News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Roll call

Started by maduncle, December 31, 2009, 04:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissYarn

Hii.. Uhh.. Last time I introduced myself I made a fool of myself by posting in the wrong place and being overly enthusiastic, so I thought I'd try again.

HELLO, I'm Yarn, I'm 20, of the female variety, and live in NSW. I'm new-ish to Steampunk, haven't been to any events or anything, I love time travel, especially films about time travel, and I love dressing up, although I don't actually have a Steampunk getup right now. I'm not very crafty, I don't really make alot of things, I'm more of an admirer than a creator, I create in my head, that's all. I'm also terrible at introductions. But anywho, I hope to meet some of you someday, I'd love to attend a meetup sometime.

Err, please excuse my terrible sentence structure, I'm not good at this. D:

~Miss Yarn

maduncle

Welcome and well introduced miss yarn, please keep both eyes peeled on the Oceanic thread for NSWSP activity.
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

bmgillies

Hello all,

Benjamin here. I'm a mere cogling at a tender 17, and I've only just started my Steampunk adventures. I love art, music, theatre and (naturally) dressing up. I'm currently working on my first steampunk outfit, and I must say that the uniforms from my schools no-longer-existant pipe band have been a great resource  ;D I've always been making things as long as I can remember and  looking forward to trying my hand at creating some steampunk goodies. Hopefully I might even get to meet some of the fantastic people here in person one day.

Regards,

Master Benjamin Gillies
"This is a sticky situation, Baldrick. Stickier than when Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun."

maduncle

Most Excellent Young Master Benjamin, welcome aboard the 'Antipodean Adventurer' (and that will be the name of my dirigable from now on).

We look forward to your companionship and photographic evidence of what you can do with a pipe band uniform!

ScytheKnight

Wow.. well it seems for all that I'm entering the glory days of the past I'm also catching up with modern times of Facebook and Twitter. Have my twitter linked to my account (not that I'm saying much ATM) and you can also look me up on facebook.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Are you living in the real world?

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.

Capt Mannfred Eckermann

Capt Mannfred Eckermann reporting for duty.

I'm new to Steampunk but have been in the Victorian era for many years with Sherlock Holmes and Harry Flashman as occasional companions.

I recently enlisted with the Royal Dirigible Corp and hope to have a long and profitable tour (for both the RDC and Capt EM).  Cheers to the HMD Empress.

Ever your humble &tc,
Eckermann, CoASAF, OON, SHSWA. BcC Ret., Capt RDC Marines

For Queen and Country
Capt. Mannfred Eckermann, Marines
RDC

maduncle

Welcome Captain Mannfred Eckermann, CoASAF, OON, SHSWA. BcC Ret., Capt RDC Marines!

We look forward to more from you, particularly on your Holmsian adventures - be sure to join us in Melbourne for Steampumped in early May if you can.

Meanwhile - watch the 'swap meet going ahead - mutants be damned' for any combined junk hunting that may be occurring.

Yours indubitably,

~ maduncle ~

Mistress Bethany Wells

Hey there everyone,
I decided it was about time that I actually contribute for once, instead of just lurking
Bethany Wells is a character for a comic that a friend and I were making

Regards
Miss Wells

ElizaBathory

maduncle

Quote from: Mistress Bethany Wells on February 22, 2011, 09:20:00 AM
Hey there everyone,
I decided it was about time that I actually contribute for once, instead of just lurking
Bethany Wells is a character for a comic that a friend and I were making

Regards
Miss Wells

Welcome Mistress Bethany - lovely to make your aquaintance

maduncle

To our fellow oceanic steampunk adventurers across the way in New Zealand who suffered a tragic event last week - please touch base on the forum and let us know that 'A' you are okay and also 'B' if you think there is anything we can do to help if you are not okay

Crawford

Mesdames et Messieurs

Please allow me to take a moment of your time to introduce myself, having lurked here for some time now.  I go by the name of Crawford and dabble in the area of costuming, including attempting to find ways to incorporate steampunk elements into my professional wardrobe.

I particularly look forward to learning of events to attend (otherwise known as excuses to make and wear proper clothing) and discovering more inspirational work throughout this wonderful forum.

Crawford

aldebaran

What? I never introduced myself here? *facepalm*

Anyway, I'm Nicole Ross; wrong side of 30; married and live in Canberra with my husband and our pets; adding the finishing touches to my first novel; and active in the local atheist and skeptical communities.

My page: http://clfornax.com/
Author of Fornax Rising

maduncle

Welcome Crawford - New Zealand has an active steampunk community so I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to dress up.

And welcome Aldebaran - sorry to hear you have not reached 30 yet, fear not - you will soon be on the right side.

Kalisary

Hello,

I thought it was about time I cease lurking and introduce myself, a 25 year old female, recently relocated from Sydney to Melbourne.

I lack any real creative talent and being a graduate student, am currently unable to supplant that need with money, so I have an unfortunate dearth of livery. Thus far, a lack of appropriate apparel and any accompanying adventurers has prevented me from participating in any events, but I have been admiring from afar.

I am currently looking to change this. While my wardrobe won't be drastically expanding any time soon, I'm hoping I might be able to find some other lurkers here that might be interested in dipping their toes a little bit further.

I am intending to make an appearance at The Conservatory on the 25th of March. I don't know anyone in Melbourne interested in joining me, but would love to have a friendly face. So if there's anyone out there in a similar position, that would like to meet up at or prior to the event to discuss cheap apparel options or would like another 'newbie' to feel less out of place with, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Otherwise, I hope to gather the courage to say hello every now and again,

Thank you,

maduncle

Welcome Kalisary,

Glad to hear you are attending The Conservatory, Omega will be pleased.

Be sure to attend Steampump(ed) on May 7th if you can - there will be hordes of folk, some fully kitted out and others less in costume (in many ways) so it is a good mix of attendees.

JocelynRose

Hello,
I'm the not so bright Jocelyn. I tend to be too eager and just jump into things before reading (Sometimes a good thing, often a bad)

Anyhoo, long time listener first time caller.
Well not really on the forums (as I said I'm not always the brightest spark sometimes - I only found the forum this week), more a long time admirer of Steampunk.

I'm Nineteen and in Sydney.

Good day

maduncle

Welcome newest light Jocelyn.

Fear not - there are may dim witted amongst us - but together we shine!

JocelynRose

MissBriar

I keep putting off introducing myself, as I never know where to start.
So let's go with name first, which is Roslyn. I'm not well known in Melbourne steam circles mainly because I'm new to steam, though not to dressing 'different', that sorta started 7 years ago when I became a children's entertainer. I wore costumes and people smiled...so I guess it formed a mental condition that told me to dress how I wanted to, and not hide behind plain clothes anymore.

I tripped over steampunk by accident on Live Journal some time ago...back before facebook and when you could search for communities....when I saw awesome clothes. I followed the trail and found steampunk.

I'm not a 'full time' steampunk...My wardobe varies from polished 1920's inspired clothing to something that most likely looks like a blend between a carnival folk and fairytale character (I'm an amatur folklorist and used to preform in the circus...so I guess it's natural) in fact even my steampunk is more Storyteller/trader than sky-ship captain....but I'm in love with steampunk and am currently putting together a more impressive costume.

maduncle

Quote from: MissBriar on March 21, 2011, 10:01:22 AM
....but I'm in love with steampunk and am currently putting together a more impressive costume.

Well then Miss Briar - given you are assembling an impressive costume, perhaps we may see yo uat the Steampump(ed) event on the 7th of May at the Donkey Wheel House?

Welcome to the fold, we Melbournians are always on hand to provide costume advice.

MissBriar

Oh, I'll definately be at Steampump...while I like making my own things (grew up being babysat by a mechanic who fixed everything...I was given gifts as a child with a 'you're not allowed to pull it apart until it's broken' rule...which wasn't super strict as I could put them back together too) I love other people's creations/art...and I look forward to the advice...the more brains the better!

ScytheKnight

Might also want to consider the Circus Oz performance at 7:30 PM July 2nd as they are having a big SteamPunk special showing of their new SteamPunk based show.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Are you living in the real world?

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.

Per den Stigandr

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemanly Types,

I have already crossed this formality over in the Metaphysical Intruductions Thread, but allow me to  introduce myself again.

I am Per den Stigandr.  I am in my 40th year of this life.  Like many in this thread I hail from Terra Australis Incognito.  In particular I reside in sticks.  What you in the bustling parts would call the far north of the colony of New South Wales.  Three generations back my great grandfather undertook the perilous journey to this land from far off Sweden.

My passion for Steampunk is quite new, but I have long been a lover of things clockwork, brass, wood and shiny.  I actually come from a long line of explorers, inquisitors, inventors and makers, and I myself am a man of Science, invention and photography.  At this time my workshop is in chaos due to some experiments that went awry, but in the months to come I hope to be able to share and contribute with my various projects.

When I am not making, tinkering, photographing or being inquisitive, I am an avid reader (fantasy and the odd sci-fi) and researcher.  I love the outdoors, in particular the study of plant life and landforms.  I have also had a lengthy association with this fan-dangle aether-ma-net phenomenon.

And, while it is not Steampunk, and it is still in flux, my website as my signature suggests is; http://www.stigandr.com.

Kind regards,
Per den Stigandr.

PS.  I am aware that my current avatar image is not steampunk.  I shall endeavour to rectify this issue soon.

maduncle

Welcome Per den Stigandr!

I am jolly pleased to hear from you, and that you find yourself busy making, tinkering, photographing (a noble art) and being inquisitive.

Look forward to seeing some of your tinkering as photos here soon.

~ maduncle ~