News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

United Kingdom Register of Interests

Started by Doctor When, June 25, 2007, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor When

Quote from: Alderman Simeon on June 28, 2007, 11:01:25 AMIf you will permit me, I would suggest that Blist's Hill is the obvious place; not that far from Brum.

Yes, I haven't been there for a while. As lovely as Blists Hill is, however, there may not necessarily be enough to hold our interest for an entire day. Perhaps we could combine it with a locomotive journey to the Black Country Museum as well? Or perhpaps one of the other attractions within the Ironbridge Gorge?

All I need to do now is find a spare weekend when I'm not actually time-travelling myself already...
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!

Andy_W

QuoteI don't actually know what a Parmo is,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo This is a Parmo! Lovely  :-[

JoshuaMarsh

Cardiff here, with timelords aplenty.
Regards,

Joshua Marsh

Alderman Simeon

Quote from: Dohickey on June 28, 2007, 05:06:43 PM

QuoteI don't actually know what a Parmo is,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo This is a Parmo! Lovely  :-[

Oh
My
God

Trust me when I say that I will never, under any circumstances, up to and including imminent death from starvation, eat one of those.

Between the centre of town and my house - a distance of less than a mile up the main road - there are fifteen food outlets. I take it as a matter of pride that I have not set foot in any of them.
Contents under pressure.
Leyden jars not included.
May contain nuts and bolts.

The Professor

I will probably offend a great many people but I just had a look at that link and it looks like somebody has already eaten it.
Life is usually a self made maze, whose walls are fear and prejudice.

Ashflex

Quote from: Doctor When on June 28, 2007, 10:26:10 AM
Quote from: Ashflex on June 28, 2007, 12:55:31 AM
I recently moved to Warrington, in the North West.  Hoping to visit the local museum soon as it appears to have a fair bit of victorian displays.

As soon as I have more money coming in I'd be happy to travel if a meet up was planned somewhere.

Additionaly, I reccommend MAGNA in Rotherham, which has some of the most amazing gas-discharge devices, Jacob's ladders and three-storey high arc furnaces you could ever wish for. Outside of the main exhibits everything is rivetted iron, cavernous spaces, and rusty metal lit by moody science fiction lighting. It's so Steampunk, it makes me cry.

I will certainly be visiting Magna, thank you for pointing that out.  Apparently it is closed at the moment due to the floods unfortunately.

Doctor When

Quote from: JoshuaMarsh on June 28, 2007, 05:54:51 PMCardiff here, with timelords aplenty.

Naturally! Where else is one to park one's TARDIS for re-charging?

The Professor

Well you could always try Stonehenge or Glastonbury Tor, I always thought the tower on it looked like some Gothic Tardis.
Life is usually a self made maze, whose walls are fear and prejudice.

Rosel

Well in Term time I'd mto be found in the hallowed halls (tcha) of Nottingham University, holidays i am taking in the Ozone in Plymouth.

www.armchairzoologist.blogspot.com

www.briarrosestitches.blogspot.com

http://community.livejournal.com/steampunklolita/profile

JoshuaMarsh

Quote from: Doctor When on June 29, 2007, 10:05:44 AM
Naturally! Where else is one to park one's TARDIS for re-charging?

A fair point, but it is starting to get a little crowded.
Regards,

Joshua Marsh

Doctor When

Quote from: Rosel on June 30, 2007, 08:44:29 PMNottingham

Ah, the fun I've had doing shows at Nottingham Castle over the years... I have added your location to the map.

Caffeinated Gent

Glasgow here, second city of the empire!

Herr Döktor

I'm in a small village, atop a plateau just where the Surrey hills begin their descent towards the Thames- just outside Woking, home (for a while, at least) of H.G. Wells and G.B. Shaw, birthplace of P. Weller and H. Hill; as well as the site of the bridgehead of the Martian invasion.

I'm not allowed near sharp items these days, so if someone would kindly oblige with a pin? Thankyou.

Sebastian Gaunt

Currently resident in Leicester, occaisional visitor to both Birmingham and Nottingham. Would someone please stick a pin in the place for me? Thank you. We do have a marvelous pumping station here, driven by steam of course, right next door to the Space Centre where I occaisionally encounter Daleks, but no TimeLords yet I am afraid. They are all in Cardiff it would seem. If you have even seen a picture of the Space Centre I challenge you to say it was not styled and built by the Cybermen! [may include a link when I remember html !!!]
"The fastest way to travel is by Gaslight"

Doctor When

Drake White

Southend-on-Sea here, the Victorian Costa-del-sol.
Home of magic healing mud and the worlds longest "pleasure" pier.

Doctor When

I'm going to need some smaller pins, soon!

Alderman Simeon

Quote from: Drake White on July 12, 2007, 06:48:54 PM
Southend-on-Sea here, the Victorian Costa-del-sol.
Home of magic healing mud and the worlds longest "pleasure" pier.

I have a friend in Ashingdon; say 'Hi' if you're passing.
Contents under pressure.

Jonathan Nightingale Lait

Well, it depends which time stream i'm in but mostly, I can be found in Northampton.

She said "I know you and you cannot sing"
I said "Thats nothing, you should hear me play piano"

Doctor When

Ahh, Nampton... I was at the Roadmender's but a couple of months ago, getting drunk and being silly in a bowler hat.

Mappa Updatio.

Alderman Simeon

Quote from: Jonathan Nightingale Lait on July 18, 2007, 12:30:08 PM
Well, it depends which time stream i'm in but mostly, I can be found in Northampton.

Weird! My friend in Ashingdon used to live in Northampton.
Contents under pressure.

Outa_Spaceman

Stick a pin in Bognor Regis home of the bathing engine and The Bognor Birdman.

I'd like a trip to Iron Bridge at some point in my life...
Or maybe a pleasant afternoon at Hollycombe Steam Fair?

okoshima

I live in a small village near Scunthorpe, (peg me as Scunthorpe? home of a steel works and a few other little buildings soon to be forgotten) that's in Lincolnshire by the way...

I feel lonely over here :(

Tinkergirl

I think someone may have gotten a bit of Harry Potter on the brain, with incantations like that!

okoshima

Ok I'm not sure if your talking to me or spaceman but.. (I shall be the new forum idiot for this I bet) What does one mean by that? (the incantation not the harry potter bit)

*hides*