News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

UK Steampunks

Started by Kitten Brigadier, January 05, 2010, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arch Stanton

Another resident of the Reading Hell-Hole; at Cemetery Junction - soon to be better known as the title of a forthcoming Gervais/Merchant film. Actually the Victorian cemetery is a nice (relatively) peaceful spot in the summer.

Before that Kings Heath, Brum - just around the corner from The Red Lion; excellent folk music venue I now really miss.

macloud

Quote from: Rockula on March 25, 2010, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: macloud on March 25, 2010, 12:26:37 AM
greetings from stoke on trent - land of canals,

I'm so sorry. I just woke up and have dirty glasses. I could swear that when I read that it said 'Land of Cannibals'. ;D

;D

The Governess

Quote from: Arch Stanton on March 25, 2010, 01:13:37 PM
Another resident of the Reading Hell-Hole; at Cemetery Junction - soon to be better known as the title of a forthcoming Gervais/Merchant film. Actually the Victorian cemetery is a nice (relatively) peaceful spot in the summer.

Before that Kings Heath, Brum - just around the corner from The Red Lion; excellent folk music venue I now really miss.

I'm not familiar with Cemetary Junction, but know the Kings Heath Red Lion very well...

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk

Outflyer_Calliope

Reporting for deuty... (if i had a captain to report to :-X)

Current location is Surrey, Kingston Upon Thames.

shoot me a message if your any place near, as I would love to meet up with groups or people.
A beautiful piece of nonsense...

Thor

Kingston, used to live there  ;D  Definitely want to move back one day.  I'll be passing through in august/september  :)
So when times are hard and life is rough, you can stick the kettle on and find me a cup...
You can find me at facebook Here

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

Have just moved to Lincoln, the Uphill area, and Steep Hill is killing me so far!
'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'

Space Captain Toby

All present and correct, here in Bedfordshire.

LemmingMan

Good day to you all.

If you wish to you may find me in and around Reading.

Whilst a broader fan of Science and Fiction in their glorious combination I look forward to presenting my infrequent opinions whenever they might be useful in a more rivets and airship concerned direction.

I'm an occasional costumer, fair prop builder and moderate television viewer. I've come to steampunk through the mass media take up. Please don't judge me too early. I am a vast fan of Girl Genius and recall the joy of reading 20,000 Leagues when younger.

After Listening to one of Peter's panels on steampunk a convention ago I asserted that I would look through this forum. And I have. After attending the recent Eastercon substitute, and enjoying the ball so much that I was encouraged to stand at the front of it (for science), I've finally resolved to join the ranks here in and make myself known.

Please allow for my grammar and spelling. I try but enthusiastic speed and accuracy can be troublesome bedfellows.

Lemming Man

Oh my, I do seem to have overdone the introduction. Once again my apologies if the information above is inappropriate.

clockwork creation

Bloody hell..... More from Reading... I remember when i was the only one here, I think its about time a trip to the pub was organised  ;)
I am a freak in control not a control freak

The Curator

Curating collections in the mighty seaport that is Liverpool  ;D

Captain Shipton Bellinger

Quote from: The Curator on April 07, 2010, 11:32:58 AM

Curator of Mesozoic fauna? Now that has to be one of the coolest professions ever.

Welcome to Brass Goggles. Pull up a steam-powered cetiosaur and make yourself comfy.

Capt. Shipton Bellinger R.A.M.E. (rtd)

Tranzient Gallery

Quote from: The Curator on April 07, 2010, 11:32:58 AM
ooo.... I like the sound of that 'lol' 
I Must come back over again soon.... I love that city (and it isn't exactly that far away!)

UnderCaptain Harkin

Undercaptain Harkin Signing in from the crown Protectorate of the Isle of Man *bows*

Brian_r

Quote from: Madame Jules on February 19, 2010, 10:06:05 PM
Reside in Guisborough now but originally from Merseyside - I know which I prefer! Just wondering if there are many Steampunks in the North East?  ???

Nothing wrong with Guisborough :) Although the town centre could do with some tender loving care. Its good for walks and close to Whitby, Saltburn etc.

What dragged you all the way from Merseyside?

theairman

East Sussex, about 30 mins east of Brighton along the coast.
mostserindipitous.tumblr.com

"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection finish him."
John Locke (1632-1704)

bizarre_chicken

Southend-On-Sea, an hour from London on the far end, north side, of the Thames.

Click here for win. ---^

Haizea

Flitting between Sheffield and Leeds. I didn't know there were steampunks in Sheffield!
Sealed with the kiss of swine,
The heavy fort falls to the flame,
Bone-rattled melodies and worm-laden rains.

Mister Griffiths

Quote from: Haizea on May 01, 2010, 07:05:51 PM
Flitting between Sheffield and Leeds. I didn't know there were steampunks in Sheffield!

Another Yorkshire recruit! Whereabouts in Leeds, may I ask?
"Me, lie? Never! The truth is far too much fun...."

"Tea, Science, and a better past"

Haizea

Pretty close to the city centre, actually. Yourself?

Mister Griffiths

Rodley, actually, just a little bit to the west of the centre. It is sunday.....fancy a drink? :D
"Me, lie? Never! The truth is far too much fun...."

"Tea, Science, and a better past"

Haizea

I'm busy all today, but perhaps sometime during the week? We could go for tea somewhere...though I admit, I don't know too many old-fashionedly places in Leeds that do tea. The Angel Inn does, I think.

Tranzient Gallery

Quote from: Mister Griffiths on May 02, 2010, 01:22:54 PM
Rodley, actually, just a little bit to the west of the centre. It is sunday.....fancy a drink? :D
Might have to come and join you for one of those lol
but today being bank holiday monday im day tripping on the worth valley railway as its the railway children weekend there I went down yesterday but it took ages to get to oakworth.... Some girls were standing on the line waving red petticoats!!! lol   

Ulfilias

You quite often find a few steampunks @ the wendyhouse in Leeds....myself included. 3rd sat of the month. they even had a steamy theme a few months back  ;D
"My clothes will impress you, and my claws will undress you" - The Damned

Sebastian Greyfield

Good morning, my dear fellows.  Derbyshire gentleman here, though more man than genteel I must confess.

I noticed the good Tinker mention that there are a number of steamers in the Derbyshire/Nottingham area (I specifically noticed him mention Chesterfield, hint hint) and was wondering if anyone in the area had a notion for a social get-together.  Nothing major required, simply like mindeds getting together for drinks and fun for a few hours.

Any takers?

TimeTinker

Pop a seperate thread up about a Chesterfield gathering.  There are a number of us in easy reach.
[move]BE SPLENDID![/move]