News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Roll call

Started by maduncle, December 31, 2009, 04:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maduncle

Quote from: Lenora on June 23, 2010, 11:41:50 AM
just adding my 'Australasian' presence to the board......*Go the All-Whites*

hale and well met from Whangarei, New Zealand. *waves to any fellow Kiwi's*

cheerio chaps  ;D

Greetings Lenora,

First and foremost - you live in the land of Weta and all good steampunk weaponry that comes from them - I am envious.

Second - we shall share our love of steampunk in the true Anzac spirit.

Third - bring on the common currency.

Fourth - please come and collect Russel Crowe, we are quite over him.
"Lockstock stonedead shock of a Dog Fenn frown"

ScytheKnight

Fifth - I need 'test pilots' for my new mechanical sheep.  :P  ;D  :D
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Are you living in the real world?

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.

maduncle

Quote from: ScytheKnight on June 23, 2010, 12:44:24 PM
Fifth - I need 'test pilots' for my new mechanical sheep.  :P  ;D  :D

Bad boy ScytheKnight - go test your own sheep and stop propogating the myth that New Zealanders have romantic desires for their livestock.

I was married to a New Zealander once (1/4 Maori in fact) and this fine girl had a stong romantic attraction to unusual skimpy leather garments, but certianly no sheep were involved.

helios

maduncle, you can keep Russel, we don't want him any more.

Lenora, Hail! Another Kiwilander! Welcome!

ScytheKnight, I'm afraid you're getting New Zealanders confused with the Welsh.
In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Prof Eumides Blakehurst

Quote from: helios on June 27, 2010, 10:23:48 AM
ScytheKnight, I'm afraid you're getting New Zealanders confused with the Welsh.

Oi! "Us Welsh are a sensitive people - if you upset us, we break your fingers."  :D

(You can always get a good quote for anything from the Goodies!)
There is no god and Dawkins is his prophet.

ScytheKnight

Just thought I'd let you know that I've finished the first story set in my SteamPunk/Supernatural Horror setting The DarkWorks Saga. Keep an eye out on CatherinetteRings' Robot Short Story Contest thread, if he doesn't post the entries in the thread when the winners are announced I'll be sure to post it there or elsewhere in the Textual forum.

Edit: Story posted in competition thread.  8)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.

Hero Childheart

Reporting in from Townsville, Queensland sorry I'm late.
I'm a writer and I love to travel, want to go to more Steampunk events (sick of being the only Steampunk at anime conventions :P ) and I'd love to get more involved in the community here in Australia. Currently working on a few Steampunk projects and I look forward to sharing most of them here on Brass Goggles :)
You'd like to see the clockwork rotating within my head? It's nothing compared to what exists in my heart.

maduncle

Quote from: Hero Childheart on July 17, 2010, 10:49:58 AM
Reporting in from Townsville, Queensland sorry I'm late.
I'm a writer and I love to travel, want to go to more Steampunk events (sick of being the only Steampunk at anime conventions :P ) and I'd love to get more involved in the community here in Australia. Currently working on a few Steampunk projects and I look forward to sharing most of them here on Brass Goggles :)

Welcome aboard Hero Child.

Please read the safety card in your seat pocket before continuing.

Lenora

Quote from: maduncle on June 23, 2010, 12:28:09 PM

cheerio chaps  ;D

Greetings Lenora,

First and foremost - you live in the land of Weta and all good steampunk weaponry that comes from them - I am envious.

firstly.....I'd take Russell Crowe in a heartbeat!! *hubba hubba*

secondly.......Weta is pretty darn cool. Sister made the bigatures for LOTR trilogy, so know the place pretty well.  And yes, they make lovely guns - saw the gun they made for Hellboy, the original prop, in the flesh, so to speak *want one*

thirdly......thanks for the welcome...pretty new to this whole Steampunk ethos, but I'm learning fast.

fourthly......share the pennies with whom? gotta have it to share it, don'tcha? *I'm poor, but that's just my excuse*

anyway.....happy to be here.

Pip, pip.......:)

"an adventure starts with the first footstep upon the road" - anon

DJ_Battousai

Thought I'd pop my head in.
I'm from the western area of Sydney.
So howdy y'all.

ScytheKnight

Quote from: Lenora on July 23, 2010, 09:10:49 AM
Quote from: maduncle on June 23, 2010, 12:28:09 PM

cheerio chaps  ;D

Greetings Lenora,

firstly.....I'd take Russell Crowe in a heartbeat!! *hubba hubba*

secondly.......Weta is pretty darn cool. Sister made the bigatures for LOTR trilogy, so know the place pretty well.  And yes, they make lovely guns - saw the gun they made for Hellboy, the original prop, in the flesh, so to speak *want one*

thirdly......thanks for the welcome...pretty new to this whole Steampunk ethos, but I'm learning fast.

fourthly......share the pennies with whom? gotta have it to share it, don'tcha? *I'm poor, but that's just my excuse*

anyway.....happy to be here.

Pip, pip.......:)

Hmmm... one thing I'm remembering,fairly recently a New Zealand company patented and started making really, REALLY, good dog-leg stilts that are comfortable and easy to use... named after some N-Z insect that I can't remember... I'm sure that there are a few SteamPunks out there who could get some very interesting ideas with those things.....

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.

Laser Rat

Quote from: ScytheKnight on August 08, 2010, 10:08:15 PM
Hmmm... one thing I'm remembering,fairly recently a New Zealand company patented and started making really, REALLY, good dog-leg stilts that are comfortable and easy to use... named after some N-Z insect that I can't remember... I'm sure that there are a few SteamPunks out there who could get some very interesting ideas with those things.....
It sounds like you are thinking of the Weta-legs, made by (surprise surprise) Weta. They are mentioned on Kim Graham's page on the Weta website, but the link they have to the actual legs doesn't work.
Spoiler: ShowHide

And here she is wearing them at the Steampunk fashion show held not long ago in Oamaru, New Zealand.

Elizabeth von Engel - Explorer, Inventor, Lady of Leisure.

maduncle

Quote from: Laser Rat on August 10, 2010, 11:51:08 AM
It sounds like you are thinking of the Weta-legs, made by (surprise surprise) Weta. They are mentioned on Kim Graham's page on the Weta website, but the link they have to the actual legs doesn't work.

And here she is wearing them at the Steampunk fashion show held not long ago in Oamaru, New Zealand.

I would love a pair of those - problem is, I would never ever want to take them off!

ScytheKnight

Quote from: Laser Rat on August 10, 2010, 11:51:08 AM

Ahh yes! Those are indeed what I was thinking of. :D

H.P. Lovecraft

"The Call of Cthulhu."

Cowboy Bebop, The Movie.

Patrick Simmerin

Hello People,

I'm called Patrick Simmerin'.

Pleased to meet you all.

I'm part of a gang of steam romantics based in Oamaru, New Zealand called The League of Victorian Imagineers.

We do Fashion Shows, Balls, Exhibitions and what not.

This is my calling card http://www.steampunknz.co.nz/

Cherrio for now,

Patrick.

Patrick Simmerin

Gosh!

I post hello and I come to see if my post worked and I find the Fashion Show we organised mentioned in the post directly above.

Way to make a chap feel welcome.  :)

Kim Graham was one of the judges for our Fashion Show. She took every oppertunity to fit her legs to anyone who could fit into them. I saw at least 10 people succeed in walking around in them at the party the night before the show. Wild times.

maduncle

Quote from: Patrick Simmerin on August 13, 2010, 05:24:27 AM
Gosh!

I post hello and I come to see if my post worked and I find the Fashion Show we organised mentioned in the post directly above.

Way to make a chap feel welcome.  :)

Kim Graham was one of the judges for our Fashion Show. She took every oppertunity to fit her legs to anyone who could fit into them. I saw at least 10 people succeed in walking around in them at the party the night before the show. Wild times.

Indeed.

Whereas we tend to get legless - you all got legged.

Welcome to the forum dear fellow antipodean steampunker.

Choreocrat

If I get one of the jobs I'm applying for, I could find myself in Dunedin. If I do, you'll surely hear from me.
Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy

helios

If you swing past Wellington, it'd be fairly cool to hang out, or something.

AnonymousBosch

delete

Thomas Shepherd

Greetings from rural Cambodia.

I wasnt sure which region, to join, but I figured this was the closest there was.
I play a character named Thomas Shepherd, which is still in the early stages of development.
I'm originally from the US, but I've been living in Cambodia for some time now, and it will be quite a while yet before I return.

So there's my first post. I'm looking forward to the stories and adventures!
Better a patient man than a warrior; better a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

helios

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.
Personally, I'd have been inclined to think Cambodia was closest to Oceania myself.

Nayce

Hi. Seems to have died in here. I'm a sunny coaster, but I travel regularly to bris and melb.

Long tim fan of steampunk, but too shy to do anything about it. Thought the best option would be to get out on the internet and find a forum. So here I am.
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

maduncle

Welcome Nayce - try to find your way here for New Years Eve (Melbourne that is) there will be a bit of a steampunk 'do' on...

Nayce

dont think I could do that, what with needing money for that kind of thing and all. :]
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!