News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

UK Steampunks

Started by Kitten Brigadier, January 05, 2010, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cath Hulu

Checking in from the South Wales Valleys :)
Those who wander aren't always lost

mattsylvester

http://www.facebook.com/groups/efssb/ - Just started this group! Please join us, add me as a friend too :)

Quote from: Theyda on May 27, 2012, 05:44:33 PM
I'm in Exeter, Devon. Wish I was a little further north though, seems to be where most things happen

CraigHallam

Hi everyone,

We're quite spread out aren't we? I'm from Doncaster, up north. I think my nearest Steam-fellows are in Lincoln. I'm such a lonely little Steampunk  :P

The Governess

Quote from: CraigHallam on September 19, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
Hi everyone,

We're quite spread out aren't we? I'm from Doncaster, up north. I think my nearest Steam-fellows are in Lincoln. I'm such a lonely little Steampunk  :P

There's a fair bit slightly more oop north, sir. Last weekend there was a boat trip up the river Don... Leeds steampunk market is coming up soon... There's an Xmas party in Wakefield coming up, hosted by BB blackdog (at which my band Crimson Clocks are playing)...
Hopefully you'll be able to find more closer to you.

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk

Moriarty

Moriarty here walled up on the fortress isle of Portland.

Unsubtle Pete

Hi everyone,

There's plenty of steampunks (and steamdrunks) in Yorkshire, including there's some who have the misfortune to be from Doncaster.
With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog

CraigHallam

Quote from: The Governess on September 19, 2012, 06:42:47 PM
There's a fair bit slightly more oop north, sir. Last weekend there was a boat trip up the river Don... Leeds steampunk market is coming up soon... There's an Xmas party in Wakefield coming up, hosted by BB blackdog (at which my band Crimson Clocks are playing)...
Hopefully you'll be able to find more closer to you.

Quote from: Unsubtle Pete on September 19, 2012, 11:34:27 PM
There's plenty of steampunks (and steamdrunks) in Yorkshire, including there's some who have the misfortune to be from Doncaster.

Thanks for the heads up, you two. I'll get my researching hat on. Such a shame I missed that boat trip, it sounds brilliant.

Hobart L. Whitlock

I am here....in Stoke on trent... any one else in the area or am i alone?
Come and share a pot of tea,
my home is warm and my frienships free.
--Emilie Barnes--

Jessibelle

I'm up here in Grimsby, I'll be moving to Wigan with my fiance at some point in the near future :-)

simmo

Hey Im in Chesterfield here looking to meet local/fellow steamers, anyone going to Matlock illuminations and steampunk market this weekend?

SteamBlast Mary

Quote from: Hobart L. Whitlock on October 05, 2012, 11:58:28 AM

There is a small but select group of Brass Goggles in the vicinity, and what sounds like one or two exciting projects based at the potteries, where "Blood and Bone China" was filmed.

Quote from: simmo on October 07, 2012, 12:44:11 PM
Hey Im in Chesterfield here looking to meet local/fellow steamers, anyone going to Matlock illuminations and steampunk market this weekend?

Not sure if you've found it, but there's a FB page for it~ you could have a browse through the guests and see if there's anyone you recognise? (Or is it just nosy people like me that do that?)
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Hobart L. Whitlock

hi mary
thanks for that, it would be nice now to try and get in touch with them..
Come and share a pot of tea,
my home is warm and my frienships free.
--Emilie Barnes--

Prof.Rasbridge

Quote from: Hobart L. Whitlock on October 05, 2012, 11:58:28 AM

Do not fret, I am also from sunny Stoke. But I am mainly around the Leek area.

madron

Hi everyone,

i am also from doncaster you going to whitby

DreamHazard

For the Doncaster/Chesterfield guys, there's a Sheffield group that might interest you, you can find it here: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37826.0.html or on facebook, the link's on that thread.

LadyAnarchy

Hi Folks,pretty new to the Steampunk world.Always loved the look but didn't realise it had a name/more people were interested in it.
Anyways currently live in Preston with the cogling.

HarrietP

Hi! Names Harriet, from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, would be great to meet with some people rom round there :)

Unsubtle Pete

Alright you 'orrible lot, all aboard  ;)
With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

The Artificer

Room for a skinny one?

A Yorkshire lad, now living just outside Cambridge. Seems odd there's no meet ups around here, I count five posts from Cambridge and another four within the county....
"He wondered if it was safe to grin. Very slowly and carefully he grinned. It was safe."

LadyEmbura

I'm here in Barnsley :3
Lady Embura at your service! Aprentice engineer and Master monster hunter! I'm a member in the First Tea Company and Major Jack Union's Monster Hunting Fleet!

Unsubtle Pete

Greetings. Welcome aboard  ;)

Professor Elliott

Here! East coast of Suffolk.

Mister Griffiths

Evening chaps and chapesses!

Its been a little while since my last post (again...), but the reason is that I have moved! No longer do I reside in Leeds, but have flown southwards to sunnier climes in, well, Sheffield...

This relocation means a proper house, with a garden, and more importantly, a workshop! Stay tuned for further developments...

Regards,
Mister Griffiths
"Me, lie? Never! The truth is far too much fun...."

"Tea, Science, and a better past"

walking stick

Hello from Harrow Middx
(the lady with the unusual) Walking Stick

Decent ship Sargent

Hi all decent ship Sargent Macdoom flying the flag in homely Hampshire! 
"Still swinging both ways Rochester?"
"Jamie, I swing every way!!!!"