News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Fifty-Plus Club for SteamGeezers

Started by OldProfessorBear, May 29, 2009, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles (a sailor)Martin

Back in Md ,now to fix the Brown Beast,so far the weather has not been very co-operative and it doesn't look good for the next cople of days,,,maybe by htursday I will have it straightened out.

hopefully
                                          Miles
Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo

Professor Obsidian Blaze

Greetings all,

I am a new member of this esteemed forum and would like to put myself forward for enrolment in the Fifty-Plus Club. It is a pleasure to be amidst other semi-centenarians with a somewhat less than 20/20 outlook on life. Here's to us (raises large glass of Talisker).

Blaze
How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
Emo Philips

Miles (a sailor)Martin

Good Day ,Professor Blaze, i see you have found the bar ,good choice that,i belive i shale have the same , 'tis a tad on the chilly side out tonite,I do belive,what?    Miles
Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.

Professor Obsidian Blaze

Felicitations Fellow Steamgeezers,

Just to gauge what sort of company I am keeping, how many of us are sporting moustaches in what seems to be a non-moustache age. Ladies need not reply if their modesty forbids. I have heard it said, however, that  kissing a lady who isn't sporting a moustache is like eating an egg without salt! My feeling is that if it's properly trimmed then the filly can't be all bad.

Blaze
How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
Emo Philips

Mr Addams

Today I officially entered Geezerdom.
So excuse me whie I settle down in this comfy chair, pour myself a stiff drink, and start complaining about the youth of today.

Miles (a sailor)Martin

Any particular one ? or just the species in general?
  says Miles as he pokes his be-furred face around the corner of his arm chair ,mustace and beard bristling
                                              Miles 

ladyelsie

Ladies and Gent,

May I introduce myself to those who m I have not met before elsewhere on this forum.

I am now over the required age to join this thread, having had a suitable celebration last year which many people from B.G. came to.

I am now very happy in my third chosen career, work with my Partner (M.T.T.) re-creating history for T.V.
Steampunk is our passion, whilest others of our age spend their time babysitting grandkids, We are out there 'Living' with a capital L. I have met some wonderfull people here, and been to some amazing events. Not just in the U.K. but over the pond as well. I also love the fact that at events there is such a great mix of ages and everyone is treated with such good manners and respect.

Thank you for listening to my rambellings and pas this old gal a Gin.
Yours, Lady Elsie.

Lady Arachne

Quote from: Angus A Fitziron on January 06, 2011, 08:44:55 AM
Quote from: Lady Arachne on November 19, 2010, 01:46:14 AM
Esteemed members of the Fifty - Plus club for Steamgeezers. Would you be so kind to allow a Lady who is not quite at the half century mark. But is shy by one year, six months? I strongly feel I am better suited in a place, where ladies and gentlemen  understand the needs of the baby boomer Steamers..

Yours, cordially Lady Arachne

My dear lady, first may I apologise for failing to respond earlier to your request - it does not say much on our part for the assumed politeness that comes with age! As you have waited so long for a reply (I mean you are nearly halfway there now!) can I, as almost a founder member (since the first page of the thread at least) belatedly but nevertheless cordially invite you to take a seat and continue to delight us with your charming company?

ffitz

Ah thank you for extending your  kind welcome, Mr. Angus A Fitziron. I am sorry for not replying sooner. *lifts her glass of sherry in salute to her friend Miles and anyone else who is new to the esteemed geezers club..

Blessed be ..
""The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line""

Maets

I had originally figured that steampunk folks would be of a much younger generation, so its great to see so many of my generation.

MWBailey

Just tuirned 50 on tuesday, I am now officially two days over 50... Funny, I don't feel a half-century old...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Lady Arachne

Quote from: Maets on February 18, 2011, 12:57:11 AM
I had originally figured that steampunk folks would be of a much younger generation, so its great to see so many of my generation.

Why sir I think we are at a great advantage as we are closer to the time period hehe.. but I agree it is a blessing that my bones will not be the only ones creaking about the room.. blessed be
""The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line""

Miles (a sailor)Martin

"Welcome", says a baratone voice,from the depths of an overstuffed armchair" Merry meet, and happy trails .Pull up a chair,stool or a chunk of floor as suits you have a (virtual )drink on me and Join our happy group of leftover/original/and in my case too late for prime time hippies and others that never have quite fit into the so-called modern world. We don't bite ((much), and then only if asked)), and usually have fairly good manners.""down alter i say down" "so have a drink or a smoke or just a rest and i will go back to my book"      Miles (a sailor ) Martin

(ooc) just finished reading the back arcives in Metaphisical from the bottom up today... that is why i have been kicking up some very old threads to the surface of late. now going to dive to the bottom at Tactile and see what is hiding and mabe surface a few of those for the current members edification.
a couple have really taken off.. supized me. i figured they would sink back out of sight in a day or two
                                          miles

Engineer

Its been a few weeks since I checked this thread out, so let me belatedly welcome Prof Obsidian Blaze, Mr Addams and the lovely Lady Elsie to the UK section of our distinguished club (or is that a club of 'distinguished' people).

Rockula

Today I turned 49.

And so I hereby make notification of my application to join the esteemed club in 365 days.

I know the paperwork can take a while. :)
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Lady Ashgrove

As a Lady should never reveal her true age - just let me state that I am qualified to join this group.

I would be honored to be allowed to join.

As I am also new to the Steamy world - I have been gaining quite a lot of wisdom on this forum.  For which I thank you all.

I remain your humble student
Lady Ashgrove

Miles (a sailor)Martin

welcome welcome ...pull up a chair,and have a metiphorical drink,we hope you will enjoy your stay, and pass on a bit of your own tricks of the trade, in whatever trade you follow, tell a story tell a tale or sing a song,or just veg out a bit it's all good.
                                                      miles
                                          just too young to be a hippie and to old to be punk

Lady Ashgrove

thank you for your fine welcome -- >raising cuppa tea<

I think that I shall just watch and listen for a bit

My trade is electronics in real life and SCA in my free time (and the electronics is really stretching it a bit - I build circut boards for lift trucks -- part A in hole B -- kind of thing)

I have been active in the dollhouse world and since Victorian is "the" timeframe for dollhouses (I guess because you can overfill rooms and get by with it)

so who knows where Steam will take me next

Calliope Hawthorn Dove

I am almost 3 years late!?!?

I'll be 53 next week.

Someone's been fiddlin with the dials on my time machine again.

Miles (a sailor)Martin

M'Lady Calliope ,you are not late, just fashionably delayed, as the club it self has occupied these premises less than two years at this point.

Miles (a sailor)Martin

" I've been working on the Railroad,all the live long day. "
not really just a couple of hour so far but it has been fun.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Just got my notification that i was accepted into the "Chesapeake and Allegeny Live Steam Presevation Scociety"  . I don't have an engine ,cars,or a shop, but i do have a strong back a shovel and a mind that is easaly amused, so a Gandy dancer i shall be!!  ;D :D   
the club is in Baltimore,Md, has a open to the Public Run DAY on the second Sunday of every month. the next is 8 May 2011. i went to the last one and got bitten,showed up three days later,for a mantinence day and had fun trouble shooting a sticky switch mechanisim, it wouldn't spring trip  properly , and had caused a couple of derailments, not fun when the shunter locomotives are 75 lbs,and the average is 750lbs, 

Wealthy Brown

I'm in...55 in July. It rhymed a little so better than saying 54. Hehehehe

Teresinia Ravenstone
Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. - H. G. Wells

Contraption Pilot

I was 53 on the 26th so all pull up a chair and have a toast with some nice malt.

TVC15

Well I've past the half century mark seven years ago and I still can't find the d*mn paperwork! Oh wait a minute...Didn't I join last month? Forgot where I put my memory pills, again.
Well I've past the half century mark five years--no it was eight years ago and where's that paperwork!
Have I joined this forum last week already? Well I've past the...
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Miles (a sailor)Martin

Welcome , come in pour yourself a virtual drink and have a chat with whoever is around ,this place is variable as to how much use it gets ,tends to be one of the quieter threads here.         Miles

Miles (a sailor)Martin

Getting ready for a road trip,tenativly going to roll from Md to NM,departure on 10 July rolling out at 1pm ,hopefully arrive on the 13th about 10 pm-ish if all goes well,do a bunch of  mantinence on the home place, then load up and drive back to Md, starting back the 25th with projected arrival back on the 28th or 29th.not going to push it as hard on the return trip. going to be a busy few days when I get there.  any one else making road trips this summer?