News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)

Started by Lilith-Nighthawk, November 26, 2009, 12:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Essick

I would also like to add myself to the list of straight supporters of the group. :)
Like the others, I have friends who are Homosexual. I also have a transgendered friend who's a very talented Steampunk fanatic like myself.

I've been a fan of Wilde's sharp wit for years now. He's extremely quotable. Naturally, because of this I've heard of the Uranian Movement that Choreocrat mentioned. But strangely, I've never even heard Mr. Edward Carpenter. I think I shall go and investigate!

Choreocrat

I'm further enthused just now that as of this week, I now have 'government approval', should I wish to marry. This pleases me.
Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy

Rev.Hammer

It was funny to me how many lawyers fight same sex marriage in the US. After all wouldnt it mean an effective BONANZA for divorce and estate estate cases?

BaronAdhemar

... draws up a comfy chair by the fire...

... pulls his watch out of that *extremely* pink waistcoat, checks it briefly...

Well. It's about damn time I got here.  :D

Congrats on the govt. permission, Choreocrat. I got that just over a year ago here. It's a nice feeling. :)
Baron Adhemar de St. Claire
Degenerate gentleman of leisure, itinerant scholar, intermittent writer, sometime natural philosopher, dedicated follower of fashion and general man about town.

The Baron's Fancy - Fine Gentleman's Requisites
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6924269

Wells45

Quote from: Lord Essick on November 28, 2009, 01:29:48 AM
I would also like to add myself to the list of straight supporters of the group. :)
Like the others, I have friends who are Homosexual. I also have a transgendered friend who's a very talented Steampunk fanatic like myself.

I've been a fan of Wilde's sharp wit for years now. He's extremely quotable. Naturally, because of this I've heard of the Uranian Movement that Choreocrat mentioned. But strangely, I've never even heard Mr. Edward Carpenter. I think I shall go and investigate!
I wish I could go into more about Edward Carpenter but he's very much on the political Left and I don't want to run afoul of the rules of the board. If you're interested in a good site PM me.

Here's a rather dashing photo of Carpenter in 1875.
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."  ~Carl Sagan

Mina

Quote from: BaronAdhemar on November 28, 2009, 07:51:36 AM
Congrats on the govt. permission, Choreocrat. I got that just over a year ago here. It's a nice feeling. :)

still waiting on it where I'm at, I'd have to drive a few thousand miles before I could :/
that is, depending on who[i/] I've plans to tie the knot with.
Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?

Lilith-Nighthawk

I live in massachusetts  you could marry me Mina.
"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."

Mina

Quote from: Lilith-Nighthawk on November 28, 2009, 11:47:47 PM

I could if I moved  ;) though it would be quite the shock for my parents! I haven't the heart to tell them, not while they still pay my car insurance, that is :D

BaronAdhemar

Quote from: Mina on November 29, 2009, 05:16:08 AM
I haven't the heart to tell them, not while they still pay my car insurance, that is :D

LoL. Something like this is the basis of one of my life rules. 'Do NOT come out to your mother when you're a thousand miles from home, and in *her* car.'

It worked out well enough in the end, but it was a kinda nerve wracking moment... :D
Baron Adhemar de St. Claire
Degenerate gentleman of leisure, itinerant scholar, intermittent writer, sometime natural philosopher, dedicated follower of fashion and general man about town.

The Baron's Fancy - Fine Gentleman's Requisites
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6924269

darkshines

Hi, sorry I haven't replied. Pansexual, for me, means I do not care what a person looks like, male, female, colour, dress sense etc. I am attracted to beautiful souls. I like the candy, not the wrapper it comes in :)
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Lilith-Nighthawk

Quote from: Mina on November 29, 2009, 05:16:08 AM
Quote from: Lilith-Nighthawk on November 28, 2009, 11:47:47 PM

I could if I moved  ;) though it would be quite the shock for my parents! I haven't the heart to tell them, not while they still pay my car insurance, that is :D

My mom has known about me since the summer before i started high school. I love her to death but she has convinced herself that i might be bi. That and that a relationship with to female is a bi relatioship if one is bi(my lil sis and her ex). I keep telling her other wise but she doesnt listen.

I would take you up on the marriage thing if you lived near me. But you really should wait til your paying the car insurence to shock then that badly. :-*
"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."

vela

Another "Straight, but supportive".

Especially of my TG brothers and SISTERS.
If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)

Rev.Hammer

Quote from: darkshines on November 29, 2009, 05:40:52 PM
Hi, sorry I haven't replied. Pansexual, for me, means I do not care what a person looks like, male, female, colour, dress sense etc. I am attracted to beautiful souls. I like the candy, not the wrapper it comes in :)

HARRRUMPH HARRUMPH!!

Well said!

Aviatrix Abernathy

"I like the candy, not the wrapper it comes in "

a fantastic explination!
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur

Lilith-Nighthawk

I think i'm going crazy. Most of my female friends that I made after i came out are cute, and think i'm adorable. But they don't seem to even think of me as more for a second. I really got to stop the attraction to friends thing its killing me. all though I do have one friend that i wouldn't mend datting but she has a host of mental helath issues including post traumatic stress, mutiple personality, and depression. I'm not sure I could deal with her mental issues without comming out of the relationship with some of my own. If it was one mental issue I probly could, but mutiple sever mental disorders I can't handle.   :'(

Mina

oh, I'm sure you'll find someone! I know how you feel, and it does seem like forever, wait for the day that someone will come (I know it seems like it to me) you just gotta keep your head up and enjoy yourself while you've still got all the bathroom counter space to yourself :p

Rev.Hammer

Please dont think bad of me for saying this, I beg you.
Maintaing a good relationship is quite difficult without having the unpredictable and ferocious baggage of severe mental health questions.
I make no assertations as to my own clear cut sanity, but I am sure that my perception of reality falls mostly in the bell curve of what is generally acceptable.
There are many fine prospects for those willing to be patient.

Mr Quartermaine

Brilliant idea, for those who are behind it I praise you.

Gay and out to the world here. I am pleased to know that there are others.
I can imagine a land without war or violence, a land of peace.

And then I can see us attacking that land because they would never expect it!

Lord Wraste

Quote from: Lilith-Nighthawk on December 01, 2009, 07:59:16 AM
I think i'm going crazy. Most of my female friends that I made after i came out are cute, and think i'm adorable. But they don't seem to even think of me as more for a second. I really got to stop the attraction to friends thing its killing me. all though I do have one friend that i wouldn't mend datting but she has a host of mental helath issues including post traumatic stress, mutiple personality, and depression. I'm not sure I could deal with her mental issues without comming out of the relationship with some of my own. If it was one mental issue I probly could, but mutiple sever mental disorders I can't handle.   :'(
Sounds like my ex-wife.
She has Reality Dissociative Disorder (RDD).
She's much better now, but at the height of her disorder she would go to sleep as one person then wake up as another.
One of which was an elf from Wendy Pini's Elf Quest.
Had to talk her out of biting off her pinkies...

My advice? Be a good friend to her, help her on the road to a healthy mind, and don't get too serious with her.
If she's not healthy enough for this reality, then she's not in a head space to share hers with you.

Oh, and I'm a pro-LGBT Hetero.
Straight, but not narrow. ;)

Lilith-Nighthawk

this waiting patiently for the right girl is droving me nuts. :(

Choreocrat

Quote from: Lilith-Nighthawk on December 05, 2009, 01:18:48 AM
Ditto for the right guy... Surely there are perfect gentlemen out there all over the place, right? And into guys, too? Even guys like me?
Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy

Lilith-Nighthawk

Quote from: Choreocrat on December 05, 2009, 03:43:05 AM
Ditto for the right guy... Surely there are perfect gentlemen out there all over the place, right? And into guys, too? Even guys like me?

There must be some one. But the waiting is more then a mite annoying.

Rev.Hammer

I waited until I was 40 years old to find the Baroness DeLeon, my perfect other. The completion of my soul.

She was worth the wait.

Dont be in a hurry to make a mistake, my dear. Your patience will be rewarded.

LukeHogbin

Awwww :( I would have offered a friendly hug but I think due to my being of the male gender it would've been inappropriate so instead, I will just stick to offering cookies. ;D
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

Lilith-Nighthawk

Quote from: Rev.Hammer on December 05, 2009, 06:18:36 AM
I waited until I was 40 years old to find the Baroness DeLeon, my perfect other. The completion of my soul.

She was worth the wait.

Dont be in a hurry to make a mistake, my dear. Your patience will be rewarded.

Oh I know that the perfect woman will be well worth the wait. It's just the wait is annoying you know what I mean?

Quote from: LukeHogbin on December 05, 2009, 06:24:24 AM

Awwww :( I would have offered a friendly hug but I think due to my being of the male gender it would've been inappropriate so instead, I will just stick to offering cookies. ;D

hugs are always welcome no matter the gender, but cookies even more so. :D yumm chocolate chip.