News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Roll call

Started by maduncle, December 31, 2009, 04:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante Aetherson

Salutations Nayce and Thomas Shepherd... welcome to our liquid shores... =]:)
Dante Aetherson

"The only thing I am truly creative at is spelling!"

VivienneCrow

Greetings all. Newbie here, only found out about steampunk by accident . . . if you call having a replica gun shoved in your face accident =P

Loving the forum so far, found a few new friends and more information about steampunk. I'm sunny coast chick who lives and breathes books. But I've branched out to comic books and graphic novels lately. Yes, I'm the female version of a nerd. I wonder if they've figured out a word for that.

Viv

Nayce

They have not, because they don't exsist.
HIIIIIIIIII
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

VivienneCrow

What?!?! I don't exist? This is news to me!

maduncle

Quote from: VivienneCrow on October 26, 2010, 10:08:34 AM
What?!?! I don't exist? This is news to me!

Welcome to our little world ViviienneCrow, and may I be the first to say that the word 'nerd' could in no way apply to you - rather (and going by your avatar and banner) the word 'breathtaking beauty' would be more appropriate.

I would say that you most certainly do exist.
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

VivienneCrow

Quote from: maduncle on October 26, 2010, 11:46:16 AM

Welcome to our little world ViviienneCrow, and may I be the first to say that the word 'nerd' could in no way apply to you - rather (and going by your avatar and banner) the word 'breathtaking beauty' would be more appropriate.

I would say that you most certainly do exist.

Too bad that the image is not of me personally but an actress by the name of Sophie Bush. But still I apreciate the compliment. I think once they find a word in the male vocabulary for "slut" they'll find a word that matches Nerd for females.

Fingers crossed

maduncle

And I thought you looked familiar!

As for words - I think that nerd is now cool, and steampunk has helped. It's where all goths and nerds secretly meet.

VivienneCrow

Well as I said I'm brand new to Steampunk but so far I'm really liking it. It helps that a few of my friends at into it as well.

I'm one of those undercover nerds, when you first meet me you wouldn't pick it. But my friends know me for the real nerd that I am.

PS. This is my true visage: click me!

maduncle

Quote from: VivienneCrow on October 26, 2010, 10:22:16 PM
Well as I said I'm brand new to Steampunk but so far I'm really liking it. It helps that a few of my friends at into it as well.

I'm one of those undercover nerds, when you first meet me you wouldn't pick it. But my friends know me for the real nerd that I am.

PS. This is my true visage: click me!

Sorry - I am a card carrying member of TLOOYFB (The League Of Off Your FaceBook) so I cannot see.

But glad you could join us, this forum is a wonderful place to be, and there are some interesting steampunk events in various states of Australia from time to time that you may also enjoy...

VivienneCrow

Nayce and I are actually going to one in Brisbane in Nov, I'm very excited. First event that I've ever been too =D

Flynn MacCallister

Vivienne, it's not just MadUncle... the link doesn't work.

Why is everyone in Brisbane or Melbourne?

maduncle

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on October 27, 2010, 02:14:33 AM
Vivienne, it's not just MadUncle... the link doesn't work.

Why is everyone in Brisbane or Melbourne?

Because we have been to Sydney.  ;D

VivienneCrow

Opps I think my FB is set to private and that's why the link didn't work. This link should work: Click Me!

I'm not in brisbane, I'm on the Sunshine Coast. . . which is much nicer then brisbane =D

helios

The Sunshine Coast is nice. But you know where's nicer? New Zealand.
In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

VivienneCrow

Quote from: helios on October 27, 2010, 07:06:11 AM
The Sunshine Coast is nice. But you know where's nicer? New Zealand.

NZ is nice, although I've never been there. I plan to in the next two years. I can't wait . . . it looks sooo beautiful and my brother's had an awesome time over there last June.

Nayce

New Zealand is lovely. Can't wait to go back and see my family!
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

maduncle

Yep New Zealand rocks,

I mean - it is the home of Weta for astart (and all those lovely ray guns they make).

Nayce

also the home of real weta's...which are scary...
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

VivienneCrow

Weta rocks! And NZ usually pumps out some good talent. As does Australia.

helios

Real wetas are scary? Hardly. They're just big crickets. They're not even poisonous. Now, Australian bugs, now they are scary.
In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

VivienneCrow

Australia is a mecca for dangerous animals.

Nayce

Viv is a good example of this...
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

VivienneCrow

Danbury Shakes

Quote from: maduncle on October 27, 2010, 12:16:25 AM

Sorry - I am a card carrying member of TLOOYFB (The League Of Off Your FaceBook) so I cannot see.

Is there a facebook group for that?

Nayce

there should be, haha
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!