News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Rrose Sélavy Tea Room and Gin Parlour for not so distinguished ladies.....

Started by darkshines, July 20, 2009, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Hastings

Quote from: Delirium Datura on July 22, 2009, 06:27:34 PM
I'll definately do my best to be here!  I'll try to have one of my own... or at least something to share... Looking forward to it Hastings!  Ps.  Do you like ghost stories?

Indeed I do!

I'm going to keep my stories down to one a night, ok? so I have time to type up new ones.
But that doesn't stop you fair ladies (and gent) from posting some yourself.
Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.

Delirium Datura

Sounds fabulous, Hastings... I'll have to come up with a good one!  ;)
More people should be like us, and less people should be like most people.

Dr. Hastings

And now I must bid thee adieu, I have to prepare the scones for eating, and perhaps make some more hot cocoa.
Have a nice day m'lady.
*bows, and takes leave*
Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.

Delirium Datura

vela

Miss Datura, whatever happened to your every-other letter capitalised in you signature, etc? 
You know: GoGgLeS...etc.

-vela
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)

Athena

Quote from: vela on July 23, 2009, 12:33:47 AM
Miss Datura, whatever happened to your every-other letter capitalised in you signature, etc? 
You know: GoGgLeS...etc.

-vela

I know! I quite enjoyed it.... ;D

Delirium Datura

I got complaints that it was annoying, so I 'fixed' it... ah well, no more DeLiRiUm speak...  ::)

Athena

bUt It WaS sO iNtErEsTiNg AnD eYe CaTcHiNg...EvEn If It DoEs TaKe A wHiLe To PoSt... ;D

Delirium Datura

Ya, well, I don't wanna tick anybody off, being new and all... the rules seem pretty strict at times... and I want friends, not to just randomly annoy people.

Athena

Quote from: Delirium Datura on July 23, 2009, 12:48:17 AM
Ya, well, I don't wanna tick anybody off, being new and all... the rules seem pretty strict at times... and I want friends, not to just randomly annoy people.

Funny, that's what I'm here for.... ;)

Delirium Datura

I'm just here for the party *puts on mask*... wrong place for that kinda party, i  think....

Kittybriton

I know I'm probably going to take some flak for this, but as of late it does seem as though somebody is a little keen on locking threads. Yes, being a moderator is sometimes like dancing on a razor blade, and good moderators make good forums. I just feel that if the present trend continues, we may need a locksmith.
Join me in exploring the music of time!
(http://kittybriton.multiply.com/journal

Athena

Or a really good lockpicker....*hehehe*

I'll take some sandwiches and irish cream.  ;D

Delirium Datura

*Guess I shouldn't have said that if I want to stay in good graces*

Athena

*taking a bite of my sandwich and leaning back*

At the risk of making a mod angry, it does seem like they've become a little trigger-happy lately. Just relax...it's okay.  8)

Delirium Datura

*skips back through the wall and starts to cry, staring at her empty bottle*  Out of rum...  :'(

Athena

Quote from: Delirium Datura on July 23, 2009, 02:18:25 AM
*skips back through the wall and starts to cry, staring at her empty bottle*  Out of rum...  :'(

That can be remedied....*throwing her a bottle of dark rum* Now dearest...what shall we talk about?

Delirium Datura

Ah, the blessings of being a virtual drunk *am really outta rum & very sad about it*.  Are you gonna stick around for the stories later?

Athena

Why yes....I am anxious to hear them. Where are they being told at?

Delirium Datura

Here, dear, Hastings started them last night and I'm about to start continuing them, cause I don't know how late I can stay up tonight...  ;D

Delirium Datura

My first story... a history...

Spoiler: ShowHide
The county in the state I'm originally from (in the US) is cursed.  I suppose, in a way, I'm living proof.  I left, and left, and left, and always return. 
     The story goes, that long ago, before the white men came to this country, there was an entrance to hell that the Native Americans of differing tribes took turns guarding.  It was/is in a field in the northern part of the county.  The different tribes grew lax, because after a period of time, the inactivity of the barren field, led the story into the area of a myth.  One day, something escaped from the entrance.  It bred and spawned others of it's kind.  THEY looked like small humans, with sharp teeth.  When there were enough, they attacked the guardians.  Other guardians got wind of the outbreak and rushed to aid in pushing back the interlopers and closing the entrance of hell (what the 'little ones' were trying to break wide open anyway).  The war lasted for a long time, and much Native blood was spilled in a very unique pattern... the pattern of the state.  In fact, that's how the state got it's name... in one particular Native American language the state's name means ... the dark and bloody ground. 
    So, supposedly, the place is cursed.  Any person with any blood of the Native American guardians is ALWAYS destined to return, in case any 'occurrances' happen again.  I've returned time and time again... admittedly against my will.  I've seen the field, that lays fallow.  Nothing will grow, and nothing ever has, and I'll always have to return.  *Truth* and also, there have been found 'little' skeletons in caves all around here... with strange, sharp teeth.

helios

Here's a little sneak peak of my Children's story, George McGinnal, and the Steamwork Spider.

Spoiler: ShowHide
George McGinnal and The Steamwork Spider

Near the village of Furstink, deep in the forest,
A giant of steel slowly rose up.
With a grinding of gears, and a hiss of hot steam,
Its spider-like limbs ground slowly out from a stop.

It brushed aside trees, like they were nothing but grass,
And attacked the small village with black steel and black fire.
Tentacles wound out, grabbing the people,
And pulled them inside, eating them as though they were snacks.

Word was sent out, the army was sent,
To stop the Great Spider in it's tracks.
The soldiers dug into trenches, built up barricades,
And loaded their cannons with heavy shells.

The Steel Spider walked into the open,
And the soldiers began to fire.
The bullets bounced off, and the shells did nothing,
And the Spider began to move closer.

The terrified soldiers fired, and panicked,
As they saw their efforts do naught.
Some left and ran, and others stood firm,
All the while the spider came closer.

It snaked out tentacles, like giant steel limbs,
That grabbed at and ate them, like snack-sized fare.
It crushed the cannons, consuming the soldiers;
The army was broken, frightened and scattered.

It was now that our hero arrived,
Brave George McGinnal, neither proud nor humble.
Upon his horse, he saw the Great Spider,
As it paced across the plain, crushing and burning.

Quickly he made a decision, and rode out to meet it.
He spurred on his horse, and calmed the frightened beast.
With a holler, and a shot from his pistol,
He caught the attention of the mechanical beast.

He turned and retreated back to the cannons,
Dodging and weaving the Steel Beast's tendrils.
He drew the Spider closer and closer,
Until the giant of steel towered completely over him.

He rode to one of the last loaded cannons,
And, using his last match, touched off the fuse.
The Cannon blasted thunder, hard iron against tender steel,
A ringing cymbal, as it slammed into the belly of the beast.

And I'd post more, but I want to keep some of it on the down-low. I do want to try to get it published, after all.
In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Delirium Datura

That's awesome, Helios!  I want to see it published... illustrations by Dave McKean?

Delirium Datura

G'night all!  Got a long day tomorrow.  Please post more stories if ya got them.  This has become VERY enjoyable!   ;)