News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The First Annual OSS (Ozark Steampunk Society) Victoriana Picnic

Started by Lady Lavinea Dreadful, December 10, 2008, 04:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

So
my brain has been a workin... sorta...damned storms givin me
migranes... yuck... but beyond this, some one on another forum posted
this link--->

Spoiler:
http://www. viona-art. com/pages/festivals/victorianpicnic2008. html

and
it got me ol' bean a' burnin. i know i can set some thing like this up
here in the Ozarks. but im honestly not very good at getting people
to show up at my events. partly because i dont know how to make banners
or flier..s! so i am look for input you folks who have put on an event
and it went well,how did you do it? any advice? anyone willing to help
me make banners, fliers,or a website?

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

Salutations folks!,

i have infact still been working on putting this event together. currently my working day is: May 9th. and im currently looking into using Leonard Park in joplin mo. please visit this site for information about joplin parks: www.joplinparks.org Leonard park is situated in a good location to be close to other media venues such has Hastings and Eccentrix. and i plan to have a crank record player with me and both of those stores sell records in case you want to hear a tune but didnt bring it with you ;)

i also hope to have a croquet set with me as well as possibly a yard bowling set. (if anyone has a set please feel free to bring them along.) i am currently speaking with a lovely gal on livejournal about making my fliers but what i will need after that is a street team to get the word out. people who go to local venues regularly and can hand out my fliers. any takers?

Spectre

The CSS (Cowford Steampunk Society) wishes you the best of times with this event and demand tin-types afterwards!!!

Our best.
www.cowfordsteampunk.yuku.com

Father of the Steamkini.

Founder of the Trans-Oceanic Benthic Exploration and Preservation League

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

we shall do our best! I'm actually going to ask one of our members, who is a professional photographer, to take some good pics to post on our site as well as here.

Spectre

www.cowfordsteampunk.yuku.com

Father of the Steamkini.

Founder of the Trans-Oceanic Benthic Exploration and Preservation League