News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

List of Steampunk Movies

Started by Goby, January 04, 2009, 08:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaseyBear

morozow

"Karamora" is a Russian TV series in the genre of thriller and alternative history, created at the studio of director Danila Kozlovsky DK Entertainment. The series premiered on January 20, 2022 on the Start video service.

The main character, an anarchist nicknamed Karamora, discovers that the monarchical dynasties and the highest nobility of Russia and Europe have a power beyond human capabilities (they are vampires) and have long been secretly ruling the world. Having lost his beloved and close friends in the fight, Karamora declares war on the secret society.

All this is happening against the background of a real silver Age in Russia. And the real story becomes a spoiler, but you don't know how to twist with its details. Historical characters get a fair amount, but, again, a certain frame is maintained. Stolypin is shown as a strong-willed and brave vampire who is at least trying to do something. Stalin (still a young revolutionary Koba) is a good organizer who is not shy about funds, but has a problem with personnel. Leo Tolstoy is a former vampire who was cured of vampirism with difficulty. Rasputin is an advanced sorcerer and a subtle schemer, greedy for women (he is generally shown here much more spectacular and deeper than his prototype). It is very noticeable that there is no desire to mock history, the authors wanted to play with the images of famous people of that era.

Well, why I decided to add a movie here, there are visual elements of steampunk in it.
Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?

Mercury Wells

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Sorontar

One of the Arcane characters is good at making automated weapons/explosives from scrap. It is steampunky but it is a fantastic environment, with its own concept of magic and magical mutation. It is a good series. You don't really to know anything about the video game League of Legends that it relates to as it predates the setting of the game.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com