News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)

Started by Lilith-Nighthawk, November 26, 2009, 12:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkshines

Does this make me the pan the bacon is cooked in? Lol!

Oh, and I am glad everyone, male and female and everything in between, enjoyed my shiny merkin-y goodness, haha. Its a shame I can't find a local photographer to complete the shoot, oh well.
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

19th Century Space Pilot

By the way, when I said I don't like Tomato, that wasn't a euphenism...

I know some people who would think it was, see. Namely - my entire class at school.

SweetestPoison

just dropping in to say how great I think it is this metaclub now exists. Hetero as hetero can be here *mmmmmen....*drools**, although naked women are oh so pretty ( far prettier than naked men). My sister came out as bi just a week ago and while I think her girlfriend looks a bit scary I am glad she is happy. Anyone should be allowed to be happy with or without whoever they want.

also, how about

for waiting staff? someone whose autobiography has the title "My wicked, wicked ways" is someone i´d want to have around :D

neon_suntan

Can we nominate some writers in residence?

Jeanette Winterson
Samuel R. Delany
Thomas Disch
Armistead Maupin

Utini420

I don't think Mr. Flynn is going to have any problem getting in his hours around here.
If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com

darkshines

Oh Mr Flynn..... *fans self before swooning*
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

Utini420

Quote from: darkshines on December 29, 2009, 09:32:13 AM
Does this make me the pan the bacon is cooked in? Lol!

I meant to give you grief over this pun earlier.

Grief.

darkshines

Isabella Stormrift

Just discovered this upon my recent return after much inactivity... Having a pair of permanent life-partners (one of each) and answering the gender question with 'yes' I suppose I qualify, no?

Utini420

Man, I'm really starting to wonder what the poly count around here actually is... I know of at least 6 of us...

Isabella Stormrift

Quote from: Utini420 on December 29, 2009, 10:17:17 PM
Man, I'm really starting to wonder what the poly count around here actually is... I know of at least 6 of us...

Someday, when the rest of the world is ready to throw off the tradition of being miserly with love, it shall be EVERYONE!

Utini420

Dear god, I hope not.
I mean, I'd love it if everyone in the world could do it without hurting each other, but I just don't have that kind of faith in humanity.  So many other aspects of humans would have to change... as it stands now, I can think of few things (short of natural disasters or global war) that would soe greater human suffering than if everyone suddenly decided one day to go poly.

It is a beautiful, utopic vision that the whole world might rock out like this.  But I really don't think they would be willing to do the work, and in a culture that tends to disparage effort at every opportunity I just don't see that work gettin' done.  Folks would have to get all honest with themselves and communicate their feelings and shit like that.

And really, could all that talking possibly be worth it?  Isn't it just too much effort to keep more than one person happy?   ;)

Isabella Stormrift

Well if a group of the poly persuasion suddenly got together and took over the world, forcing the others to adapt to their lifestyle, yes, it WOULD be horrid, as none of the 'normals' would be ABLE to adapt, emotionally. Feelings would be hurt, jealousy would thrive, and relationships would be shattered. Thus, it would negate the whole concept of 'sharing the love', as the current culture tends to think of love as a finite resource. Personally, I think it's well worth it, but I'm the sort of person who could be perfectly happy sharing their life with 4 or 5 people, not just one or two.

Mina Archer

I'm a bi female that has tried just about everything in the queer community (as far as partners go). I sadly can't stand to be in a poly relationship as the communication and honesty is short (and I do mean SHORT) lived.

I also have to agree with Missus Stormrift. Personal preference can never truly be altered by force. And can you image all the unwanted sharing that would undoubtedly transpire?

I can't say that loving one another is my ideal world but rather to tolerate, accept and appreciate each other for our unique differences would be my utopia.

Isabella Stormrift

I feel the need to clarify that my vision does not include loving EVERYONE, just however many I feel like at the time, none of this 'one each' nonsense. Tolerance and acceptance are still the standard for societal interactions, no matter what your love life may entail.

Utini420

I had some week humor mixed into my last post, too.  Forced Poly would be... bad.  Like, really bad.  Like the opposite of arranged marriages bad.  Yuck.   Its also pretty hard for me not to jump over and think about the rest of the world forcing gays to go straight.  Oh, wait, they did.  Look how that turned out.

I'm sorry things haven't worked better for you in the poly arena, Mina Archer.  Your experience does not mirror my own.  Even though my longest multi-relationship ended not too long ago at just shy of a year, it was honest and communicative from before the beginning to, well, it still is.

Its the damned scheduling that buggers me... that, and when you meet a couple where one of them wants to share, and the other doesn't.  That's its own kind of suck.

Mina Archer

I can quite easily be a shared treat for couples so long as the following rules are applied.

1. You're honest with me and I you.
2. You must not get attached because I will not return such affections
3. Shower. Frequently.
4. Keep me in the loop should it affect me in some way, otherwise its your life and I couldn't be bothered with it.

It sounds harsh I know, but I can't afford such attachments or affections. Sure, you may show me kindness, favor and even care for me as a friend but beyond that, I will accept nothing else and you should not hold the expectation that I will become attached romantically either.

Scheduling is a pain in the arse! Most especially if said couples have children.

I would like to try Poly again...as I very much enjoy the partnership of a male and female, however my experiences have left me shaken and very reluctant at best to pursue such endeavor again.

Isabella Stormrift

Quote from: Utini420 on December 29, 2009, 11:08:34 PM
I had some week humor mixed into my last post, too.  Forced Poly would be... bad.  Like, really bad.  Like the opposite of arranged marriages bad.  Yuck.   Its also pretty hard for me not to jump over and think about the rest of the world forcing gays to go straight.  Oh, wait, they did.  Look how that turned out.

I'm sorry things haven't worked better for you in the poly arena, Mina Archer.  Your experience does not mirror my own.  Even though my longest multi-relationship ended not too long ago at just shy of a year, it was honest and communicative from before the beginning to, well, it still is.

Its the damned scheduling that buggers me... that, and when you meet a couple where one of them wants to share, and the other doesn't.  That's its own kind of suck.

Well, I'm just about to begin worrying about that scheduling thing you mentioned, because.... wait, we're derailing here, I think. Perhaps we should start another thread calling all poly steamers?

Isabella Stormrift

Quote from: Mina Archer on December 29, 2009, 11:17:58 PM
I can quite easily be a shared treat for couples so long as the following rules are applied.

3. Shower. Frequently.
4. Keep me in the loop should it affect me in some way, otherwise its your life and I couldn't be bothered with it.

It sounds harsh I know, but I can't afford such attachments or affections. Sure, you may show me kindness, favor and even care for me as a friend but beyond that, I will accept nothing else and you should not hold the expectation that I will become attached romantically either.

Scheduling is a pain in the arse! Most especially if said couples have children.

I would like to try Poly again...as I very much enjoy the partnership of a male and female, however my experiences have left me shaken and very reluctant at best to pursue such endeavor again.

I suppose I can understand why someone else might feel that way, but personally I could never share a bed with someone I didn't care about.

Mina Archer

Quote from: Isabella Stormrift on December 29, 2009, 11:20:05 PM
Quote from: Mina Archer on December 29, 2009, 11:17:58 PM

3. Shower. Frequently.

I suppose I can understand why someone else might feel that way, but personally I could never share a bed with someone I didn't care about.

I also have a bit of that problem. Having been cheated on before by someone I truly loved (and loved fierce), I want to feel as though I'm 'enough' for a person and that they are perfectly enough for me.

Besides, Queen sized beds fit two and King beds are just too large.

Isabella Stormrift

Quote from: Mina Archer on December 29, 2009, 11:27:25 PM

I also have a bit of that problem. Having been cheated on before by someone I truly loved (and loved fierce), I want to feel as though I'm 'enough' for a person and that they are perfectly enough for me.

In the case of myself and my male partner... Queen sized beds fit 1.5. Sad days.

Each of my partners is 'enough' for me. I don't NEED others. But that doesn't stop me from sharing with more partners if the interest arises...

Mina Archer

Quote from: Isabella Stormrift on December 29, 2009, 11:31:44 PM
Quote from: Mina Archer on December 29, 2009, 11:27:25 PM

In the case of myself and my male partner... Queen sized beds fit 1.5. Sad days.

I admire your ability to share. I wish I could be so trusting.
Each of my partners is 'enough' for me. I don't NEED others. But that doesn't stop me from sharing with more partners if the interest arises...

SashaGears

I disagree with poly lifestyle, for me, as an individual, I like when I have one person, and someone else has one person.

if someone wants to have more than one love, that is their business, but a world where everyone just had everyone else, would be...in pure essence to me and me alone in my opinion, horrifically boring, and immoral.

some of us(myself included) as members of the human race, are emotional retards, and need one person to focus on, otherwise....we just...die :P

*flutters around* yay for a creepy new avatar

edit: to clarify, to each his own, and I think it should remain that way. {only because...the relationship now is the only relationship where someone has not cheated on me, or had the desire to, and I'm quite happy.}
"We're incredibly misunderstood, and so they label us witches...we're locked away in Containment zones, by those who would condemn us."-Noah, Arc of Gelen

AlandraD

I like both, but guys are the better part for getting hugs from( at least for me) and girls are better to give hugs to. maybe we should have a hug conga line

SashaGears

It's really odd, I've been emotionally attracted to girls before, but guys are just...beautiful to me, in every aspect.

I love the male body, well...mostly, I find far more women pretty than men....

and the gay men population that is OUT where I live, is predominantly trashy and....fairy-like.

and I'm not much of a hugger, more like a...getting hugged person, I have a very feminine figure that could be described somewhat along the lines of a korean fashion body...except I'm white.
"We're incredibly misunderstood, and so they label us witches...we're locked away in Containment zones, by those who would condemn us."-Noah, Arc of Gelen