News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Court of Miracles: A Refuge for Ragamuffins, Gypsies, and Outcasts

Started by Puck, November 22, 2009, 02:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Squire

*a secret panel behind the bar slides open with a rusty creak, and a top-hatted gentleman dressed all in black steps forth* 'Merci, Gaston! À prôchaine foi!' He calls to someone in the dark doorway.

*looking around* So this is the Court of Miracles! My friend Gaston told me that I might be welcome here; for while I am neither ragamuffin, gypsy, nor outcast, I am self-déclassé . . . that is, it was not I who was cast out, it was I who did the casting out. I am called The Squire by some in the outside world, the demimonde; but here, amongst brethren, you may call me by my true name - Jigmë - a Tibetan word meaning 'fearless.'

Mr. Howard, it is good to see you again.

Lady Chrystal, I should love a glass of your most excellent wine. * sits down quietly*

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."

Lady Chrystal

Tashi delek,  Jigmë - a pleasure to make your acquaintance. #pours wine for The Squire#

You sound like our kind  of person - all are welcome here who are not welcome elsewhere, for whichever reason.
"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

Would it be acceptable for someone who is of a high military rank but has very few friends and is socially awkward to be here? If so, than allow me to switch into persona mode.

Lady Chrystal

Kapitan, you are most welcome here, so long as you are not on official business. Here- have a glass, hold on a moment #opens another bottle of wine and then pours#

The Squire

Quote from: Lady Chrystal on August 27, 2011, 08:56:43 PM
Tashi delek,  Jigmë - a pleasure to make your acquaintance. #pours wine for The Squire#

You sound like our kind  of person - all are welcome here who are not welcome elsewhere, for whichever reason.

Ngado delek. Thuk-je-che, madame. This is excellent wine.
        "Not in the least."
        "Not in a good cause."
         "Then I am your man."

citizen_erased

Quote from: The Squire on August 27, 2011, 08:41:12 PM

*a secret panel behind the bar slides open with a rusty creak, and a top-hatted gentleman dressed all in black steps forth* 'Merci, Gaston! À prôchaine foi!' He calls to someone in the dark doorway.

*looking around* So this is the Court of Miracles! My friend Gaston told me that I might be welcome here; for while I am neither ragamuffin, gypsy, nor outcast, I am self-déclassé . . . that is, it was not I who was cast out, it was I who did the casting out. I am called The Squire by some in the outside world, the demimonde; but here, amongst brethren, you may call me by my true name - Jigmë - a Tibetan word meaning 'fearless.'

Mr. Howard, it is good to see you again.

Lady Chrystal, I should love a glass of your most excellent wine. * sits down quietly*

*runs*
Sometimes I vlog: www.youtube.com/realkojitmal
(I even once did a steampunk related video!)

There`s a blog too: http://kojitmal.wordpress.com

The Squire

"Not in the least."
        "Not in a good cause."
         "Then I am your man."

Lady Chrystal

Gaston Lereux, n'est-ce pas?

Welcome all. Kayrang jel-pa gawpo chung.

Or: Braf cwth a chi - for any Welsh speakers present.

#tops up wine glasses alla round the table#

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

(A large canine barks very loudly)

I hope you don't mind I brought Wolfgang with me. He goes everywhere with me. Best friend I could possibly ask for. Wolfgang, say "hallo" to all these good people.

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

Lady Chrystal

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

Wolfgang's had a rough life, as you can see by his cybernetic leg and eye. He deserves whatever we can give him.

The Squire

I say, Kapitan, that is a handsome animal! And the brass and leather appendages just add to his mystique! What breed would you call Wolfgang? I might have said a mix between a Scottish Deerhound and a . . . perhaps a giant Poodle, except for that most unique color! What would you call that color?
        "Not in the least."
        "Not in a good cause."
         "Then I am your man."

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

I believe he is mostly Alsatian, or German Shepherd Dog, but there may be something else in there as well.

Lady Chrystal

He is a handsome animal. Here, Wolfgang, this will keep you chewing for a while. There's always a few in this jar for any canine visitors.

citizen_erased

I`ll get Wolfgang some water =)

So, is there any non-watery drink available for me here by any chance? Doing impromptu tours through the caves made me quite thirsty...
Sometimes I vlog: www.youtube.com/realkojitmal
(I even once did a steampunk related video!)

There`s a blog too: http://kojitmal.wordpress.com

Arabella Periscope

Pardon me -- I've just popped out to the Paris Exhibition (with cockles so nicely warmed, thank you Lady C) and I find the WC here occupied by something really dreadful.  Might Wolfgang help?  Or does it fall within membership criteria? How outcast is an outcast among outcasts has already been brought up, but this . . . I believe I must retire to the Baths of Caracalla.
Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'

Nikola Tesla

*clanking, smoking machine appears; a brass fitting pops off and rolls away as Tesla dismounts, wearing an oddly fitted overcoat and looking definitely grayish*

Hm, as a mad inventor who has been half-transformed into a Weeping Angel this is certainly my sort of place.  I've had instances where even time doesn't want me around.  And since that debacle where I disposed of every real estate agent in a hundred-mile radius, there's been no one to sell me a place to live, so...

...is it all right if I park this device over here out of the way when I'm not using it?  And may I stay a bit?  That thing runs off of my own time energy, I've been pedaling it all night, and I'm exhausted.  I'll gladly offer some of this fine mead as a house gift.  Mind you, my vehicle may be ugly but I've found I can use it to sample more or less every alcoholic beverage ever used.  Been doing that rather a bit too often lately, I might add...

One other odd question:  no one named Mike has been here offering around oddly flavored bubble gum, has he?  Because...I'm kind of looking for him...he...er...ah...owes me money...
"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.

Lady Chrystal

Miz Periscope, you are welcome here. I'm sure Wolfgang will investigate for you. I fear the biscuits have merely taken the edge off his appetite and he is perhaps a little too willing to pursue any vermin that may have crept in.

Mr Tesla - I will happily share a cup of mead with you.
No, no-one of that description that I've seen, I'm afraid.
That is a most intriguing machine. Time energy-powered, you say? Fascinating.

Arabella Periscope

Ah, thank you, Lady C. 

I feared the Family Curse had found me, even here, through the Mausoleum to the Court of Miracles, through Time itself, but whatever it was, dear Wolfgang has eaten it.  Does it appear to you that he is . . .slightly . . . bioluminescent?  Or is that some feature of the WC?  I must suppose that it is not done to draw attention to, er, peculiarities here . . .  the partial Weeping Angel, etc.  What a lovely place!  My own might go undetected, and I might be able to stay for more than ten minutes eventually!
Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

Wolfgang! How many times have I told you to stop eating other people's bioluminescent family curses?

Who left that lying around? Don't you know you could have poisoned my dear boy?

Arabella Periscope

Oh, my dear Sir,

The Family Curse is not so easily done away with, nor would anyone let Wolfgang eat anything harmful to the noble beast!  Magnificent, shaggy, fearless Hound of Heaven! (And does he not have a prosthetic steam-assisted copper-bottomed digestive system?)

Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz

Lady Chrystal

Um, not that I've noticed, Kapitan.

But you never know what you'll find in the Court of Miracles.

Just dropped in to see who's around - hoping to spend the day writing...  ;D