News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

North American Steampunks

Started by Kitten Brigadier, January 05, 2010, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Blue

Here. New. Not new to Steampunk (just new to knowing what it is called). Currently living in SouthEastern Tennessee.

madjeweler

San Jose, California here!

I'm the quartermaster for the St. Claire Aeronauts. There is quite a lot of steampunk activity in the bay area, so I'm hoping more of us will chime in so we can get better acquainted.

Leonard Lightning

North end of Georgia Kennesaw specifically.

Ian3000

Really i used to live in marietta. :)
"Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us."
-V for Vendetta

cuddlyinfection

I live in a town near Virginia Beach, Virginia. Not many steampunks here. Most are skaters and "scenesters." Don't they know scene's been dead for years? A pity, trying to resurrect something that was never meant to live in the first place.

NevilleYardley

Florida Steampunk here!!! 8)
Quote from: Mr. Moonchylde on February 05, 2010, 08:33:57 PM
Northern Kentucky Steampunk (Alexandria, Ky, specifically), reporting in. And apparently the only one in NKY... I've tried to convert some of the non-believers over to the steamside, but it seems the forces of Ninjas and cyberpunk have taken over my area.  >:(
Umm...what's wrong with Ninjas?
~N. Yardley
"I WANT TO LEARN WHAT MUST BE KNOWN!"
~Schwarzwald

Shelley

The Hubby and I are in San Leandro, CA just south of where the Oakland Raiders play.  And a big hello to all the south bay SP'ers, and the folks from Neverwas Haul.  Hope to meet a lot of you at the Nova Albion Exhibition tomorrow. 

Theosophus Grey

Quote from: cuddlyinfection on March 12, 2010, 02:22:10 AM
I live in a town near Virginia Beach, Virginia. Not many steampunks here. Most are skaters and "scenesters." Don't they know scene's been dead for years? A pity, trying to resurrect something that was never meant to live in the first place.

I have family in Va-Beach, I know what you mean, I think it's because there's nothing there but the naval base.  :(
A gentleman and a scholar, albeit heavily armed.

pewtersmith

Quote from: Shelley on March 12, 2010, 06:32:09 AM
The Hubby and I are in San Leandro, CA just south of where the Oakland Raiders play.  And a big hello to all the south bay SP'ers, and the folks from Neverwas Haul.  Hope to meet a lot of you at the Nova Albion Exhibition tomorrow. 
The Neverwas Haul crew will be in the parking lot demonstrating steam engines  and displaying our goggles , rayguns, steamgovernor helmets . Get your Hibernian Steam Empire Passport and a lovely Digitgraph of yourself in your steamy garb . The Neverwas Haul will be holding a  Evening Soiree at the  The Shipyard   
1010 Murray   
Berkeley, CA
( Less than a mile from the Nova Albion Exhibition )
3/13/10  6:00pm - 9:00pm
Tour the Haul , food and drink available for a modest fee.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=395615813237&ref=mf 

brasshooter

Job can be weird hours and tends to take me out of the country for extended periods of time but when in the USA I am in Oceanside, California.

I am kind of new to steampunk and am looking for kindred spirits in Southern California.

Richenza

Richenza here in Albuquerque,New Mexico.

Benzworth

Middle of Tennessee here.  Bit WEST of Nashville, actually.

*edit:  Had a bit of directional dyslexia there.... Typed east, but meant west, either that or somebody reversed the poles on my compass.

hummel

Present!

Newark, Ohio; just east of Columbus.
It may, indeed, behoove you to know less; but, that is not for me to say.

Brightner

Brooklyn, CT Steampunk reporting! *salute*
Nell Brightner, Holder of The Lamp and Aspiring Tinkerer

deadsweetheart

Just outside of  Baltimore MD  home to Poes body, the original place ouija boards came from, 2 kickass rollerderby leagues , where John Astin (Gomez Addams) was born and lives currently, home to teh B&O railroad museam, where neon signs were invented ( not kidding), and where the star spangled banner was written while the british shelled the crap outta Ft. McHenry.

Dsamuraiz

Razorkiss

Las Vegas, Nevada

but soon to be Wilmington, North Carolina [hopefully] in a few months.
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!

harv

JackGonzo

Houston, TX...which sadly means most everyone else is in San Antonio...Austin...how can the third largest city in the US be so void...

patron_vectras

Quote from: JackGonzo on March 29, 2010, 05:42:35 AM
Houston, TX...which sadly means most everyone else is in San Antonio...Austin...how can the third largest city in the US be so void...

Fourth largest. There's your problem ;]
Keep Running,
Patron Vectras ;]

"Thou shalt not cover thy neighbor's ox, thy neighbor's wife, or thy neighbor's airship" -Cpt. Everett of the Flying Cloud

JackGonzo

patron_vectras

Quote from: JackGonzo on March 29, 2010, 03:34:07 PM
Not after this census  8)
I believe you, let us wait and see. Welcome to the boards ;]
Keep Running,
Patron Vectras ;]

"Thou shalt not cover thy neighbor's ox, thy neighbor's wife, or thy neighbor's airship" -Cpt. Everett of the Flying Cloud

Lady Corsair

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.

MalContent

Quote from: deadsweetheart on March 23, 2010, 02:08:55 AM
Just outside of  Baltimore MD  home to Poes body, the original place ouija boards came from, 2 kickass rollerderby leagues , where John Astin (Gomez Addams) was born and lives currently, home to teh B&O railroad museam, where neon signs were invented ( not kidding), and where the star spangled banner was written while the british shelled the crap outta Ft. McHenry.

Cheers to Baltimore...my old stomping grounds for 18 years.  Too bad I no live in York PA...nothing great but we are the Factory Tour Capital.   :-\
"God Created Alcohol so the Irish wouldn't take over the world"

Zefiro

I too live just outside of Baltimore, MD. This August, however, I'll be moving back to my birthplace, Reno, Nevada. I'm hoping to make it to the Steampunk World's Fair in NJ before I make my departure.