News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

UK Steampunks

Started by Kitten Brigadier, January 05, 2010, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer

Quote from: Decent ship Sargent on January 17, 2013, 07:21:43 AM
Hi all decent ship Sargent Macdoom flying the flag in homely Hampshire! 

Where about in Hampshire?

Never mind the Cogs

Residing in the Bandit country on the edges of both Birmingham and Worcestershire, aka, Kings Norton.
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!

Kaydance Heggarty

Greetings from The New Forest borders.    :o

Of tea:  So refined a stimulant will always be the favourite of the intellectual..... (Thomas De Quincy)

Decent ship Sargent

Quote from: Engineer on January 17, 2013, 08:29:30 PM

I'm near Stockbridge!
"Still swinging both ways Rochester?"
"Jamie, I swing every way!!!!"

Kaydance Heggarty

I worked in Stockbridge for a few months (just once a week) - I wonder if we know any of the same people?
Of tea:  So refined a stimulant will always be the favourite of the intellectual..... (Thomas De Quincy)

SteamBlast Mary

Quote from: Never mind the Cogs on January 31, 2013, 09:07:06 PM
Residing in the Bandit country on the edges of both Birmingham and Worcestershire, aka, Kings Norton.

Pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm waving at you from Worcester. There's plenty of us this way, around Birmingham and the West Midlands. Perhaps you could join us for a jaunt on a heritage railway on the 17th?

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,38995.0.html
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

Engineer

Quote from: Kaydance Heggarty on February 02, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Greetings from The New Forest borders.    :o

Greetings and salutations from the South Coast.

If you frequent facebook please do look up The League of Bournemouth Steampunks. We're a friendly and active group with members along the Dorset and Hampshire coast, including in the New Forest.

Decent ship Sargent

Quote from: Kaydance Heggarty on February 04, 2013, 09:48:37 PM

I worked in Stockbridge for a few months (just once a week) - I wonder if we know any of the same people?
I work at Middle Wallop and live in Over Wallop so don't know anyone in Stockbridge itself.
(those are real place names, there's also a Nether Wallop!)
"Still swinging both ways Rochester?"
"Jamie, I swing every way!!!!"

Kaydance Heggarty

Many Thanks Engineer,

As I haven't managed to locate any steampunks in my general locale it would be fabulous to join the Bournemouth crowd on future shindigs (although Worcester may be a bit short notice  :-\  ) 

Kindest regards
Miss Kaydance.

Engineer

Miss Keydance

Some of us will be helping out with the steampunk exhibit at the SF Ball convention in Bournemouth this weekend (details on the League of Bournemouth steampunks' facebook page).

Planned meets in the future include a trip to the Twyford Waterworks for their open day in May (a lovely site near Winchester) and you can rest assured that we are planning lots of other meets (either social in the Bournemouth area or expeditions further afield) in the coming months, so keep an eye on our facebook page.

Captain Marcus Stahlsturm

I'm halfway through my first year at Leeds uni and there doesn't appear to be many steampunks round here. I cant say I even noticed a steampunk society run by the union :( any Leeds steamers out there?
"zombies Cap'n, thousands of 'em!"
"How many thousands, matey?"

SPJade

Quote from: Captain Marcus Stahlsturm on February 14, 2013, 01:14:50 AM
I'm halfway through my first year at Leeds uni and there doesn't appear to be many steampunks round here. I cant say I even noticed a steampunk society run by the union :( any Leeds steamers out there?

There was a Steampunk market in Leeds not too long back so I'm assuming there is some presence there. Look here also..https://www.facebook.com/groups/yorkshiresteampunkcoalition/

Eternal optimist, forever the dreamer and the full time geek.

TimeTinker

The next Leeds Steampunk Market is just a couple of weeks away.

http://www.leedssteampunkmarket.co.uk/

If you get yourself to this then you will be able to meet lots of local (and not so local) steampunks.
[move]BE SPLENDID![/move]

CaptQasiel

Born in Greenwich, and still haven't left London's South-East.

CraigHallam

Fellow Brits!

How's everyone doing? I'm just dropping in to let you know about a new Steampunk convention starting this year in Doncaster. It'll be on June 15th and 16th, and it's already shaping up to a spectacular town-wide celebration. Check out the website over here: www.steampunkdoncaster.org.

I've been dubbed "Man of Words" for the event, which means I'm organising the Litarium, a celebrationg of Steampunk both written and spoken. So, if you have any ideas or want to get involved, feel free to email me at craighallam@live.com.

I hope to see you there!  ;D

Craig

Madtaff

Here,

Originally south Wales (near Cardiff) but move around a fair bit these days.  :)

Punkollaborator

Here in Glorious Warwickshire, the little lady & I

Gingerwerewolf

Me and mine are from Leicester - would love to meet some midlands types!
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe
Homines quod volunt credunt

Engineer

Quote from: Decent ship Sargent on February 04, 2013, 07:31:46 AM
Quote from: Engineer on January 17, 2013, 08:29:30 PM

I'm near Stockbridge!

If you use facebook please feel free to join the League of Bournemouth Steampunks. We have members in both Hampshire and Wiltshire, as well as in our main catchment area in South Dorset.  Our expeditions frequently take us into Hampshire too.

Boffins Bunker

(Penzance, Helston, Hayle, Camborne, St. Ives area-ish)
Rural village location.

Mad Scientist (Well moderately bonkers & medication helps)

Type: Secret Experimental Laboratory (i.e. I don't get out much)

Access to files: STEAMPUNK CORNWALL

http://steampunkincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/

Kind regards
Boffins Bunker Laboratory in Cornwall, UK

SteamBlast Mary

Quote from: Punkollaborator on March 25, 2013, 10:39:38 PM
Here in Glorious Warwickshire, the little lady & I

Splendid, perhaps you'll be able to join us for a visit to Stratford-Upon-Avnn for a visit to the costume exhibition at the RSC and the Museum of Mechanical Art and Design?

We're just settling on a date, please keep your eyes peeled in the "Geographic" forum for the thread and information.
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night'

LadyAdventurer

Back! Still in Oxford, but trying my hardest to get out ;D

Abigail

Prof Samuel.H.F.Foreman

I'm here in (not that great) Grimsby :)
professor Farnsworth:
"Good news everyone, I've just invented a machine that makes you read this in my voice!"

Royston Vasey

CaptQasiel - we have an active group in Kent if you fancy joining us for any events. You can look us up on facebook at Great Kentspectations or we have a website at www.greatkentspectations.co.uk (though I've been a bit slack in keeping it updated).

Sludge Van Diesel

Greetings and salutations from the London Borough of Barnet Hertfordshire
Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj