Attention: Brits. We're all going to freeze to death in a pristine white hell.

Started by Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth, February 01, 2009, 11:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Harrison

We've got a big ball of yellow burning stuff in the sky and it hurts the eyes to look at it... oh, wait, it's the sun. 
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

The Kernel

Quote from: James Harrison on February 13, 2009, 10:17:04 AM
We've got a big ball of yellow burning stuff in the sky and it hurts the eyes to look at it... oh, wait, it's the sun. 

Nah not seen that for a long long time

Elycium

Quote from: James Harrison on February 13, 2009, 10:17:04 AM

That you've gotten to see that at all makes me jealous. We haven't seen that thing in ages ;)

Our snow had all been washed away by rain, but now we have a fresh couple of inches with more coming down. Its the light fluffy sort, though, so I'm okay with it.
"Humans need fantasy to be human."  - Death from "The Hogfather"

electroginge

the bit of drizzle we got last night combined with what snow was left has resulted in massive areas of ice outside my house, it's not fun walking to the bureau de change i'll let you know! >:(

Phoenix0879

"Great Muppety Odin"

George De Vraic

Quote from: Phoenix0879 on February 13, 2009, 05:45:48 PM
Quote from: George De Vraic on February 13, 2009, 08:53:45 AM
No weather to report here.

George

What, none at all? The planets atmosphere just up and left?  ;)
Damn it! I think it's been pinched.
I knew if it stayed outside long enough, some bugger with have a way with it, on their toes.
Can someone send me any spare fine weather they bottled for a rainy day please?
"Voul-ous enne coupaïe d'thee?"

Phoenix0879

Quote from: George De Vraic on February 13, 2009, 06:23:56 PM

I knew if it stayed outside long enough, some bugger with have a way with it, on their toes.

See, that's what happens if you leave something unattended for too long, some light-fingered little bugger comes along and *snap* it's gone, just like that. Same thing happened to my sanity a few years back.
"Great Muppety Odin"

Herr Döktor

That reminds me, I've got some slightly used sanity and a big pile of weather here, anyone care to make me an offer?

;)

Phoenix0879

Well, I had copious amounts of man-flu, free to a good home, last month but no one at work took me up on my generous offer, even after I put adverts on the notice boards  :D
"Great Muppety Odin"

dr490nw4rri0r

I can see it now:

"Greetings, good ladies and gentlemen of <insert name of workplace here>! A lovely fellow by the name of Influenza(he's a foreign fellow) is looking for a temporary home. He rather enjoys traveling through cold places, and, being a rather sociable fellow, he happens to enjoy sharing his presence and company with several people at any given time. He requires quite a bit of food to stay strong and healthy, though if you need him to go away you might simply starve him for several days. Might anyone have a place in their hearts for him? Inquire at<insert phone number>."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mercury Wells

Quote from: Phoenix0879 on February 13, 2009, 06:30:27 PM

See, that's what happens if you leave something unattended for too long, some light-fingered little bugger comes along and *snap* it's gone, just like that.

Personally, I blame those chavvy Martians. ;)
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Sir A Poiselamppe

Quote from: Mercury Wells on February 14, 2009, 11:05:47 AM

See, that's what happens if you leave something unattended for too long, some light-fingered little bugger comes along and *snap* it's gone, just like that.

Yes - I don't trust anyone whose middle eye is too close to his fourth ear...

George De Vraic

Quote from: Sir A Poiselamppe on February 14, 2009, 12:42:56 PM
Quote from: Mercury Wells on February 14, 2009, 11:05:47 AM

Yes - I don't trust anyone whose middle eye is too close to his fourth ear...
You lot make I laugh
*twitches*
"Grandma git tha pitch-fork they sez thez them Matians are back here again!"
"Voul-ous enne coupaïe d'thee?"

bizarre_chicken

Click here for win. ---^

Maddie

Maybe, though they might think it hot, considering lack of atmosphere on the planet weighing 6,421 x 1023 kg
What a crazy random happen-stance!

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

bizarre_chicken

Well you're talking current martian conditions. What  if they evolved on the surface before the planet lost it's magnetic field and was stripped bare by solar radiation, moving to underground habitats more suitable for them?

Click here for win. ---^