News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Fifty-Plus Club for SteamGeezers

Started by OldProfessorBear, May 29, 2009, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maets

We are not getting older, just getting better.

Happy belated birthday Banfili

Banfili

Thank you, Maets - I consider it as becoming more mature, like a good cheese!

Rockula

So...Prostatitis..

At least it's not cancer, eh.

Oh well.

More pills.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Sir Henry

Quote from: Rockula on January 21, 2016, 12:47:22 PM
So...Prostatitis..

At least it's not cancer, eh.

Oh well.

More pills.
My sincere sympathies.

Next time see if you can get Prostasis - that's where you get paid to do nothing.  ;D
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Mercury Wells

*Puts in application form for the 1st week of Feb.*.
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Captain Trellis

Well on the way to 61!

Time flies like an arrow..........

Fruit flies like a banana

Rolan_Kraps

barb dwyer

[ Door handle clicks quietly, heavy wooden door swings open slowly, cautiously ]

* peeks around door, goggles dangling around neck *

"Alo?"

*listening, she limps into view, keeping door as between herself and potentialities within as possible *

"Are we all gone, then?"

*waits*

*Relentless Optimystic *

Banfili

Nope, not all gone, still mouldering along!

Welcome, barb! ;D

barb dwyer

Mouldering along, well put!

Am presently wandering around aimlessly familiarizing myself once more.

Thank you for noticing.
*Relentless Optimystic *

KOYOTE CAIN

Quote from: OldProfessorBear on June 18, 2009, 03:12:54 AM
Goodness! So many aspiring Geezers!

I suspect we'll have to open a Junior Geezer Division.

Well, why not?

Comments?

COUNT ME IN!

Rockula

I can apparently now take half my pensions if I want.

Think I'll try to hang on for the full whack. :)
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

SeVeNeVeS

Quote from: KOYOTE CAIN on August 13, 2017, 07:58:40 AM
Quote from: OldProfessorBear on June 18, 2009, 03:12:54 AM
Goodness! So many aspiring Geezers!

I suspect we'll have to open a Junior Geezer Division.

Well, why not?

Comments?

COUNT ME IN!
Any chance you can hit and type normally?

Banfili

I can get my pension on the 24th June next year, even though 'that' particular birthday is in December this year. The six month wait will be good for my soul, I'm told, although it just means exchanging one pension for another!

Synistor 303

Oh dear, I had my initiation ceremony into the SteamGeezers a couple of weeks ago when I fell in the garden (!!!) and did some serious damage. Bl**dy stupid it was - I was getting some lemons for the sidecars, so it was evening-ish. On the way back to the glasses, I stepped around a large potted hydrangea and trod on a big rock on the garden edge, which rolled under my foot. I was pitched face-forward towards another bigger rock which probably would have killed me, but I managed to do some kind of twisty thing in mid-air and managed to miss it. I blacked out for a bit after I hit the ground but was quickly 'revived' by the dog's breath, which was wafting from the hound into my face. Husband followed shortly after (probably wondering how long picking lemons for drinkies took!) and helped me inside.

Long story shorter - I sustained a little whip-lash, an amazing and colourful array of bruises and smashed my right hand - the one I paint-for-a-living with. Only just getting everything back in order - thankfully my fingers are all working more or less as they should.

My 60th is in 2 days. To be on the safe side, I will be spending the day mostly lying down, occasionally lifting my head to sip a sidecar. If we run out of lemon juice, someone else can get the lemons.

Banfili

Quote from: Synistor 303 on August 14, 2017, 12:56:30 AM
My 60th is in 2 days. To be on the safe side, I will be spending the day mostly lying down, occasionally lifting my head to sip a sidecar. If we run out of lemon juice, someone else can get the lemons.

That's when having a minion or lackey around the place helps! I don't have one, so, damaged or not, I have to manage on my own! The ingenious ways I have found to circumvent my lack of minions are many - pity you can't train cats to make you a cup of coffee!!

Miranda.T

Quote from: Synistor 303 on August 14, 2017, 12:56:30 AM
Oh dear, I had my initiation ceremony into the SteamGeezers a couple of weeks ago when I fell in the garden (!!!) and did some serious damage. Bl**dy stupid it was - I was getting some lemons for the sidecars, so it was evening-ish. On the way back to the glasses, I stepped around a large potted hydrangea and trod on a big rock on the garden edge, which rolled under my foot. I was pitched face-forward towards another bigger rock which probably would have killed me, but I managed to do some kind of twisty thing in mid-air and managed to miss it. I blacked out for a bit after I hit the ground but was quickly 'revived' by the dog's breath, which was wafting from the hound into my face. Husband followed shortly after (probably wondering how long picking lemons for drinkies took!) and helped me inside.

Long story shorter - I sustained a little whip-lash, an amazing and colourful array of bruises and smashed my right hand - the one I paint-for-a-living with. Only just getting everything back in order - thankfully my fingers are all working more or less as they should.

Ouch - I hope you are feeling much recovered now.

Yours,
Miranda.

Harley John

Good evening all, A very nice young man at the door suggested I ask at reception for directions  to the Steampunk Home for Curmugeondly Old Bikers and Distressed Gentlefolk, said it was around here somewhere? Put my application in months ago, sent in the tuppence ha'penny membership and signed up for the special free gift and everything! Have I heard a word back, not a jot! Damned poor show! And me with a 59th birthday to face soon, what's a poor lad to do! 

Sir Henry

Quote from: Harley John on August 16, 2017, 09:37:11 PM
And me with a 59th birthday to face soon, what's a poor lad to do! 
Celebrate, my good man! I'm about to become 58 and celebrated yesterday by doing something I haven't done for decades: climbed a tree. Glorious fun! And now there's 5 kg of damson jam to eat, to be washed down with 3 litres of damson gin.
Making the future something to look forward to. ;-)

So welcome, Harley John, may this be the first of many celebrations in the club.

And Synistor 303 - Rock and roll! (sorry!)   Get well soon.
I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.

Synistor 303

I am much recovered and all the bruised bits are now working as they should be, so thank you to all the sympathies for this silly old geezer.