News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Official Pen-Pal Place

Started by vela, September 25, 2009, 10:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt. Vanderstorme

either of them would be fine, emails is easier, but with letters we could get all creative:) you can decide^^

Daisuke_sanada

Yo US sailor out in Japan, honestly haven't had a pen pal in some time (honestly i think since elementary school) so honestly doing something this old school may be fun. I like to talk on philosophy, inter faith traditions (from christianity, to buddhism, to muslim, to whatever), I am a big anime geek and major story writer for fellow writers are more then welcome. Send me a message if your up for it.

The Undertaker

This sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't had a pen pal since I was a kid...

I'm a twenty-year-old college student in the US, practicing Japanese while studying Korean and Mandarin on the side (at a newbie level). Hebrew and Hindi are also languages I am familiar with, although I am not fluent in either. My major is Psychology, but I'm planning to earn a TESL license in the meantime. I love to learn languages, and teaching English overseas is a real dream of mine. I am a lover of music, foreign films and TV (not so much anime as live-action dramas), stage plays and the written word. In discussion, I am usually a bit scatterbrained and extremely talkative, so the conversation usually goes all over the map. I love science fiction and fantasy. I love to design and create outfits and costumes from old, retailored clothes and broken machinery.

I would be open to either email or snail mail, although snail mail would be a lot more fun and unique. However, if snail mail is the order of the hour, I may have to see about getting a PO box for logical reasons. I'm not sure how that works, but if it can be done, it will be done.
"If there is anyone here whom I have not insulted, I beg his pardon." - Johannes Brahms

Wing Commander E Stardust

Hello! I would really like a pen pal to send letters to. I live in the UK and would like a pen pal from another country... but, someone who lives nearby would also be cool to talk to - especially if there are steampunk fairs going on nearby.

Interests: Steampunk, Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, Stephen King, Theatre, Art, Comics, Reading, Cycling, Trains and more.

Please PM if interested. I'd really like to hear from someone.

Thank you!
You're the navigator on this airship and we're stranded in the desert!

thesplinteredyear

Hallo, I'm in.

Mid 20s, bookish sort (it's my day job in fact), musician in a couple bands, gym goer. Open minded chap.

That's it! PM me if you're bored!
They skitter at my heels, but haven't caught me yet
Embodiments of weaknesses, and fears, and regret
Sleep as well as one could hope for, sleep but don't forget
You and I on borrowed time; a waiting marionette

Cain McFaydon

Oh alright. I was going to start trying to stalk make new friends anyway. And, for a limited time only, a bonus! .... Well I haven't figured that part out yet. Maybe I'll make a special writing quill/ball point as a preemptive thanks for putting up with my less than exciting life or something. =P Seriously. Put me on your to write list someone! My interests/hobbies are many (and all of them nerdy) and include: D&D, my son (he's hilarious!), fiction writing, reading, movies, couch potato-ing, tinkering, many things in the Xbox category, making things magically disappear with the power of explosives, long walks on the beach, candle light meals under the stars and crying after intercourse. ... Lets just ignore that last one. ... Pick me! Pick me!
Be thankful for life's little miracles. <3

Steam-head

18 male North East US, looking for email/daily convo pen pal from anywhere in the world. Anyone that is interested in steampunk culture and crafts. I'm really into fitness and nutrition, but also delve into computer hardware and mechanical design.
~Sir Napoleon Payton Pennytoot Local Tinkerer, Craft fanatic, and Victorian enthusiast~

Quimella

I accept messages and I give commands :)
loving you with mechanical steam love

Rose Inverness

I would love to write to a pen-pal. Not particular about how to be matched; either way would be lovely.

I am an artist, and costumer. I enjoy painting and crafting jewelry in addition to other pursuits (metalwork, music, dance.... ). Also exceedingly interested in nature and poetry. Enjoy 19th century literature.

27, residing on the east coast of the US, happy to converse either by email or possibly by traditional letter.

Interested in conversing with those who are creative, polite, honorable, and interesting.

Rose  :D
That delicate forest flower,   
With scented breath and look so like a smile,   
Seems, as it issues from the shapeless mould,   
An emanation of the indwelling Life,   
A visible token of the upholding Love,   
That are the soul of this great universe.

~William Cullen Bryant

Trains to Steamtown, this way...

akumabito

Quote from: Rose Inverness on May 02, 2014, 06:20:40 PM

Interested in conversing with those who are creative, polite, honorable, and interesting.

There's always a catch, isn't there? :P

Angel in the Night

I'd be up for a traditional pen pal! I love writing/reading fictional stories. I do all kinds of crafts so don't be surprised if I sneak something  handmade in with a letter. I love reading and then geeking out about what's going on in the book. I'm a 20 year old student in the US. If you want to be Pen Pals PM me.

LuciusTarquiniusSuperbus

I have been thinking about getting a PenPal for some time. I am fifteen in ten days and enjoy reading (mostly Stephen King), creative writing, films, Steampunk (of course!) and many other things involving Steampunk. I am not too picky about PenPals or where they are from, just someone who is nice and willing to converse through the medium of email. :) ;D

Cpt. Vanderstorme

I'm retracting my penpal opportinity, but instead I'd like to talk to people on facebook!
Add me:  https://www.facebook.com/CptLilithVanderstorme

Pixie Ikari

Hello, I would like to try this out. I never did it before so be warned! (just kidding  ;))
I would like to try mail first, so I can see how it is like. Then, if it's fun, try traditional posting.

I am 20, female and live in Belgium. I can speak English and Dutch. I am an art school student and love drawing. I got a lot of different interests and I am also interested in new interests.
A few of my interests are art, costume making, comics, drawing, reading, anime and manga, history, biology... but, as stated earlier, I am willing to learn about new stuff and interests!

Just send me a pm when interested. ^_^ (I don't care about age, gender or the country, so feel free.)

edit: Maybe something I should also mention: I am pretty new to steampunk.

Odysseus Spaceship

Hello! I'm from Israel and I've been trying to find a Steampunk loving pen-pal for some time now. I was thinking about some sort of RP using real letters and maybe Skype. Email, pm or add me on Skype if it sounds interesting to you.
Email: hss.odysseus@gmail.com

KayDeForce

I found this a few minutes ago and was immediately intrigued. I am living in the US but am originally from Europe (and am going to move back there for 2 years some time in 2015). I am in my late 20s, female, just recently got into steampunk, avid reader, photographer, traveler.

I would love to have a traditional (snail mail) pen pal. However, I would love to make up stories in my letters (and for you to do the same, if you want to). We could exchange stories about our lives as if it were a steampunk novel. Let me know if you are interested. I'm looking forward to it :)

Wulf Edward Martens

Ms. Kay De Force,

I would be delighted to correspond with you if you would have it. I am an adventurer of sorts, there being too much that I would not be willing to enumerate in a public forum to list here. If you find it amenable to enter into an exchange of epistles, I would be only to happy to share in it with you. My box for electronic mail is located at: rapacious.wolf @ gmail.com, where I eagerly await your correspondence.

Regards,
Wulf Edward Martens

Artemisia Caine

I would be very much interested in a traditional mail penpal.

Age and gender do not matter. I also like to send small trinkets in my packages as well, so expect jewelry and small oddities (pressed flowers, humanely procured animal teeth, the occasional insect preserved in resin, locks of hair, etc.)

I would prefer North American penpals, as per the price of postage, but overseas writers would also be a delightful treat!

My interests outside of steampunk include medieval reenactment, painting miniatures, singing, embroidery and sewing, music (making and enjoying), belly dance, cosplay, tabletop RPG's, and cooking/baking/brewing.

If interested, please PM me here.

lioneldebraque

Greetings,

I am aware that this thread seems to be dwindling, and I am unsure whether this pen-pal system is still operational, however if it is, I would be more then happy to participate. Simply message me for a fine chat, and we shall converse with other like chums!

Kind Regards,
Mr. Debraque
"We feel free when we escape, even if but from the frying pan, into the fire"
- Eric Hoffer

heavyporker

Yeah, interest seems to have dropped off somewhat, but I hope it can be revived. I'm trying to return to active steampunkhood, so I'd be really happy to pick up pen and paper once again and converse.

I'm ashamed that my last two pen-pal ventures have diminished due to life's bad habit of chewing up one's free time, but I have some available and I'm quite enthusiastic to trying again.

Anyone wants to try to strike up some letter-trading, drop me a line.

I'm interested in steampunk, in writing (especially with NaNoWriMo coming up), and let's see... chess. Myst and its comparable video games category. Making stuff, like papercraft items. Reading various books, but admittedly rather limited to the steampunk genre, mystery, science fiction, and the occasional fantasy book.

I think that's plenty to start with.
I hope you all enjoyed Air Kraken Day

qui est in literis

Updating information. For future viewers, know that I am, in general, always open to communication. However old this post gets, do not hesitate to contact me on account of elapsed time.

I'm the same as I was the last time I posted here!
An academe and classicist, historian, anthropologist, dilettante in sundry disciplines, lover of the Holmesian, the gothic (more in a literary sense than in the subcultural sense, but the latter as well, to a lesser extent), the romantic (again, in a literary sense), the mythical and theological. I am a writer of poetry and prose, a professor of literacy education, and a purveyor of paraphernalia of the destruction of the undead.

Do jot me a note for an address.
"She knew where she stood, when she stood among books." -The Medium

Qui Est In Literis
The Angry Villagers: Cryptoexterminology Supply

Whistling Bear

Afternoon folks,

This seems like a great idea, there always seems to be something satisfying to writing a letter, and even more so, receiving a handwritten letter!

I'm male, late twenties, from England. I teach, I'm an illustrator, currently working on my first attempt of writing a novel and enjoy nature and the outdoors.

Looking to chat to anyone really, just want to network with other steampunk enthusiasts. Either email or letter is fine by me.

PM for details.

flycheese

Hey, if anyone is still looking for a pen-pal just PM me. It can be done over email or traditional mail. I don't mind RP but I am new to it. I am 18/male/UK and just started Uni.

emc

Hi don't know if anyone is using this still but....
I'm looking for a pen pal, but I can only email, sorry.
I am female, I live in the UK and am currently studying product design, physics, and maths at collage (A level).
I am interested in steampunk, creating and designing, reading fantasy and shooting.
I have never had a pen pal so I don't know what I'm doing. I also have only recently (last year) found an out about steampunk but I have always loved fantasy and a lot of my books I have discovered are steampunk.
I don't mind writing in character or in real life, although my character is still developing.

Mackrel Sixsmith

I don't know if this is still running, but I am Mike and I am an aspiring writer looking for people to discuss all things Steampunk with.
I have always loved the look and art of Steampunk, and have recently looked at getting more seriously into it. I am based in the UK and have started writing a Steampunk story. However, I am yet to develop a full knowledge and understanding of the genre and style and so am looking for help!
I have been a huge fan of HP Lovecraft for many years, and have read a few other Steampunk-inspired books recently, but do not want to go down a stereotypical route.
If anyone is interested, I would initially like to contact via email. Please message me here and we can exchange info appropriately!

Thanks!
That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.