News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Official Pen-Pal Place

Started by vela, September 25, 2009, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit_Cotton

Good evening,

If it's quite alright, I'd like to join the hunt for a pen pal! Traditional or email, it doesn't matter to me.

I'm 22, female and living on the South coast of England. IC or OOC, either is fine with me - I haven't quite developed my persona as much as I'd like but if you can put up with that then fire away! Fascinated with the Victorian Era and currently working on saving enough money for a decent Steampunk wardrobe and, if there's enough cash left over, heating my house.
I'm very much enamoured with Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Doctor Who and most cooking shows.

Looking forward to making your acquaintance!

Damien Frey

I was moaning that writing is a dying art and haven't had a pen pal in years so lets go for this.

I'm 32 and I've followed steampunk pretty much all of my life however I have just realised that there is an actual genre for it. I like it for the fantasy element rather than being as accurate as it could be should history have gone that way and that's how I intend to express it when I start getting clothing together. I very much enjoy reading, writing (though I'm a swine to get motivated), outdoor pursuits and online games. I'm out of work right now but I'm trying to get a job in a school so I can train to teach.

I much prefer snail mail to email and location is completely unimportant. There's something to be said for holding something in your hand that someone has spent time and thought putting together, mistakes and all. I'd prefer a female pen pal purely because in my experience male pen pals turn to football pretty much straight away and I have no interest in it what so ever.

But enough about me, how are you?

Antigone

Hy :)

I love to get letters. But most of the time, I open my mailbox, there are just bills or adds in it. :( I'd like to have some nice letters, from nice people all over the world. ... Well, you know what I mean *g*

I'd like to write IC or OOC, or both. Hm...

About me: 25, female, living in Austria (so I can send nice postcards as well *gg* ) I like fantasy, sci-fi, and guess what... Steampunk XD
Music I prefer... Nu Metal and Post Grunge, but I don't think thats a necessary information *gg*

Ah ^^ If a female want to write me, I have to warn you, because I mostly don't know what to talk about with girls (except: about kids and interessests that we have in common... I've allways been a "boyish" girl ^^)

Hm... I hope that wasn't to weird and you're not discouraged now *g*
Scientist 1: "My invention fries human organs!"
Scientist 2: "Mine kills mosquitoes."

The-Geared-Gentlemen

Well this seems interesting though with me getting out of the Navy and the slow rate of military mail email would be best for now. So I would love to find an online pen pal of any gender or age that is interested in talking with a 25 year old sailor who promises some post cards from around the world if I get the chance to mail them out. I am fairly new to the steampunk community so expect a lot of questions.

Enigmatically yours,
The G-G

doncorti

Quote from: Jesmy Vale on August 18, 2010, 08:54:06 PM
I have 2 pen-pals at the moment, both are IC .. so if anyone is looking for just a regular pen-pal correspondence feel free to shoot me a message :)

do you have a number where i can call you?
life starts at 4000 rpm!
rooms in london
aeroport londres

Airship Apprentice

Hello!
I can't believe I have overlooked this thread for so long! I'v ;De wanted a penpal for awhile now.
I'm 22, live in washington state (not washington dc) and am female.
I am new to steampunk and seem to have alot of interests. Which makes it hard to just choose one for a profession. Currently I am into robotics and will be dreadlocking my hair come spring/summer.
If you're interested, send me a pm!

Ps. I prefer snail mail, something fun about opening the mailbox and a letter is addressed to you

Spazzerbot

Oh! How fun! I love writing and receiving letters.

My name is Tori and I've been into steampunk for several years now and have been pen paling for two years.
I am 20 years old, live in Virginia and have been working at a coffee shop for the last several years.
I love sewing, drawing, violin and even photography when the mood strikes me. I guess I like 'artsy' things as some would say. I currently use most of my spare time to fabricate goggles and other steamy items. I also collect ball jointed dolls and paint them for spare funds.

I am really only interested in keeping the tradition of pen and paper mail. I'll always respond to letters and am looking for a faithful, longtime corespondent! I love to send random items tucked in the envelope along with my letters and talk about random things.

I'm up for either IC or OOC, as long as you don't mind a bit of character development still needs to be done for IC letters.

PenPal Status: One Awesome PenPal <3
Dust off your leather boots, it's time to save the skies.

Wolfie

Greetings

I would love to have contact with some one from the U.K. since I will probably be moving to some part of the kingdom in about a year, though it hasn't been decided where yet. Either way I figured a pen-pal was a good place to start. It would be fun to talk to some willing to share some of their experiences and stories, and just to chat a bit.

I'm not a steampunk myself, I got involved in the genre as an aspiring steampunk novelist. I currently live in Mexico and I lived most of my life in Sweden. I studied art at one point, then went on to cinema where I graduated as a screenwriter. I have worked a bit in scenography as well, and I think that my interest in crafting and creating is what made me feel so at home on these boards. Above all, I love to write and create stories.

I'm 22 and male, take interest in language and imagery in most of their forms, and I listen mostly to gothic music although I am not a goth myself. I don't feel my taste in music is too important to my identity, but more often then not people will tend to want to know those things. I work as a translator, study to become an English teacher and waste most of my spare time(which isn't much) writing, watching movies or going out for a beer with my friends.

Due to the distance I'm only looking for e-mail correspondence.
PM me for my email address or just write to me by PM.
I invite you all to follow the development of The Amazing Mechanical Mind Enhancer
http://mechanicalmindenhancer.blogspot.com/

Sum in Ona

Ever since I read those letters from John keats I wanted something similar
It's so stupid no one bothers any more to write letters =o
I would very much like to correspond with someone about poetry, philosophy, thoughts and other intriguing things

about myself:
I am an 18 year old girl, I live in the vicinity of Amsterdam and am somewhat of a daydreamer
I study Media and Culture at the university of Amsterdam and play cello in my spare time..
I absolutely can't live without music and some sort of freedom of mind..
my hobbies are photography, steampunk:P, making things ( from metal things to sewing and knitting), music, film (yeah have to because of the study) and reading.
I absolutely adore old fashioned ways of almost everything (speaking, social contact e.g. making acquaintance)
actually I should say I'm fed up with those blunt and rude guys around here and the way all of the girls behave..
as if there is nothing more to the world than having sex with as many as you can find..
but let's leave it at this..  pm me or something if you are brave enough to write :P
Now I am dreaming
I must
for reality be
no threat
-S.I.O.-

MillicentFinnVonHerts

Well Im happy to sign the dotted line.

Traditional or email

I am 18, female and British. Like gaming both video and paperbased as well as music!!

Well see who wants to speak to me ^_Q

MillieFinn true name Jeanette

MillicentFinnVonHerts

Well Im happy to sign the dotted line.

Traditional or email

I am 18, female and British. Like gaming both video and paperbased as well as music!!

Well see who wants to speak to me ^_Q

MillieFinn

StormyDawn

My name is Stormy. I live in Oklahoma. I'm new to steampunk and I absolutely love it. I would love to find a penpal or two to write to. I love photography, arts, crafts. I'm learning to sew and will hopefully soon be able to make my own steam clothing. I'm 28 and a stay at home mom to 2 kids. I prefer OOC but IC if I can find the right fit. I would like traditional mail, but email would be fine as well.

Angela Morgan

I have tried so many times to get a pen-pal and every time, something ends up going wrong and stopping it from happening. I would love to try again.

I have no requirements about age, gender, or location. I like the instant communication that comes from e-mails, but there is a special, personal, quality that comes from exchanging physical letters, so I am open to either form, or both. I would prefer a non-IC pen-pal just because I have a crew of characters, rather than just one, and I haven't really decided which one I like the most. I am also up to writting to more than one person.

A little bit about  me: I am a 22 (almost 23) year old college student, born and raised in the NW of the US. I love all kinds of music, and reading fiction of all different sorts, but mostly fantasy/sci-fi. I am currently working on two novels that I owuld like to get published when I finish them. One of them is SP based, and the other crosses over into that world. I am relatively new to this world, but have found that it is the very idea I have always loved. I am also an anime fan.

Please, feel free to send me a message, and we will get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.
The Pineapple Bandits, crew of God's Pear(l):

Captain: Jack Roberts XIII
Doctor: Ophelia "Leea" Whit
Weapons: Angela "The Morgue" Morgan
Mechanic: Iseult "Izzy" Conners
Technology: Kikori "Kiki" Nashata

VampirateMace

Hello there,
I've had pen-pals before, the latest one decided letter writing was too incontinent. Anyways, I'd like to try again... and someone also interested in steampunk would make an awesome pen-pal.

I'm, female, 26, West Coast USA. I think I'd prefer a pen-pal around my age from outside the USA or at least another region of it, but neither of these are particularly important. What's important is that you'd be willing to put up with doodles everywhere and occasional ramblings. 

PM me if interested.

SteamTaoist

Hi,

I'd quite like to write to people as a way of getting to know some of you. Emails are fine too, bit some traditional letters would be nice also! :)

I'm male and 47 (in May) and live in the UK.
I'm new to the scene. Been a Punk and Anarchist since I was 14 and 15 respectively.
I study Tai Chi and Kung Fu. Also heavily interestd in traditional Chinese medicine and also consider myself a Taoist.
I know some shaky French and am currently (trying to) learn Mandarin.

Looking for anyone over 18 to write to.
Have I left anything out? Oh yeah, I LOVE Battenburg!!! :0

Lexi Orchestra

Hi, my name is Lexi. I'm 22, turning 23 in July. I'm an English major working on my MA thesis on steampunk for young adult. I love photography (I own a 500d that I've named Olivia), reading and writing, shopping, listening to lounge/instrumental music, visiting art galleries & museums, afternoon tea and cocktails with friends, and traveling. I'm looking for someone who has similar interests and would like to exchange emails with me and chat about, well, steampunk and everything else. Message me to see if we can work something out :)

SteamNeophyte

The name is Sheri, the age 17, and the location - Singapore.
Not a part of China; a common but completely incorrect assumption. (That still, to this day, makes me giggle.)

The username SteamNeophyte probably gives people the very correct impression that I'm new to the subculture. While I've always been interested in knowing more about it, only recently did I find the time and the passion to immerse myself fully into the rich culture and community. Stumbling onto BrassGoggles was the final push to take that step and I'm quite honestly glad for it (:

I love writing, so snail mail would be brilly wicked, really. I don't mind sending letters overseas to other continents. After all, if I DID mind I'd be in for a lot of disappointment - Not many people seem to interested in Steampunk around me. Sad, I know.

As for interests, most things. I'm interesting in reading and writing, singing and tinkering, laughing and just basically having fun. From yo-yo tricks to pogo sticks - so we'll never run out of things to say to one another. I'm always interested in people, though whether or not anyone's interested in me as a person... Well, that isn't for me to say.

I don't have any requirements set in stone about age, gender or location (like I've said). Though I have a ton of female friends which leads me to the small preference of maybe having a male penpal (?) Of course, that's not a necessity.

Hit me with a Pm if you're interested and we'll prolly be able to work something out between us (:

Grayscale

Hey there...
I'm...totally new to steampunk. Literally, a few days old. Just a baby.
But the whole idea is fascinating! I'm so annoyed I didn't discover it earlier!

I'd love a penpal who can help me really get into it...snail mail or email, I'm really not that fussed.
I'm 18, a girl, and I live in Australia, and I'm not really looking for anyone specific. Just someone who can help me out.

I love to write, and am very much a Drama student, and I'm currently trying to work out a steampunk character. I might have to do a little research first, no?
Hope to hear from...someone.

Gray~
Fairytales are more than true.
Not because they tell us that dragons exist,
But because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

Gregorytess

Having a pen pal would be fun. I'm a bit of a recluse so it makes socializing difficult. I enjoy reading and writing. My steam punk cred is a bit low due to the amount of time I dedicate toothed things. I have, however, written several peices of short Victorian fiction and I have a passion for Sherlock Holmes. I'm a 24 year old guy who would love to have a pen pal. Email or otherwise.
Let me know.

Miss Groves

ok here goes
female, indeterminate age over 30, i have appaling handwriting, studying psycology, mildly obsessed with historical pattern cutting and tailoring systems, sporadic replyer to written letters but more frequent to ethermail(tm),
Fan of: Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes, Shaun of the dead, Terry Pratchett, Simon R Green, sci-fi, H G Wells Time machine etc Films etc etc
I'm pretty sociable at infrequent interval and don't bite (much) so drop me a line if i haven't weirded you out
Happy Solar Circumnavigation Day!
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms." - Sherlock Holmes
Let's eat Grandpa. Let's eat, Grandpa. Punctuation can save someone's life.
£5 out of £295 for a metal clay kiln : ( 

Lady Elizabeth Black

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I'll begin saying that I love to recieve/write letters so I'll more that happy to have snail mail pen friends. But if you like email, it's ok too, I don't mind.
Then, a little bit about myself. I'm a girl that lives in the lands of Spain. Nearly to be 28 years old. I'm interested in reading (love it), listening to music (like most of it but rock/metal/heavy the most). I like to play with those devil-things-machines called videogames and do other things like wear costumes and read comics. I like to mark my body with ink in various shapes (XD). I 'm a person that loves to laugh and have fun, and a good afternnoon having tea is more that welcomed. Love Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Who, historical fiction, sci-fi,......
I share my love between japanese and celtic culture. This year I'm going to begin English Studies degree and the next year I'm planning to become a citizen of England.
I have to admit that I'm very new to the steampunk. The past year a friend talk me about it and then I realized that I liked it since a very long time but I didn't know what it was.

So, people around my age (more than 20 if posible...) if after all that boring text you still are interested, let become friends! I don't mind from where you are as long as we have things in common!

LdyDth

Well it is looking kind of quiet in here but if anyone is interested still i would be willing to do a pen pal thing.
I am newly 35 and live in the united states, out in the country. I work for a small business that makes and sells Victorian style clothes.  I have also been helping to take care of my Grandmother for 4 yrs.  I have always walked on the darker side of things, love tattoos, motorcycles, horror movies and sci fi.
I dont have an age requirement or location and i can do mail and email. :)

heavyporker

I have recently come into a rather generous amount of free time (all dang day) that does not seem likely to abate for the immediate foreseeable future, so I'd like to take up letter writing again. Do let me know if you are receptive to starting up a postal relationship of friendship!
I hope you all enjoyed Air Kraken Day

Per den Stigandr

Greetings,

While not always the best writer, you have my word that I will give it a serious crack.  It can be either Aether-Mail or Land-Air-Sea Mail (I do so love the look of my quill, ink pot and burl walnut writing box).  It can also be IC or out, or in fact is their really a difference with me?  Perhaps someone would like to test that one and see?

I am (fairly obviously I hope) male and I shall be 41 in October.
I live in Australia in the north of the colony of New South Wales.
I am fairly new to the full on Steampunk, but have been a fan of it for many years.  I am a keen Botanist, Geographer, Historian, Photographer, and Genealogist to name a few.  I love fantasy and some sci-fi.  I am also a keen Maker and Tinkerer.  I am also keen on things Scandinavian (specifically Sweden) and am dabbling in learning Svenska.

At this point I am not sure if I have writer companion preferences in terms of age and sex.  Try me and we shall see.

Hej då,
Per

CharleyButton

Hello

Not sure if people are being matched or matching themselves...

I'd love to have a pen pal.

I'm 27 years old, female and in Milton Keynes, England
My passions are reading, baking and writing but I am interested in all sorts of things. As long as you can talk passionately about what you love, I will listen :)

Age, sex and location for a penpal are not important to me. I would just love to start writing proper letters again. Reading back through this thread, I noticed some people were interested in persona writing. I am very interested in that but, as I am new to the steampunk subculture, it may take some time for me to develop a persona I am happy with so i would ask that you bear with me :)