News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Snowdon Day Trip

Started by Gin-Soaked, January 14, 2010, 10:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Ichabod Dachary

Quote from: SteamBlast Mary on June 03, 2010, 06:33:25 PM
Er... Malvern Hills next, perhaps?? As training for your next "proper" ascents, of course.

As a porker, a local and a penniless vagabond, I would wholeheartedly second this initiative.

James Harrison

A Malvern hike I could do, as it's not too difficult for me to get to.  When could we go?  My weekends (this coming weekend and the following one excepted) are at present pretty free.
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

James Harrison

So, ten years on.... the Brassgoggles Mountain Emasculation League is back. 

Let's climb that same mountain again, we decided.  We would have liked to have gone in late May and make it ten years to the day, but due to random haggard circumstance it slipped first to early June and then to early July. 

The week around the 1st of July has been provisionally pencilled for the attempt.  Does anybody want to join us?
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.