News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Attention: Brits. We're all going to freeze to death in a pristine white hell.

Started by Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth, February 01, 2009, 11:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Bellows

Quote from: James Harrison on February 05, 2009, 10:00:38 AM
We've got it again, but at the moment it's not quite as bad as earlier this week. 

On an alarming note, the council says it's running out of grit and 'doesn't know when the next supplies will be in'... :o
Only saw one gritting lorry out this morning going along the A45 & that was out of grit !!
Afore I got to the A45 though I did my first ever 360 degree skid going into an island turn, the lorry driver behind looked as scared as I felt  ;D. I feel a sickie coming on  ;)
In my opinion it ain't the weapon that counts, its the man that wields it that matters

Herr Döktor

Captain_Minty_Gearhertz

The music is reversable, but time...is not.

SteamBlast Mary

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

The Kernel

I am seriously disappointed, the news reports "the whole UK grinding to a halt" yet here in North West England it looks more like sugar frosting from a doughnut.
We had more snow and worse (better) weather a fourtnight ago!
I am currently looking out of the window at brilliant sunshine and drove back from the school run in just a "T"shirt (and trousers/shoes etc but no need for a jumper or coat)
I WANT SNOW AND SNOWDRIFTS, I WANT A DAY OFF WORK,I WANT TO MAKE A SNOWMAN, I WANT TO PLAY IN MY LAND-ROVER
BOO HOO, WHAAAAAA

James Harrison

It's melting in Cannock but not where I live (blasted hill...)  So long as it is gone by Monday I'll be happy.  I don't want to be made late for an interview by an inch of mush. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

lady sakara

ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE!!!!!...... if you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice.

Sir A Poiselamppe

Poiselamppe Towers is, disappointingly, free of snow for the time being, North Londoners however have copped it good 'an proper

serve 'em right I say.... uncivilised lot...
Quote from: Herr Döktor on February 05, 2009, 06:57:28 PM
Quote from: Sir A Poiselamppe on February 05, 2009, 01:29:55 PM
Stiff upper lip chaps

http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/?gclid=CP_o6qC-xZgCFQEoGgodNU_Z1g

Wearing my "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON" T-Shirt in readiness for the forthcoming 8" snowfall predicted for the next twelve hours, SAH!

:)

Excellent, Stand easy. I too shall be donning mine as a precautionary extra layer of steadfastness.....

Captain_Minty_Gearhertz

We had lots of snow in Pontypool/Cwmbran.
I wasn't expecting any and was most surprised to see some (lit: 4 inches and counting)when I looked outside around half an hour after I woke up.
The car wouldn't start so I had to walk to work in the snow. Very fun and a practical use for my goggles!
The music is reversable, but time...is not.

Phoenix0879

I was a bit disappointed here in Robin Hood Land, we've had nowhere near as much snow as those soft southern gits  ;)

And I LIKE snow, makes a great scrunchy noise when you're the first to stomp through it LOL
"Great Muppety Odin"

alfa1

If it gives you Brits warm feelings, yesterday we had a hot 46.4 degrees here in Melbourne Australia.
Thats 115.5 Fahrenheit.

Gaspard de Coligny

Quote from: alfa1 on February 07, 2009, 05:16:58 PM
If it gives you Brits warm feelings, yesterday we had a hot 46.4 degrees here in Melbourne Australia.
Thats 115.5 Fahrenheit INSANE.

fixed for ya...

Elycium

Quote from: Phoenix0879 on February 07, 2009, 03:53:04 PMAnd I LIKE snow, makes a great scrunchy noise when you're the first to stomp through it LOL

if you like snow that much, I'll send some over the pond to you.  We've got about four feet still on the ground after probably a foot of melt, and we're still in for more.
"Humans need fantasy to be human."  - Death from "The Hogfather"

HettyB

I'm really enjoying the pretty snow pictures.  Please post more. :)

And yes, being the first to walk through snow and hearing the scrunchy noise it makes is really fun.

My condolences to those in Oz.  That is way too hot!

rovingjack

if it makes others feel better let me assure you it sounds devine where you all are. Can't tell you how unpleasant it is to come out of work into negative seven degree F wind chills the last few days. Seariously I'd rather stay home on the days where spit freezes on a fingertip in less then a second.

I was picking my teeth.
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

Maddie

Snow, snow, snow. Endless amounts of white, frosty beauty. Ridiculously pretty, though somewhat cold when it reaches your knees straight-out-of-the house. Had to change trousers three times yesterday, and most of the traffic is nigh on dying.

This is Norway, this is Oslo, and we don't have such a thing as "Snow-days".

But I'm not one to complain, might take some comparison-shots soon.
What a crazy random happen-stance!

Herr Döktor

Went for a drive down the M3 into Hampshire yesterday, pulled off at random and found a lovly little hill-top village called Dummer- absolutely beautiful, a real Christmas card, snow covered dream, glinting in the sunlight!

Forgot to take pictures, though.

:(

Phoenix0879

Quote from: Elycium on February 08, 2009, 12:07:17 AM
Quote from: Phoenix0879 on February 07, 2009, 03:53:04 PMAnd I LIKE snow, makes a great scrunchy noise when you're the first to stomp through it LOL

if you like snow that much, I'll send some over the pond to you.  We've got about four feet still on the ground after probably a foot of melt, and we're still in for more.

Ooooh, shiny! Fresh, scrunchy trans-atlantic snow! Yay!
"Great Muppety Odin"

Elycium

I managed to snap some photos before the rain came to melt the remaining snow (well semi-melt. Its due to turn back into snow tonight).

Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide
"Humans need fantasy to be human."  - Death from "The Hogfather"

clockwork creation

I am a freak in control not a control freak

Phoenix0879

Well, here in Robin Hood Land we've just had a fresh burst of snow, not much but it's settled and makes that noise which I like so much
"Great Muppety Odin"

The Kernel

Just drizzle all day, cold and grey, like living in a tupperware box thats been left in a fridge :(

Matthias Gladstone

Southampton University Steampunk Society:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/184948814914233/

George De Vraic

"Voul-ous enne coupaïe d'thee?"