News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Official Pen-Pal Place

Started by vela, September 25, 2009, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christophe Cocoricau

hmm It might be good to write some letters (or if anyone wants emails are fine too), I like the idea, my details are as follow:

26 year old male living in Piaseczno, Poland throughout the summer and studying in Middlesbrough UK throught the year.

I can write to male or female its not a problem, and of any age.

I like a variety of fantasy/sci fi genres, movies (even some of the bad ones) books (mostly sf/fantasy) philosophy, occult, thoughts on ideologies/political systems, weapons, military stuff, history, music (gothic/symphonic/power metal, gothic rock), interested in learning about garment design :D, also like drawing, writing (got a blog), and computer games design (studying the course) also just computer games :)

If there is a need for more info please PM me.
C.C.

Talefeather

Good morning, all!  My pen pals appear to be otherwise occupied in their everyday lives, so I am in need of new correspondance.  I live in Texas with my little family and pets (dogs and cats), my interests are all over the place because while I might not readily know of a topic, I'm usually intrigued  by what I don't know and find that I have to learn about it.  I'm open to ladies or gentlemen who simply want to revive a small piece of this mostly extinct past time.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Little_Red

Dear ladies and gentlemen of Brass Goggles,

I am a 23-year-old female living in the UK, looking to correspond with pretty much anyone.  I'm an avid reader, a sporadic video/tabletop gamer, amateur doodler and currently attempting to turn myself into a dressmaker.  My preference would be snail mail, although I'm open to emails. 

My biggest hobby is writing fiction, so a fellow writer would be nice.  I would also love to do some in character correspondence, either as well as/instead of standard stuff.

PM me if this sounds at all like a good idea to you  ;D

Thank you

Z-Dan

I'm game for this, I would prefer email if only because my handwriting is atrocious, but if you insist...
I'm 23, male, England, enjoy literature- especially H.G Wells, Terry Pratchett, and Neil Gaiman, as well as some randoms like Gormenghast and Lord of the Rings.  I'm currently writing a fantasy novel, in which I am quite a perfectionist so I refuse to turn out any old rubbish.  Aside from Steampunk I like general goth stuff- ravens and the like, and musically I like Nightwish, Emilie Autumn, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Chopin, and anything in between.  Anyone interested in rap/hip-hop need not apply  :P
I also play various computer games, mostly RPGs and can include any from SNES onwards, and I play D&D (3.5ed), usually DMing so if anyone wants to share gaming ideas feel free to do so.  I'm happy to discuss near enough anything, from current affairs to ancient affairs to what I had for breakfast.  The only thing I don't particularly enjoy discussing is military history >.> any other history is fine.
And... I think that's it.  I'm happy to write in character or out of character, or both, though I warn you that once I'm in character it takes a bit to get me out...
Also happy to write to anyone in any country, though would prefer someone from Britain so we'd be a bit more likely to meet up at some point.
So, anyone willing to get in touch feel free to do so  ;D

P.S If you hadn't noticed, I can be quite verbose at times... be warned...
I am minuspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericabobulations.

Shameless self plug for a blog that's at least 1/3rd Steampunk: http://talestraversingtime.blogspot.com/

Miss Neecerie

I would also like to correspond.

I am a lady in the last months of my 30's. I enjoy crafty persuits, knitting, crochet, etc.

I also dabble in calligraphy and other pen related things like ink collecting and fountain pens.

I read compulsively , research bizzare topics, etc.

note: I would be crap at writing in character, as I don't have one or do such things.

Jesmy Vale

I have 2 pen-pals at the moment, both are IC .. so if anyone is looking for just a regular pen-pal correspondence feel free to shoot me a message :)
"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room, looking for a black cat which isn't there."

Laela MacFaedon

I would love a pen pal, if anyone is willing. I'm a 29 year-old female living in South Carolina. I don't care about location or gender, or age, for that matter. I'm new to the term "steampunk," but evidently, not the style of sp. I love Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. I like almost all science fiction. I love historical fiction as well. I am a very big fan of fantasy. I don't mind if it is my e-mail or snail mail. I love the idea of physically writing a letter, but am a little leary of giving out my address to a complete stranger. Ah, well, I must take a chance sometime.

Lady Ava

Hello there.
I would adore a pen-pal, of the pen-and-paper variety.

I am 18 years old, and female.
Reasonably new to the Steampunk community, but have always been interested in Victorian things, from technologies to fashion. I am currently studying to be a Civil engineer, and clocks fascinate me. I know quite alot about most things, and I love learning about, well, anything. I over punctuate sometimes.

Looking for any penpal at all, however someone roughly my own age would be preferable.

Looking forward to hearing from any potential matches,
Ava.
''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!

Reverend Panic

I would adore a pen friend, the pen and paper mail is a dieing art and a tradition on the decline.

I'm a twennysomethin' chap from South East Wales. I'm smitten with all things steampunk, and all things geek too. Let me know if you're interested in reading some nonsensical ramblings.
Come and chat in the IRC, #Brassgoggles on Freenode, or click this link for the Browser based IRC Application:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=brassgoggles

(We have cookies.)

tesla-loli

Hello! I would love a pen-pal, paper mail is preferable however I am not used to writing letters and apologise if my letter writing is not up to standard.
I am a 15 year old female in England. I'm not strictly SP but I am in love with it. I am a classic lifestyle lolita and in love with Victorian things, especially Victorian crime/murders!  :)
Please let me know if you are interested, I don't mind location or gender but near my own age is preferable (I understand I'm probably the youngest here though!  ;) )

Thank you
- KL
Interested in finding out about Steampunk/Teslapunk etc.
I am a Classic Lifestyle Lolita. Sherlock Holmes+Ripper Fan.

theairman

Quote from: tesla-loli on October 03, 2010, 06:11:38 PM

(I understand I'm probably the youngest here though!  ;) )

Thank you
- KL

Not quite, I'm 15 in November!
mostserindipitous.tumblr.com

"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection finish him."
John Locke (1632-1704)

DaniellaSteele

This sounds so fun!

I'm very interested in a pen-pal or ten. I prefer traditional styles, but I would love to correspond with anyone.

I'm 23, female and married, and living in the Southern reaches of the United States.

I enjoy reading, writing, and not much else I'm afraid.

Cannot wait to make your acquaintance!

tesla-loli

Quote from: theairman on October 03, 2010, 07:49:11 PM

Thank you
- KL

Ahh! Happy birthday for next month.
Interested in finding out about Steampunk/Teslapunk etc.
I am a Classic Lifestyle Lolita. Sherlock Holmes+Ripper Fan.

SolarCenturion

Hello all,

I would love an excuse and chance to put my dip pen to work.  I'm 44...errr... 45 in about 2 weeks.  Male, married and expecting our first child.

I'm one of those people that's been into SP far longer than I knew the classification of SP existed.

I love all forms of Sci-Fi and Fantasy.  Used to be an avid con goer (east coast usa fantek, wot?) 

Was a D.C. Punk Rocker in the 80's

Also a veteran of the NoVa Fair Oaks Rocky Horror/Denny's crowd.

Anybody vaguely familiar with that lot would know me as Kelpie.

Worked for Potomac Leather Co. in my younger days, at MD renfair, Pennsic War and their storefront in Alexandria, VA.

In the life after that I was a proffesional geek.  Web Designer and Tech Support monkey.

In my current incarnation, I'm a security officer for the government and for the International Spy Museum in Washington, D.C.

Age/Gender/Location not really important, would prefer traditional mail, as I said, to practice my penmenship... which right now is actrocious.

Cheers
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Josephine Hogwood

(I understand I'm probably the youngest here though!  ;) )

Thank you
- KL

Surprise, surprise,  I am fifteen as well and have also my birthday in November, what a coincidence  :D

AlegrahEredschtadt

Thank you
- KL

I won't say who, but you're not. :P

Read the musings of a mentally unstable traveler: http://symphonicallymorbid.blogspot.com/

~ ~ ~

I dare mention my bloomers in public.

Join me in the Chatroom! http:/

VivienneCrow

Greetings,

I couldn't decide where my first ever post on this here forum should go and then low and behold I saw this thread. And being that the world is full of coincidence I found this one to be rather a delightful one as I am in the  market to find a pen pal.

As I am female I feel I must impart I have a few guidelines for my penpals as I'm rather picky. But it's only because I believe if I am to continously write to some stranger, I should have the cream of the crop. My first guideline is that I would prefer a penpal who would like to keep in contact via pen and paper. So snail mail. I've fallen in love with the art of writing letters and sending them on their way, never knowing if they will reach their destination or how long it will take to be replied to. Another guideline that I have is that my penpal must speak English, either as a first language or second.

I'm also looking to find a pen pal who would be interested in GhostLetters. PM to find out what this is if you don't know. Well perhaps I should say a little bit about  myself to make it easier on everyone else.

I'm female, 23 and I live on the North East Coast of Australia. I'm passioante about reading and writing and also like to dabble in photography. Currently I'm writing a paranormal romance series centred around a family of Vampires in Texas. I would be happy to whomever is my penpal more. I'm also looking into writing a series of shortstories in the Steampunk genre (hence why I'm ont he forum).

Hope to hear from you =)
Viv

Tywyn

I would LOVE to have a pen-and-paper, snail mail penpal. (or 3. or 5... you get the idea.)

As a general rule, I like to correspond both IC and OOC, but with emphasis on IC. I'm fairly new to steampunk, have understand enough to have played several characters in the genre. Aside from that, I'm 31 and I live in Texas. I enjoy reading, and writing as well, although I haven't had inspiration for a full story in quite a while. I enjoy calligraphy, and collect porcelain dolls (or would, if there was money for it). There's a lot I could say, but I'm not sure what I SHOULD say... so...

I'd prefer someone from the UK, the US, or Canada. But anywhere else is fine, as long as you can read and write in English.

purplelovefairie

I'd love to be matched up with someone from the uk. I'm 24/f/Tennessee US. Plz pm if your interested in some snail mail communication :-)

Virginia Vixinoi

Looking for a traditional mail pen pal.  I'm f/34/Montana USA.  I'm not picky where your are from USA or Otherwise.  I must warn you I am a terrible speller, I tend to occasionally butcher grammar, and incessantly doodle in the margins. ;) I.E. a teachers worst nightmare while I was in school.  Please contact me via PM for details.

Puck

Salutations.

I'm a 16 year old American girl (New England area) who would love a pen-pal. I am really into the theater, so expect me to talk a lot about that. I also enjoy writing, reading, watching movies (mostly old ones, like silent films), playing video games, studying history, studying Latin and German, learning bizarre and useless trivia, and being generally very strange. Obviously I'm into Steampunk.

I am really into Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, and Shakespeare. Any fans of these things receive brownie points.

Gender and location don't matter to me, but I would prefer to be in touch with someone closer to my age, so anyone ranging from fourteen to early twenties will do. I would also like someone not from the same country as me. I visited Ireland, Wales, and England this summer, so I'd love to correspond with anyone from any of those places. However, anywhere is just fine.

I'd prefer to start out emailing each other and then if we become friendly enough, go on to writing letters.

PM me if you're interested. ;D
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
~ Oscar Wilde

Dr. Electricity

E'llo Everyone!

24, Male. San Marcos, Tx.

Looking for a buddy to chat and make friends with. Email please, most my life revolves around the internet. 

Interests: The strange, odd and unusual. Video games of all flavors. Writing steampunk/fantasy/grudgy. Art of all media!  Music of all flavors! Anime ( picky picky) Reading feminism, classics, modern theory and philosophy. Intellectual (if heated) debates. Skulls and morib (higher than his bid  :D) humor. ELECTRICITY and SCIENCE! Astrology! Really, any topic will do!

Drop me a line any time!

~~~Dr. Electricity~~~
Electricity can be dangerous. My son tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn't go far didn't see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded.

Copper

My dearest Lords and Ladies,

I am very interested in having a traditional mail pen pal. Have always wanted to do this sort of thing and now here I am!

I am a twenty year old English lass and would be looking for someone around my age, male or female and from any country as long as you are English speaking (as that's the only language I know).

I am new to Steampunk but fell head over heels with it at first glance and can't wait to learn as much about it as is humanly possible.

I love reading, am a big geek and love my video games (mainly PC gaming).

Let me know if you're interested :)

Jess

Anastacia Spinnenheim

I would be very much delighted in receiving correspondence.  Though, if traditional letter writing is not an option, I would also be open to email.  In character or out, choice is yours.  Male, female, it matters little.

About me, I live in California, traveled quite a bit in my lifetime.  I am female, well into my 30's and waltzing forward.  I very much love to costume, knit, crochet, and spin.  I am an accomplished cook as well.  I enjoy photography and tending plants.  I have been known to make soaps and candles.  And of course, I do adore my steampunk topics.  Delightful.  ;D
I'm steam clean only, please.  Thank you.

hidufel

Though new to this wonderful and storied genre, i am indeed a fan tried and true. I would be more then willing to find myself in correspondence with anyone willing to put up with this daffers bumbling efforts at legibility and communicativity. Most especially with any fine folk outside of the United States.

I am 37 years old, and i live on the pacific northwest coast of the united states. More specifically i live just outside of and work in Seattle. I am a long time fantasy fan and have been forever enthralled by the Victorian era and would fancy myself as a gentleman of the greatest respect... and entering the world of steam seems only a natural extension of that wonderful endeavor.

To that, my lords and ladies, I say to you, well met. May this humble gent find new friends, young and old alike.
Je suis de la Belle Île, et je vais auprès de ce monde pour éprouver sa majesté.