News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Birmingham, AL meetup Sat 12/27 noonish

Started by lexmachine, December 17, 2008, 12:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexmachine

Hi everyone, a gentleman I met over on LJ and I are planning to make a trip to Sloss Furnaces with our cameras Saturday, Dec 27th, and would like to extend invites to the lot of you to join us.

We're planning to arrive around 11 am do some poking about and wandering, with an official "meet & greet" at 12 noon, at some as yet undetermined meeting point on the grounds.

Of course it's the end of the year and the weather is wretched, so we're also trying to decide on an alternative or secondary indoor spot, preferably nearby for gathering afterward/instead. 

As mentioned before, my primary reason for heading to Sloss is for some photography, so providing the weather isn't completely dismal (and maybe even if it is!) I'd really like an opportunity to attempt some portraiture of you in all your finest. The camera shy are of course just as welcome! We promise not to assault anyone with a camera without express permission.

Either way we'll be there, but it'd be really lovely to see some of you as well. And even if you can't make it out, recommendations for an alternative/indoor meeting spot would be very welcome.

lexmachine

TEASERS!

I'm super close to this location and it's FREE to enter and wander around in, so the boyfriend, Em, and I whipped past the other day just to check it out about an hour before it closed. Now I know if you're from the area, you've either been there or have heard about it, so I don't really need to tell you, but this place is freaking awesome! It's like a steampunk playground.

Just to give you some scale, here's a kind of blurry Em munching an apple.

Even if the weather's bad, there are furnaces to hang out in

Keep in mind I shot these hurriedly in like 40 minutes, but this place is full of win. I will be going back frequently. Thanks to the few of you here that recommended it to me.

Again, we'll definitely be there Sat, 12/27 just for a general meet and greet. Though I'd practically kill at this point for a few people willing to shoot with me, so don't be shy!