News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Roll call

Started by maduncle, December 31, 2009, 04:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante Aetherson

::blink:: Wow, new offices and all... bligh-meh.

*coughs* erm yes! Present!

Salutations everyone... I've been away for a while and have returned to find many changes. Progress, it never ceases...

I bumped into Horsebrass twice this weekend at steamy events (Newport/ Victorian Steam Rail open day and the Scoresby SteamFest) and was reminded that I'd been very neglectful of late, so I thought I'd pop on and tip my hat and offer my greetings.

One of these day's I'll post my calling card, but given my address is a midden, I think I ought to do some cleaning up first. *chuckles*

Dante Aetherson

"The only thing I am truly creative at is spelling!"

maduncle

Quote from: Dante Aetherson on March 08, 2010, 12:35:37 PM
::blink:: Wow, new offices and all... bligh-meh.

*coughs* erm yes! Present!

Salutations everyone... I've been away for a while and have returned to find many changes. Progress, it never ceases...

I bumped into Horsebrass twice this weekend at steamy events (Newport/ Victorian Steam Rail open day and the Scoresby SteamFest) and was reminded that I'd been very neglectful of late, so I thought I'd pop on and tip my hat and offer my greetings.

One of these day's I'll post my calling card, but given my address is a midden, I think I ought to do some cleaning up first. *chuckles*

Aha! There you are.

Good to hear from you Dante - are you planning to attend Steampump? (See thread in Oceana)...
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

Dante Aetherson

Quote from: maduncle on March 09, 2010, 11:40:03 AM

Aha! There you are.

Good to hear from you Dante - are you planning to attend Steampump? (See thread in Oceana)...

Yes, I am planning on going... it has been far to long since I went on a steamy night out!
Dante Aetherson

"The only thing I am truly creative at is spelling!"

steelhips

Here!  I'm stuck all the way over the Nullarbor now.  Damn.  But the jewellery/art/LARP props etc etc I create go all over the world so that helps with the isolation.  Are there any Perth SPers?

I also create websites although I cheated with my own site using a portfolio generator because I needed something up fast.  I'm in the process of making my "real" site all lovingly hand coded.  Some of my customers have asked for a facebook fan page of my designs so I'll be doing that in the next couple of weeks too.

www.steelhipdesign.com

maduncle

Quote from: steelhips on March 10, 2010, 04:47:35 AM
Here!  I'm stuck all the way over the Nullarbor now.  Damn.  But the jewellery/art/LARP props etc etc I create go all over the world so that helps with the isolation.  Are there any Perth SPers?

I also create websites although I cheated with my own site using a portfolio generator because I needed something up fast.  I'm in the process of making my "real" site all lovingly hand coded.  Some of my customers have asked for a facebook fan page of my designs so I'll be doing that in the next couple of weeks too.

www.steelhipdesign.com

Welcome steelhips - please send us your website address once you have handcrafted it (I shall link it on my blog).

Dante - it will be smashing to see you at Steampump.

Prof Eumides Blakehurst

Reporting in from Canberra.

Though I don't fuss with these new-fangled aetheric book/page things...  ;D
There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.

ElizaBathory

*enters the discussion in a flurry of taffeta and lace*

Why hello there Ladies and Gentlemen. Miss Eliza Bathory. How lovely to make your acquaintence. A student of anatomy at your service, hailing from the far-flung reaches of the continent in Perth, Western Australia.

Hopefully I am not along in my current place of residence?

steelhips

Quote from: ElizaBathory on March 25, 2010, 11:32:53 AM
Hopefully I am not along in my current place of residence?

Salutations Miss Eliza!

I'm also in Perth - the suburban hell of Bull Creek (sorry in advance if there are any other Bull Creekians).  What realm of the medical profession are you studying?  I work from home, making steamy art and accessories that I sell online. 

Michelle aka steelhips

ElizaBathory

Why hello there precious...

I am a body piercer and longtime fan of the human body. I must admit that my fascination for the human body is something of a rather morbid and dangerous curiousity, though I do my best to keep it under wraps...

maduncle

Quote from: ElizaBathory on March 27, 2010, 06:32:49 PM
Why hello there precious...

I am a body piercer and longtime fan of the human body. I must admit that my fascination for the human body is something of a rather morbid and dangerous curiousity, though I do my best to keep it under wraps...

You are a fan of the human body and yet you stick holes in them???

Yes that is morbid, no wonder you keep it under wraps.

(Who am I to talk - my right nipple often sets off metal detectors).

ElizaBathory

*laughs quietly behind a gloved hand*

Why sweetness, it is the way in which the human body reacts, rejects, accepts and recovers from such procedures that is at the very heart of my fascination. Is it not an amazing thing that our body, the vessel for our thoughts and imaginings, can both accept and deny that which we throw at it, so to speak, on a regular basis? The very notion that my body adornments are constantly held in siege by my immune system gives me cause to shiver...

*smiles ever so sweetly*

But enough talk of such things...

maduncle

Quote from: ElizaBathory on March 28, 2010, 03:13:24 PM
*laughs quietly behind a gloved hand*

Why sweetness, it is the way in which the human body reacts, rejects, accepts and recovers from such procedures that is at the very heart of my fascination. Is it not an amazing thing that our body, the vessel for our thoughts and imaginings, can both accept and deny that which we throw at it, so to speak, on a regular basis? The very notion that my body adornments are constantly held in siege by my immune system gives me cause to shiver...

*smiles ever so sweetly*

But enough talk of such things...

My dear - there is never enough talk of such things - pray continue...

steelhips

Love piercings and the macabre!  I have the ultimate piercings - both femurs vertically and knee joints, plus a metal plated fused wrist.  I laugh at people who say a tattoo hurts - am I a pain snob? 

Miss Eliza - I gather you will be watching Blood and Guts - a history of surgery tonight on SBS?

ElizaBathory

Was that on Tuesday night? Oh my! I watch so little television these days. I really ought to get a calendar and write these things thereon...

*laughs with steelhips*

Transhuman, indeed... After having had my kneecaps reconstructed, I too have to laugh. I suppose in my profession I ought to have some sense of compassion, but my feelings are, "If you want it, put up with what you have to go through for it."

Liss_Black

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Talisa Black and it is a pleasure to finally have time to pop in for a hello. I hail from the northern climes of Brisbane and am one of the madcap Black Productions redheads who run Prometheus Bound and Gaslight whilst battling the demons of the music and entertainment industry.

I am utterly dreadful at these introductory posts so I shall leave off with a cheerful wave and look forward to speaking with you all.

"With a ready supply of tea and a fine parasol, one can take over the world."
http://www.neoapocalyptica.com.au

maduncle

Welcome Talisa,

Do you make music or promote music?

I am keen on collecting some more steampunkish music, my latest discovery is the Spooky Mens Choir.

We look forward to more cheerful waves from QLD.

Sonnenkinder

Hi, all.

I figure this is where new-comers can introduce themselves?

Well, with that in mind, I am Sonnenkinder.

A little bit about myself:
The unintentional result of unprotected public toilet use, Sonnenkinder was orphaned from birth.
A lonely street urchin, he capitalised on his young age, cherubin features and the compassion of his social betters to eke an existance on the streets of seventeenth century London. Quickly becoming a deft hand at confidence games, Sonnenkinder fell in with with a small, 3 member crew of card sharps, reputed to be the only squirrels in London to have cheated all 148 members of the House of Lords.

Aforementioned card sharps.

Sentenced to transportation for theft of a length of precious blue wire, Sonnenkinder reached the inhospitable shores of Australia with the First Fleet on the 26th of january, 1788.
Upon recieving a pardon after 35 years of indentured service, Sonnenkinder travelled overland to the newly formed penal colony of Melbourne, and settled into a life of debauched hedonism.

Example of debauched hedonism.

Gifted with an unnaturally long life-span, Sonnenkinder now resides in a tropical hell-hole in the far north of Far North Queensland

A regular participant of obsure martial activities, he plays bagpipes, heads a youth mentoring program, and is a member of a suitably obscure religious group and several charity groups.

Knife enthusiast, medieval re-enactor, bladesmith, trance-maker and all round nice guy, Sonnenkinder once played bagpipes in a folk metal band.
Currently studying Nursing Science at University, he finds ample opportunity to put these abilities to use, often to the shock, wonderment and disgust of those present.

Happening across this place just over a year ago, he finds this particular group of gifted, talented and sometimes troubled degenerates to calm his fear that he's alone in his own peculiar brand of insanity.
Appealling to his love of steampunkery, nick nackery, gypsy-esque tinkery, and other assorted scull-duggery, Sonnenkinder took the leap of faith and registered, finally.

So, yes, I am Sonnenkinder, and I am much relieved to finally find company that will consider my tinkering and the shiny hoard of brass and random steampunkery upon which I sleep, to be a positive attribute, and not an expensive folly.

I currently reside in the far north of Far North Queensland. I'll be moving down permanently (and about time) in a few months or so, so I figured now would be the perfect time to wade into the conversations I'd only lurked around before, and build somewhat of a network up, in preparation for the move.

So, that's me.

I'll be down a'house-hunting at the end of the month. Who's up for a drink and some window shopping?

First drink's on me.

-Sonnen.

damianlz

YOUR THAT GUY WHO KEEPS STEALING MY POCKET WATCH CHAIN! OFFICER! OFFICER!
This isnt Russia

Choreocrat

More Canberra folk here! We have our own thread, and casual meet-ups every month(ish).
Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy

Sonnenkinder

Quote from: damianlz on April 06, 2010, 09:30:32 PM
YOUR THAT GUY WHO KEEPS STEALING MY POCKET WATCH CHAIN! OFFICER! OFFICER!

It wasn't me, honest.

You can turn out my coat pockets, if you so wish!

(unbeknownst to you, your fob watch was already handed off to a bagman, and is presently on it's way to be fenced)

I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. Here, have a sweetmeat.

-Sonnen.

damianlz

Am I the only one mildly disturbed by the concept of Sweetmeat? unless is Honey ham
This isnt Russia

ElizaBathory

Yeah, sugar-encrusted Roast Beef just doesn't seem to have the taste buds screaming for more. :)

Sonnenkinder

Quote from: ElizaBathory on April 07, 2010, 09:42:17 AM
Yeah, sugar-encrusted Roast Beef just doesn't seem to have the taste buds screaming for more. :)

Quote from: damianlz on April 07, 2010, 06:51:26 AM
Am I the only one mildly disturbed by the concept of Sweetmeat? unless is Honey ham

Sweetmeats, the only snack rated the "best and most delectable delicatessen delight in all of 14th Century Europe", five times running.

ElizaBathory

*lol*

Clearly I was not on the voting panel... :)

damianlz

Stay away from my children in your inappropriately creepy and mid tone coloured zeplin selling 'sweetmeats' indeed

okay joke got creepy im gonnna go back to writing and modeling a krakenoctus
This isnt Russia