News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Starting a San Diego chapter

Started by dustin.atrus, December 10, 2008, 03:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustin.atrus

Hello all and welcome to the past future.

My name is Atrus and I would like to start a Steampunk organization in San Diego.  I had attended something similar in Knoxville where I'm from.

The goal will be to set up a weekly meeting group to just have coffee or maybe dinner so that people may meet and show off clothing or small gizmos they have made. Also once we have been established I would like to see if we can have a weekly or monthly steampunk night at a local club or bar.

So please if your interested post on here and introduce yourself and let me know that your interested.  When I have least 5 people we'll start a weekly gathering.

Hope Barton

Heya,

There is a group of steampunks that get together, though not weekly, here in San Diego. Their page is http://machinafatalis.blogspot.com/
They are pretty awesome, and we are working on having craft nights and things of that sort. Our last get together was midnight croquet in Old Town. We are also working on getting a semi-regular craft day going at Lestat's coffee house or some other place of gathering. You and anybody else you can round up are welcome to join.

Fraulein Flieger

Hello Dustin! I've just PM'd you with info on our Southern California Steampunk planning group, and other info. Wherabouts in San Diego are you anyway? SD is kinda a big place. Quite a few of us are in central San Diego (downtown, balboa park areas), plus some in Poway/Santee area, South Bay (Imperial Beach/Chula Vista), and some "waaaay" out in Julian. We get quite a few people from LA for events also, & we are inclined to head up that way for fun as well. Tell us a bit more about yourself, such as, why you're here from Knoxville... :)
Join us on SoCalSteam for steampunk events in Southern California www.socalsteam.com

Fraulein Flieger

Hey "Hope"! Are you comin' on Saturday night??? You just gotta! ;)
Join us on SoCalSteam for steampunk events in Southern California www.socalsteam.com

S.Sprocket

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah

Hope Barton

maduncle

Okay - I only just checked into this thread 'cos I MIGHT be in San Diego for a conference later next year and it would be great to meet some US of A steampunkers...

... but looking at the last post - is there a 'small' problem in the San Diego steampunk fraternity that no one is talking about?

... or has the forum just been spammed via Zimbabwe???
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

Fraulein Flieger

Aaah, sadly we have been spammed yet again. :P
It has been reported.
Now, if you do find yourself in San Diego, give us a heads up and we'll see if we can't show you a good time (aside from conferences, that is). When would you be finding yourself in America's Finest City?
PS - checked yer blog. Neat-o computer mod!!!

living_soul12066

Good... morning sir! (I am currently sleepless and it's just after midnight) I technically live out in the mountains in a small place called Alpine, though I do attend the Arts Institute at least three times a week. I would certainly be interested in a regular meeting of steampunks from the area  :)

clockwork creation

due to living in the uk i cant realy contribute to this thread but i must say .. that is some entertaining spam  ;)
I am a freak in control not a control freak

Capt Arabella Cox

We also have the San Diego Costume Guild, where we dress in many different genres, including SP. We're mainly historical, but hey, any excuse to dress up works for us. http://sdcg.angelfire.com/
Val
Capt. Arabella Cox, Ret.  Cartographer & Time Travel Agent.  Anywhere, anytime. Navigator on the Time Traveling Airship, the HMS Gryphon.

DandelionDream

I'm up in Ramona,and never get to do anything SP  :( but in San Diego just the same.
I will be driving soon so maybe I will get down to a meet up some time in the next Few months.

cheers,
dandlion