News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)

Started by Lilith-Nighthawk, November 26, 2009, 12:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkshines

Quote from: Ylva Gamall on December 20, 2009, 03:16:06 AM
Hello everyone. I left for a while and came back. Long summer, very interesting beginning to winter also.

Love this wonderful Meta-Club, makes me smile and be otherwise gay. No pun intended.
I myself am pan-sexual and I'm glad that it was explained already. I do... tend to lean more towards masculinity in people however. I don't care what gender you are but I don't seem to be too terribly attracted to feminine types. I guess this is still considered pan-sexuality? I am also bi-gendered, or two-spirited as I like to call it. By the by, it is nice to see a welcoming group of people. I am not surprised about this from the wonderful Steampunk community though.  :)

Ylva, you don't have to label youself or put yourself in a box, you have described your own personal sexuality perfectly :)
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Ylva Gamall

Quote from: darkshines on December 20, 2009, 08:45:17 AM
Ylva, you don't have to label youself or put yourself in a box, you have described your own personal sexuality perfectly :)

Oh, thank you. I don't know why I like to fit in nice neat boxes, it just... seems easier that way. I know I'm not the only one to think this either.
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
-Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Lilith-Nighthawk

I met a nice girl while i was on the bus. I even got her number. Now all I need to do is grow a spine :-\
"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."

Ylva Gamall

Quote from: Lilith-Nighthawk on December 24, 2009, 07:45:36 PM
I met a nice girl while i was on the bus. I even got her number. Now all I need to do is grow a spine :-\

Aww, that is fantastic! Minus the no spine part...
I don't know how to talk to random strangers. I've had people talk to me but never the other way around. I guess I'm just far too shy.
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
-Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

neon_suntan

As long as you were sure that she was 'on our bus' then give her a call on the 27th...

...best of luck though I'm sure you don't need it... :)

Professor Sparkspin

I was -just- about to make a post in that 'Singles' thread, too; along with JUST asking myself 'Man, I wonder if there are any Gay people here...'

Hooray! I may not have made many posts as of yet, but I only joined a few days ago :D It's wonderful to see so many accepting people here.

neon_suntan

Welcome sir... to the Queer Gear and to Brass Goggles in general...

I think you'll find that both are, disarmingly civil, oases of decent folk...

But seeing as your here... can you recommend any staff for our metaphorical Salon?

sgtmajnewtonlisney

Greetings.

Uh, well, I'm a gear (and I'm queer!), I suppose, though I haven't really decided which label I'd ascribe to.  I do know that after recently discovering Steampunk, I'm in love:  I've always loved the sophistication of Victorian fashion, culture, and gentility.  But I couldn't live without the technological advances that we have now.  That being said, I am happy to discover that there's actually a culture that joins my two loves in a cool new fashion.

You may call me:

-Kitt.

Lilith-Nighthawk

"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."

sgtmajnewtonlisney

I graciously accept your cookeh.  Thank ya kindly.  I hope to have plenty of wondrous steam-filled adventures during my stay here.

Adieu!

-Kitt.

Dr. Oliver Cross

Hmm!  I appear to have located a test subject for my new bioclockwork spinal replacement!  Care for the test install, Miss Nighthawk?  I promise you it won't cost a cent, and I guarantee a 95.2319% satisfaction rate!

By the by, as this is my first post here, you may count another bigendered pansexual amongst your number.  I express my male side far more frequently in real life, because I feel comfortable as either gender and am biologically male, so it's easier to get about in the world that way, and I usually express my female side in roleplaying games and on stage, as such an expression is more welcome there.  And with that... Hello!
If I have to choose between loving you or breathing, I will use my last breath to say "I love you."  --  Estevan Shu

darkshines

Hullo Oli! I am the same as you, I feel far more comfortable playing as a boy, and dressing as one :)
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

Lord Wraste

On the subject of bent gender and the like, I've always found androgyny to be extremely attractive.

For example, I would like to submit for one of the MCs of this party, Julie Andrews.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I think that Milo Manara truly captured the essence of androgynous beauty in his interpretation of Desire in Endless Nights.

AlandraD

Victor/Victoria has been on telly all weekend. I wish when people find out that I fancy girls too they wouldnt be all "oh but i thought you've had boyfriends blahblah"  I like the person, not the gender. *sighs and shakes head*

Dr. Oliver Cross

Quote from: darkshines on December 27, 2009, 10:53:22 PM
Hullo Oli! I am the same as you, I feel far more comfortable playing as a boy, and dressing as one :)

In other words, the unwritten rider to your quote in your sig which reads "I'm definately female" is that you are also definately male?
If I have to choose between loving you or breathing, I will use my last breath to say "I love you."  --  Estevan Shu

darkshines

I guess my androgyny shines through in my posts, I felt the need to reassure people I do indeed have ladyparts.....

Prof Eumides Blakehurst

Quote from: darkshines on December 28, 2009, 10:47:56 AM
I guess my androgyny shines through in my posts, I felt the need to reassure people I do indeed have ladyparts.....

Though they are currently hidden by scarlet shinies!!   :D

(Rowan is sitting next to me and I'm just about to introduce him to Merkin World....  ;D )
There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.

The Hon. Archibald Keyes

Pew pew pew! I got you!

SashaGears

I like men ;D

I was actually wondering if a thread like this existed on this forum :o

kinda relieved that it does :3
"We're incredibly misunderstood, and so they label us witches...we're locked away in Containment zones, by those who would condemn us."-Noah, Arc of Gelen

19th Century Space Pilot

Lettuce, Grilled Bacon, and Tomato sandwich... *salivates*

What? LGBT doesn't mean that?  ???

Do what you like (as long as it doesn't violate the natural rights of Hnau), but don't do it near/to me.

AlandraD

Quote from: 19th Century Space Pilot on December 28, 2009, 06:14:31 PM
Lettuce, Grilled Bacon, and Tomato sandwich... *salivates*
*edited*

Friggin sweet! I'm bacon!

Lilith-Nighthawk

Utini420

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com

19th Century Space Pilot

*drools* Cannibalism...

I don't actually like Tomato, so...

Choreocrat

Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy