News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Official Pen-Pal Place

Started by vela, September 25, 2009, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theairman

I certainly am Sir Valdemar! It seems a great idea, so I assume others are doing it too!
mostserindipitous.tumblr.com

"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection finish him."
John Locke (1632-1704)

DreamHazard

If anyone would like to correspond via traditional mail, I'm (practiacally, there's only a couple of days now =D) 22, Male, from North Wales. I'd prefer female correspondence, in character, to help me develop my own

if anyone's interested please PM

SirValdemar

Quote from: theairman on May 13, 2010, 06:07:15 AM
I certainly am Sir Valdemar! It seems a great idea, so I assume others are doing it too!
Guess it must be my advanced age as an juvenile ( 40 ) that's working against me.
Discovering the mysteries of brass copper and hard wood is only half the thrill, combining them together in a useful bit or bauble is the real treasure.

kylepaul

I've only just signed up, but there's nothing like jumping in feet first.

I'm a 22 year old male from northern England, varying musical interests and a bit of a sci-fi fan. I don't mind writing to anyone, anywhere. I haven't developed my own persona yet so expect to hear from myself (if that makes sense). Traditional or e-mail is fine with me. Pm me for my address.

Quinnykins

I used to have pen pals many moons ago, things died down between us and now I've moved I wouldn't mind some more!

I live in a remote part of Ireland (I'm sure there are remoter parts of this fine country but my part is quite pleasantly remote). I'm 24, interested in all things interesting and would like to write to a person as they are rather than a persona of theirs. Would rather people around my own age, and any where in the world!

Lets see if anything comes of this...

Si post fata venit gloria non propero
If one must die to be recognised, I can wait.
Crede quod habes, et habes
Believe that you have it, and you have it.

Isobel Triumphant

Quote from: SirValdemar on May 13, 2010, 09:10:48 PM
Guess it must be my advanced age as an juvenile ( 40 ) that's working against me.

I'm mid-twenties and have received no responses to my PMs for penpals thus far.  :(

The Governess

Quote from: Isobel Triumphant on May 21, 2010, 05:38:16 AM
Quote from: SirValdemar on May 13, 2010, 09:10:48 PM

I'm mid-twenties and have received no responses to my PMs for penpals thus far.  :(

And of the two pen companions I agreed, one was forced to withdraw, and the other abandoned the forums without me ever receiving a letter. Perhaps I am like a pen-pal black spot.

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk

Ophiucha

Oh, pen pals are quite spectacular.

Me;
18, going on 19 in September. university student.
Female. I don't really have a persona of any sort; not really my thing.
I live in New York over the summers, and in Vancouver during the school year.
Interests include metal, the Romantic period, and pre-Tolkienian fantasy.

You;
any age or gender; many of my closest friends are men in their 30s, anyway.
of any nationality/residence. email or traditional is fine with me.
ideally, interested in the fine arts of the Victorian era, as well as the aesthetics.

Feel free to PM me.

"I want to see more girl monsters. Girl giants, girl dragons, hulks & trolls.
Scylla and hydra. Girl monsters who are huge and whole. Teeth and plush
fur and long muscled tails. Heads enough to see you anywhere. Gleaming
green or brown. But girl monsters are usually zombies or vampires. Pale
and thin, bleeding or dead. Not Lady Lazarus, not a phoenix from the ash. I
want to see how you get strong without being broken first. Get strong and
stay strong. Get big and bigger." (x)

vela

My dear friends, I have been so busy as of late, I have hardly been able to keep up with all the goings-on of this forum.  
If I was supposed to match you up for pen pals, and you have not received a match, please remind me.  (And forgive me).
Otherwise, do not hesitate to be bold and PM each other.

Carry on.

-v
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)

Captain Phyl

Ooh, I'd like a penpal.  ;D
I'm 14 years old, but I'm told I'm pretty mature for my age. I live in Devon, England. My interests are: art, music (mostly alternative, I love hearing new stuff), film, books, and er, steampunk, obviously. I haven't developed a persona, and I don't really intend to, so I'd rather hear from someone who was writing as themself. Age, gender, or location aren't an issue. PM me if interested.
Captain Lumina de Voltairine,
at your service.

"Surrealism has been insulted and the grammar is appalling!"
Fighting for peace!? If you'll pardon my French, is that not rather like screwing for virginity?

judasvigil

Looking for a pen pal that is within the US. I want to write in character most of the time, and would like to keep it as interesting as possible. I tend to use daily experiences as inspiration, i.e. - a walk down the street with a short conversation to random people would turn into a near death encounter in the skies with a group of nameless rogues.

I'm a 23 year old male, would prefer a female aged 19-26 to keep us somewhat on the same level. I want to use traditional mail, ideally on unlined paper. If you are willing to stain your paper or maybe burn the edges a little, to give it more character, that's a huge bonus.

Please be dedicated if you reply. I'm not asking for a letter a day or anything, just to actually keep it going instead of 3-4 letters and then calling it quits.

Also, be willing to write about anything. This will essentially be just a story with 2 writers, no reason to hold back. I'd say the sky is the limit, but well, my airship begs to differ.

Looking forward to a quick reply, just PM with your details or requests and we'll go from there.
"I like to reminisce with people I don't know."

Cpt. Philomenna Wallace

Hello there.
I'm 15, female, from the USA and i'd LOVE to speak to someone from the United Kingdom!
I don't really care about age or sex. Just...no creepers. XD
Anyway, PM me if you are at all interested! :)
There's real poetry in the real world...Science is the poetry of reality.--Richard Dawkins

Ruix

Hello:)
Name's Ruix. I may not be terribly elegant or traditionally mannered as a lady-steampunk, but I do try and attempt some sense of etiquette; as it is such a big part of STEAMPUNK. Any style of correspondence is fine with me; be it just normal, victorian inspired, or in-character writing.

A little about me: female / 16 / US (California). Sure to be interested in anything you have to talk about, but my biggest focuses are WRITING, my many MISCHIEVOUS habits, OLD ANTIQUE THINGS, and STEAMPUNK, of course.

Snail mail with steampunk not easily offended and with a decent sense of humor would be appreciated.
All ages, genders, and locations fine - no real specifications.

YET if there is anyone seeking a pen-pal who would prefer traditional and
otherwise more "respectable" correspondence, that would be nice too
and I would be more than happy to write with you:)

p.m. for contact info
Foxes and toads.

Dante626

Hey there, this is my first post so lets hop right into it, shall we?

I'm a 21 year old male in WA state, USA. I would very much prefer traditional mail over email or other mediums of communication.

I've a wide range of interests, from video games and Steampunk (relatively new to this one) to philosophy, politics and religion.

As for my partner in correspondence, I've no real preference and am also open to multiple partners (oi. . .. XD) as long as they're interesting!

I'm looking forward to this, I already have several pen pals and have no real trouble responding in a timely matter.

Thanks!
Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
Kurt Vonnegut

MatthiasKoenig

Well, here goes....

Myself:
I live in the U.S. 35 years old, Married, three daughters who like Jules Verne, H.G Wells, and Howl's Moving Castle, along with all of the other stuff out there. I'm into most music, of course, being of an older persuasion, trying to get his ear around some of the newer stuff out there. Into gaming(more video lately and less Dice), leatherworking(not THAT kind... ;) ), some woodworking, fiction and non-fiction, the general "idea" of the victorian era, with it's warts and all.
You:
Pretty much anyone who would like to write and receive snail mail, in character or out(I like the idea of two writers telling a story...Dr. Suess' "Mulberry Street"? Obscure that, maybe). I need to develop my handwriting, but it's at least legible, and although I've never gotten the hang of writing with a quill, unlined paper, sealing wax, and/or slight wear and tear(darn that last venture into the Plains of Leng...it soiled all of my good parchment!) on the "in character" stuff could be done.

Feel free to send a pm if you are interested....

Thanks much

Fair winds and Godspeed,
M. Koenig
Destroy the wicked, so the good may prosper.

DreamHazard

I appear to have something of a match, arranged via PM. I'll keep you guys posted as to whether it works out (third time lucky, perhaps ^_^)

Laurielas

Hello!

Yes, not all people from Texas feel the need to say "Howdy!" In fact, most of them don't. Anywho. I'm nearly 23, happily married, and trudging through my last year of college courses. I'm interested in nearly all things Asian, 80's goth music, and good fiction.

I'd prefer someone outside the US, but am open to anyone. If you speak Japanese (even just a little), you automatically get bonus points. I'm open to in-character as well as ooc and would prefer e-mail with the possibility of moving to snail mail. I'm not a politically correct sort of person, so be open to just about anything.
"There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn't matter which path you take.
The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
...telling everyone that his or her path is wrong."
-Hindu teaching

Phineas_Thatcher

While I've grown up being enthralled by the works of Wells, Verne, and others in the genre, I've only recently thought to look up others who share my love of all things steampunk and neo Victorian. In fact, I stumbled upon the interweb steampunk movement, while reading up on one of my favorite pc games, Arcanum. Let me tell me you all, when I discovered all that has been going on with this wonderful genre all across the globe, I positively beamed with happiness. My family and friends haven't the slightest clue as to what steampunk is, but I am striving to bring enlightenment to those who are ignorant of such. I'm a 22 year old male, living in Mobile, AL on the East Coast. I'm an avid historian, tinkerer, writer, and gamer. I've a sharp wit and even sharper sense of humor. I enjoy talking to folk of all ages and types. I'm open to written correspondence, as well as the newfangled electronic mail that seems to be in fashion these days. Please send me a personal message on here and tell me about yourselves. If there are any cute, young ladies on here looking for a pen pal, then this dashing gentleman would be doubly pleased to make your acquaintance.
                   Sincerely,
                                Phineas Thatcher, Gentleman Extraordinaire
Tis not in mortals to command success, but we'll do more Sempronius, we'll deserve it!

NepentheDreary

I would love to have pen-pals, I would be happy to mail letters to anywhere in the world, and I could possibly do emails as well.

About me: I am 42, female, married, and living near Washington, DC in the US (and I have nothing to do with politics, it's never interested me). I love Victorian architecture and fashion, and I love to study the era. I have an especial interest in vaudeville (not so much burlesque). Other interests include reading, I love to read and will read anything interesting; Egyptology; and studying foreign languages (I've studied French, Russian, Japanese, and Albanian and can embarrass myself by sounding like a complete idiot in all 4 of those languages, and I can say a few words/phrases in some others). I'm a geek, I'm a Star Wars fan and I love costuming (although I don't do it much anymore, I'm hoping to get into SP costuming). I like all kinds of music, but particularly: 80s New Wave, older jazz (Louis Armstrong, Coleman Hawkins, Thelonius Monk, etc.), 1920s-1940s big band type music, older country (Johnny Cash, Eddy Arnold), disco, some rap (yes, even gansta rap), and I'm particularly fond of music from the dawn of the recording industry.

ETA: I'd be open to corresponding in character or as my "real" self, just let me know your preference!

PM me if you'd like to correspond! :)

R. Litzenberger, Esq.

Lately I've been itching to write some letters, so I figured that I'd post here and see if there were any takers. 

I'm 20 and currently on the West coast of the U.S. without any plans for that to change in the near future.  My interests are fantastically varied, so I can usually come up with something to say about most things.  And, if I can't, I'd love to learn more.  I'm open to corresponding in character or out with anyone interesting, but I do have a slight preference for traditional mail.

Just send me a message if you're interested.
Jack of Jocularity, Purveyor of Perdition, and Tragedian of Triumph.

Clockpunk

I would like someone to  talk to! I'd stay away from pen-and-paper for the moment, only because I'm low on funds, and don't know how often I could write back. Starting in email would be fine, or IMing (I actually really, really like IM better than email for digital format)

I'm a 22 year old Male living in Connecticut, US. I'm open to talking to anyone, really. I typically get along more with women, for whatever reason, just because I'm more empathetic, I suppose? Older, younger (within reason), it matters not.

I enjoy speaking on a variety of subjects, but most at home speaking on psychology, philosophy, spirituality, fantasy, and other things having to do with the mind, how we think, and the things we dream of (or daydream of :) )

PM for details, I suppose?

Good day,
Kyle

theairman

The pen pal I had seems to have stopped emailing me so I thought I might start again. I'm a teenager living in the UK, interested in music, films, sociology, art and fashion. I would prefer email and not so keen on "in character" but would happily try it. No preference whatsoever as to backgrounds/ages. PM me for contact details.
mostserindipitous.tumblr.com

"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection finish him."
John Locke (1632-1704)

anno

Due to diabolical studies* taking up all the time of my previous correspondent, I am in line for a new one. As mentioned earlier, I am in no way picky as to the vitals of the other, so long as ink hits paper and paper hits postbox. Preferably in an envelope and with a stamp attached for good measure.

*Whether the studies are diabolical because they have been taking up so much of his time, or the studies themselves are of a Diabolical nature and something has gone awry remains to be seen.

Jesmy Vale

If it's not too late I'd like to put in a request.

I'd love to do some IC mails (preferably snail but am not adverse to emails).  The sex, age and location don't matter to me.  Also, if you'd rather just be regular pen-pals I'm okay with that too.

I'm a nerdy female in my early 30's with kids, animals, lots of books, and an almost degree in Statistics.  I really hate to profile myself, especially since I'd prefer correspondence to be IC but feel free to ask me any questions.
"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room, looking for a black cat which isn't there."

DreamHazard

Just received my first letterpost today! The system works! xD