News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The League of Left-Handers

Started by Janus Zarate, September 18, 2009, 01:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OswaldBastable

Talking of numbers; as I'm number Two (no jokes please) does that mean I have to kidnap Aspen (number Six) and make them live in a weird looking welsh village and then chase him/her with a demented weather balloon?

Or maybe we could just do that to important right handers to destabilise there power base

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre

Ezra Hogbin

Nature has avenged left handers in our house hold.
My good lady and myself are both of the right handed persuassion, but nature has seen fit to bless us with no less two left handed children. 100% of our offspring are sinister..erm sinistral  ;D

No, take that back, they are definitely sinister  ;D ;D
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

OswaldBastable

Quote from: Ezra Hogbin on November 09, 2009, 12:34:47 PM
Nature has avenged left handers in our house hold.
My good lady and myself are both of the right handed persuassion, but nature has seen fit to bless us with no less two left handed children. 100% of our offspring are sinister..erm sinistral  ;D

No, take that back, they are definitely sinister  ;D ;D

its called Evolution  :P

its like the X-men minus the CGI  ;D

Ezra Hogbin

Now you mention it...my son bears a striking resemblance to Wolverine  :D :D :D
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Ms. Elisabeth Collins

Might I join your organization?  As the only sinistral in a large family of dexters, I've had to put up with a fair share of right-dominated thinking.  However, I'm faster typing with only my left hand thn my mother is with two.   :)  The only real problem I have as far as dealing with right-handed implements is the can-opener.  I always fight with the bloody thing to turn it.  Infuriating.  Down with the righties!
"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.  Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.  And we shall flow a river for to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.  In nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

vela

Yes, the bloody can-openers!  Infernal contraptions!

Can you flip it over, and twist the "mouse ears" towards you (rather than away, as righties do)?  Still, it is most inconvenient. 

I am actually beginning to make friends with some electric can openers. 
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)

Janus Zarate

Finally, a list update!  And I'll post this in the first post as well.

#1 – Janus Zarate
#2 – OswaldBastable
#3 – Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
#4 – Herr Klinger
#5 – Countessa Lenora
#6 – Vienna Fahrmann
#7 – Pnakotus
#8 – Jemima Annabelle Clough
#9 – Tara
#10 – vela
#11 – Vienna Fahrmann
#12 – Captain Tobias
#13 – Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
#14 – diamantequeen
#15 – sebastian Inkerman
#16 – Genevieve Ozuna
#17 – S.Sprocket
#18 – TheBladeRoden
#19 – Choreocrat
#20 – Johannes von Koenigsbach
#21 – Drac
#22 – Himself
#23 – Bonny Gallows
#24 – Prometheus Culier
#25 - shadowmane
#26 – Steamhappi
#27 – Lumis
#28 – Josephine Hogwood
#29 – Marble (feline liaison)
#30 – Ms. Elisabeth Collins

30 members and growing! :)

Countessa Lenora

Yes, growing like an infectious weed...mmwwwhhahahaha.... (evil laugh done, of course, in a lady like fashion)
Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk

Lady Corsair

I am also a lefty (as is my father and nephew).  My family is very statically accurate.  2 boys, 2 girls, 1/4 left-handed...Well, that's actually all the stats I can think of related to genetic inheritance. 

This is also my first post, so...yay, newbie! 
Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.

OswaldBastable

and what a great place to make your first post :)

Welcome!

elShoggotho

Chiming in from Germany. As left-handed as you can get.

Janus Zarate

Lady Corsair, you are our 31st member.  And elShoggotho, you are our 32nd. :)

sebastian Inkerman

Slowly but surely they are all coming out of the woodwork.

We are beginning to take over the world.

Today Metaphysical, Tomorrow, the Aetherweb. Possibly Thursday about tea-time, THE WORLD!!!!!!!

elShoggotho

Quote from: sebastian Inkerman on November 17, 2009, 09:37:10 AM
Slowly but surely they are all coming out of the woodwork.

We are beginning to take over the world.

Today Metaphysical, Tomorrow, the Aetherweb. Possibly Thursday about tea-time, THE WORLD!!!!!!!
If I might be bold, the solar system around Friday next week, the galaxy for Christmas, the universe by 2012?

Countessa Lenora

I like your thinking gentlemen.

vela

*raises left hand*

*whispers*
Mr Zarate, sir, you've got Vienna Fahrmann and Sir Nikolas Vendigroth listed twice in your manifest.

Marble thanks you for adding him as our feline liaison.  He is purring quite contentedly at the moment.
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov

Janus Zarate

Wait, I listed their names TWICE?

I must have made some sort of error somewhere... they can't possibly have both numbers!

I'll review the thread in the morning.  I'm liable to screw it up again at this ungodly hour. ;D

OswaldBastable

Quote from: Janus Zarate on November 19, 2009, 09:39:53 AM
Wait, I listed their names TWICE?

I must have made some sort of error somewhere... they can't possibly have both numbers!

I'll review the thread in the morning.  I'm liable to screw it up again at this ungodly hour. ;D

you havnt been cloning people again have you?

vela

Ah, yes, cloning.  A great way to quickly boost membership.   ;D
                -Ivan Drugostrov

techgnosi

Suppose I should throw my hat into the ring as a fellow southpaw.

OswaldBastable

So anyone buying or receiving anything left handed for Christmas?

Countessa Lenora

Quote from: OswaldBastable on November 24, 2009, 09:55:03 AM

Not that I know of ....yet.

Steamhappi

Quote from: OswaldBastable on November 24, 2009, 09:55:03 AM

I am hoping to be able to buy myself a new bass guitar body. I have a fretless neck I aquired for a build project some time ago and I'd really like to get that project wrapped up. *crosses fingers*
I only knew that you'd know that I knew, did you know that?

blackdragon

Throwing my hat in the ring, as a left handed member. Glad to see that I am in such great company!

Lyle

Ezra Hogbin