News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Rrose Sélavy Tea Room and Gin Parlour for not so distinguished ladies.....

Started by darkshines, July 20, 2009, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Hastings

Usually I am insomniac, but, after running around for an hour, I'm so tired that I have to try hard not to collapse.

And you poor sick people!
I'd be right over with soup and care, but blast the distance.
Do take good care ok!
Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.

darkshines

Well I had an epic nap, and now I'm tucking into a huge bowl of pasta. I still feel a bit sniffly but eating and sleeping is good :)
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Nikola Tesla

Darkshines, you know it's just karma for posting pictures of...those things...on the Internet...

*still shuddering*

;)

More seriously, hope all of you get well soon.
"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.

Athena

Everyone that's sick : Get well soon. <3

I'm not ill, but I'll take bubbly ginger soda.

darkshines

Well I did a load more more on my dissertation, packed some more stuff ready to move (including pulling out furniture and hoovering underneath it, scrubbing the carpet and washing marks off the walls) so I feel I have achieved something tonight.

Reading that back makes it sound like I killed someone in my flat or something, but no I just have a really fussy landlord who would charge me £300 to replace a carpet with marks on, or £50 to repaint the walls if they are scuffed. Gods bless Magic Erasers!
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

Athena

Quote from: darkshines on July 24, 2009, 08:22:20 PM
Reading that back makes it sound like I killed someone in my flat or something, but no I just have a really fussy landlord who would charge me £300 to replace a carpet with marks on, or £50 to repaint the walls if they are scuffed. Gods bless Magic Erasers!

Yes! Bless the Magic Erasers! They get everything out! Except brain matter....

darkshines

Haha, I also learned that Colgate whitening toothpaste and a little scrubbing will remove red hair dye from a lilac carpet, so I'm happy!

Athena

Really? Dammit....I should've tried that before I moved out....

darkshines

What colour shall I paint my nails, black or red? My hair is both....

Athena

Then it's obvious. Both. What's really pretty is if you paint a dark layer of red, then just brush the black over the top. Or vice-versa.  ;D

Countessa Lenora

Darkshines - very glad to hear you're feeling better - a round of ginger soda for everyone to celebrate!  Cheers!
Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk

helios

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Delirium Datura

More people should be like us, and less people should be like most people.

Dr. Hastings

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.

helios

Dr. Hastings

Ok, just a short one. It's called, Ice cream parlour.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Long ago, in the old city, there was a ice cream parlour.

It was run by a very kind old man, who had watched all the children of the city grow up

And knew them all by name.

He always kept the shop clean, and orderly.

But as he grew even older, it got harder to keep clean, but he still managed.

He always had a smile on his face, even though he was losing money.

One day, one of the local teenagers came into the shop, he looked pale

The old man asked him whats wrong

and the teen just started apologizing, and glancing from side to side

again, the old man asked whats wrong

The teen said he was sorry.

von Corax

* von Corax does his best Malcolm Reynolds:

Well that was a mite creepifyin' if you think on it...
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

helios

That it was. Not that I'm not partial to a bit of creepifyin every now and again.[/Wash]

Reni Valentine

more than a "mite"...

and you would quote my love wouldn't you, my love? *makes more sense if you live inside my head*
In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245

Delirium Datura

More people should be like us, and less people should be like most people.

Reni Valentine

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245

helios

Reni Valentine

Quote from: helios on July 26, 2009, 08:56:03 PM
Yep. Same here. Gorramit.

sorry sweetest. but wouldn't it normally be about closing time for you?

TS245

clockwork creation

I am a freak in control not a control freak