News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Dr. Evermor's 70th Birthday Party!

Started by Gryphon, September 10, 2008, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphon

For anyone of meta-scientific mien or theosophical inclinations, please permit me to recommend a visit to Dr. Evermor's Sculpture Park on Hwy 12 between Baraboo and Sauk City, Wisconsin, USA, on Saturday, September 20 between the hours of 10am and 5pm.  For those unfamiliar with the good doctor, he is the alterego of famed found-object artist and Guinness recordholder Tom Every, and his Sculpture Park contains the single largest steampunk device ever constructed, the Forevertron.  The event is open to the public and admission is free; there will be catered food and music.  Attendees are encouraged (but not required) to wear festive Steampunk garb.  Tom Kupsh, the author of Tom Every's recently published biography "A Mythic Obsession" will be conducting a book signing onsite.

I realize that this event has been seriously underpublicized, (I only found out about it myself this weekend, after speaking to the charming Lady Eleanor) and hope that my meager post here might help spread the word among fellow steampunk obsessives in the Upper Midwestern USA.  Evermor's work simply has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.  Here's a taste:  http://heart2art2heart.com/pages/theforevertron.html