News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Court of Miracles: A Refuge for Ragamuffins, Gypsies, and Outcasts

Started by Puck, November 22, 2009, 02:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judasvigil

*Slowly walking into the court, he tries to avoid being too noticed while keeping up his guard. Places like this can tend to bring out those as untrustworthy as he. With his hand deep in his pocket, he felt the reassuring touch of the object that nearly cost him his life. "I just need enough time to rest, and then I can leave before there's trouble," he thought to himself.*
"I like to reminisce with people I don't know."

Xzavier_Heterodyne

In walks a rather non-descript character

Please allow me to intoduce myself: I am Xzavier, illigitemate offspring of a ruling Lord of Karpathia and a gypsy slave girl by birth, gypsy mystic ( and very large thorn in his fathers side) by choice

Roadkill

While most of you all have your heads in the clouds, I have both feet firmly planted in the scorched wastelands you so convieniently forget is down here. So yes, I'm an outcast among steampunks, as well.
...The things I do for Science...

Mina

. . . and then there's me. tag-along with the local caravan, no family to speak of since I disinherited them. being on the road is so much more relaxing than dealing with parents and in-laws, anyway :)
Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?

MWBailey

*stands by the sideboard with a glass of claret, Trying to look innocuous.*

Welcome to th' court o' miracles, everyone!

*holds glass up, as if for a toast*

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Roadkill

Leon smiles. "Home sweet." He lifts his own glass of brandy to a toast.

Mina

*Silently raises a flask and smiles in acknowledgment of the toast*

I don't think I'll be in town for very long, but I think I can stay for a chat or two
Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?

MWBailey

For those who're stayin': past th' lips, an' o'er th' gums, lookout stomach, here she comes!

For those who're travellin': May th' road rise t' meet you, and may ye be in 'eaven a whole week afore t' devil knows ye're dead!

Fer them what don't know what they're doin', join the club an' bottoms up!

Roadkill

Swigs at least half of his glass, and then sets it down on the table before him. "Heh. Looks like I'm stayin'. At least until my next expedition, that is. he swamps to the east seem to be ripe in discoveries... And smell."

Agustus Griffin

Hope you have room for a man very out of his time. I seem to wake up in strange dimensions and places. The Time Traveller's Pub is a bit too flashy for me. Also, I can't seem to control where or when I'll wake up. Hoping I'll be around here more than once. I will check in as often as I wind up in this timeline. For some reason I keep winding up in an underwater city in the 1950's...

Not too sure why yet.

If you'd have a room for me to keep my meager belongings in while I go "away" I'd be in your debt.

Puck

Oh, what the devil! Let's revive this thread!

Someone pour the absinthe! Someone hitch up the bustles and rip off the garters!

Someone turn up the music! You'll have to kick the phonograph though, it's been a bit wonky ever since I tried to boil tea on it.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
~ Oscar Wilde

Miles (a sailor)Martin

must not be steam powered then m'dear.... pardon let me introduce m'self Miles (a sailor)Martin at your service, mechanic,machinist and jack of all trades, just rambling minstrel with a toolbox for hire. IC engines of 1880 thru 1980 a specialty of mine, with a sideline in home repair, or anything else to keep body and soul together at this point.     
                                                Miles (a sailor)Martin
Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo

Miles (a sailor)Martin

what a banjo player does na' count ?
                             Miles
Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo

B.Greco

-A tall thin man in a ragged out fit that appears to have been cobbled together to fit the lifestyles of tinkerer, mechanic and adventurer rappels from the ceiling suddenly-

Wowwy wow wow! I didn't think it went that far down! Wait a second, where am I?
The hand is healed, but the neat little bump that moves when I use my index finger remains.

Please visit http://www.abstrata.webs.com to check out my steam/fantasy tabletop rpg.

"Cogito ergo sum" - Descartes
"Carpe diem" - Horace
"Meus tergum vulnero" - Bryon Greco

Puck

Quote from: B.Greco on February 01, 2011, 03:01:16 AM
-A tall thin man in a ragged out fit that appears to have been cobbled together to fit the lifestyles of tinkerer, mechanic and adventurer rappels from the ceiling suddenly-

Wowwy wow wow! I didn't think it went that far down! Wait a second, where am I?
You're in the Court of Miracles, love. Have a seat. Well, never mind, we've run out of seats. Sit on a barrel instead!

What would you like to drink?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
~ Oscar Wilde

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

Is being socially awkward and having few friends enough to get in this place? The real me has Asperger's syndrome, and it's not cool or fun like the media and popular culture depict it as. My persona's a zeppelin captain, probably much too high a rank in mainstream society (in a steampunk world) to get into this place, but he still sits alone at parties reading books (as I have done on those few occasions when I actually attended parties).

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

a small girl walks in and sits down

if i may may i just sit here and hid?

MWBailey

You may. I hope you don't mind me looking. *begins sketching*

D.Oakes

*slowly stumbles in with sketchbook shoved into black velvet smoking jacket pocket and a guitar case hung lazily in hand* I heard absinthe and read the sign which included Gypsies and Outcasts, may I enter?
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

Lady Chrystal

A tall figure in tight jacket and long skirt enters, slipping quietly around the edge of the room to reach the bar, where she waits to be noticed.

Barman? Sorry to trouble you. Is there a room available in your hostelry for a few nights?

Excellent. I am merely passing through, but need somewhere to stay while certain people have a chance to calm down.

No, not really. Surely it cannot be stealing when one reclaims one's own property.

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."

D.Oakes

*notices tall figure of the feminine persuasion enter the room, and finishes last drop of absinthe and suddenly can speak French for no other reason than to feel important*  Bonjour?  Parlez-vous anglais? *awaits to be shot down*
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

Lady Chrystal

D.Oakes

*thinks to self, oh damn she speaks more French than I*  Oui...absinthe?

Lady Chrystal

D.Oakes

Quote from: Lady Chrystal on August 07, 2011, 07:46:35 AM
Oh, merci.

Wyt ti'n gallu siarad cymraeg?
Okay, this is one of these moments that I freak out a bit at myself as an ignorant American.  I actually know that was Welsh.  Sadly apart from knowing the proper name of the people of Wales (only spoken and not written) I cannot speak a word of it.  (Even though it is part of my heritage.)