostpunk - 15 minutes gameplay (demo)
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

RoburtheConqueror1975

Sega  Genesis-Indiana  Jones  and the  Infernal  machine. XBOX-Wings  of  War. PSIII:  Bioshock  Infinite.  XBOX 1  Snoopy  vs.  the  Red  Baron  and  Battlefield 1.   Can't  wait  until Iron  Harvest  1920  hits  XBOX  1,  too.

Mme. Ratchet

Holy crap, a snoopy vs the red baron game!?!

yereverluvinunclebert

Links, pictures or embedded videos required - or it didn't happen.
Steampunk Widgets and Icons of Some Worldwide Repute

Mme. Ratchet

Cyrilsplutterworth

If it pleases and sparkles, may I present my steampunk text adventure game.

It is set in the year 1888, featuring many curious contraptions such as the Pegasus Steamcycle and Telephonic Tea-Kettle.

Victoriana has been downloaded by over 11,000 Android users, and I have just finished the iOS version.

Links are just here. Looking forward to a good discussion with you fine folks!

iOS version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/victoriana-text-adventure/id1320802848?ls=1&mt=8

Android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyrilsplutterworth.android.victorianadventures

Ceir

Quick one I found, not really worth its own thread, but

this look at "39 Days TO Mars" popped up in my lists today. Quite charming.
In all fairness, some of those who wander are definitely lost.

Anselmofanzero

Just because I am building something from the game: The most steampunky game to me is The Order 1886. A great example of cool gear.
Dishonored is very victorian, I would say the mechanic soldiers are steampunky² as well.

yereverluvinunclebert

Gentlemen, Ladies, can anyone here guess what these images are from? I know they are the same room viewed at a different angle... What I am really asking is what specifically do they relate to?

Right click and view image to see the thing in more detail.

I am sure at least one eagle-eyed person will immediately guess their provenance. Vague guesses will win no prizes - the answer must be completely correct. The prize is knowing you got it right before anyone else.

Please note these are a quick and dirty renders and are just first cuts, plenty of detail yet to be added. Changes to be made &c &c.

Here's the fairly obvious hint

War of the Worlds Animation WIP

OK, no takers, I'll make the hint even easier.

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds PC game Human Intro
Steampunk Widgets and Icons of Some Worldwide Repute

comedianmasta

So, I'm unsure if this is the best place for this, but I would like to throw in my new game release:
https://citizensofantiford.itch.io/wild-araz,

made for the website Citizens of Antiford.com.

Please PM me if you have more questions.

Caledonian

I haven't looked through the entire thread but here is the games I got myself

Deponia (entire series)
Teslagrad
Steamworld Heist
Steamworld Dig (1+2)
Machinarium
Passion is like a Peatfire

c96plusMauserpuppy

Bioshock Infinite for PS3
Skies of Arcadia
Iron Harvest 1920

Come to mind

arcaniumera

Have you ever played Roblox? I find this game really interesting, I have recently started playing it and I'm currently using roblox scripts 'cause sometimes it can be difficult.    
Du hast viel geweint!

WildeRose

Sherlock Mysteries
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sherlockmysteries

Full of steampunk vibes, it has a bunch of cases for free which you get to investigate, with no ads or anything to take away from the experience. It has additional cases you can purchase for a couple of dollars each, and they even have a voice actor to read out the dialogue in the different characters voices. I have solved 3 cases now, and they have all been challenging and fun to work through.

Well worth it if you enjoy detective stories!
"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked is mine." ... Nikola Tesla