News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

List of steampunk websites

Started by Ottens, November 11, 2008, 04:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottens

Updated the list!

I removed sites that haven't been updated in years and added a couple new ones.

Two noteworthy developments:

1. The Steampunk Tribune is back! Definitively add to your bookmarks. They were on hiatus for a few years.

2. Self-promotional: The Gatehouse has been relaunched as Never Was, an online alternate-history magazine with a focus on steam- and dieselpunk. Its Smoking Lounge message-board community has also reopened its doors.
NEVER WAS MAGAZINE: Steampunk, dieselpunk, retro-futurism and alternate history.

Ottens

I wrote a story for Never Was about steampunk websites that have disappeared.
NEVER WAS MAGAZINE: Steampunk, dieselpunk, retro-futurism and alternate history.

chicar

Quote from: Ottens on April 28, 2018, 12:12:43 PM
I wrote a story for Never Was about steampunk websites that have disappeared.

Aaaaah memory......thank for this journey to my foolish steampunk noob day. :P
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Ottens

Ottens

Added a new website: The Steampunk Explorer. Focused on events and sight-seeing in North America.

measterbrook

I've just created a new steampunk website concentrating on the steampunk community in the south of England. I expect it eventually to cover the whole of the UK. If you are a steampunk group in the UK and wish to be featured, drop me a note. If you have a splendid picture (solo or couple) and you would like featured also let me know. The site is http://splendid.org.uk/ and I can be contacted at webmaster@splendid.org.uk

Thaddeus Rawdon

I have decided to start a blog about steampunk. I plan to write about my experiences at events/weekends, list products I use or have used along with clothing I wear, and feature short stories of under 1000 words from budding steampunk authors! Very early days so far, and I have only written one short article...any feedback about the layout would be welcome though! I'll add product reviews first, and when we get back to normal I plan to write articles about various gatherings I attend with the aim of helping newcomers feel welcome...give them an insight as to what goes on, how people dress, what the atmosphere is like etc etc! Something I wish I had when I first started out! Anyway, the blog can be found here https://fastfunnelsystem.com/steampunk-the-guide-2020/ and I hope you enjoy reading it!