News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

United Kingdom Register of Interests

Started by Doctor When, June 25, 2007, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkergirl

Well I took 'Mappio Updatio' to mean that the good Doctor was going to update the map on the first page of this thread with a new pin location.  Thus, it was a Harry Potter-esque incantation - a barely hidden, latinish sounding 'spell' like expelleramius (to expel).  Worry not :)

okoshima

whoops, I must have missed that one thank you for clarifying though

Aurelia Batchelor

A Fulhamite here - SW London!  A place that is very easy to travel from, it's all anyone says about it.

Professor Lidenbrock

I live in North Tyneside because...well,somebody has to.
"Through the ruins of a city stalked the ruin of a man."

Alderman Simeon

Quote from: Profesor Lidenbrock on July 29, 2007, 03:29:11 PM
I live in North Tyneside because...well,somebody has to.

I'm around 50 miles south of you, sir.
Contents under pressure.
Leyden jars not included.
May contain nuts and bolts.

TheRedMax

I sir, live in Ash Brake, near Blunsdon. In the vicinity of the home of Steam itself, Swindon!

This gives me an idea...!
"The trouble with these international affairs is they attract foreigners." (Member #77 and fiercely proud of it!)

imperialgirl

I, perhaps regrettably, hail from the least historic place imaginable: Milton Keynes. I do believe that the precise place from which I am writing was an empty field as little as ten years ago. :-\

Doctor When

Pinnery performed. Refresh your Babbages!
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!

D. Wm. Palmer Esq.

May I add my little Arrow labeled "You Are Here" to the City of London please?
I am vey lucky and live and work within zone one of the combined Metropolitan Railway network.

Pheobsky

Quote from: Aurelia Batchelor on July 29, 2007, 02:49:58 PM
A Fulhamite here - SW London!  A place that is very easy to travel from, it's all anyone says about it.
Quote from: D. Wm. Palmer Esq. on August 04, 2007, 11:57:04 PM
May I add my little Arrow labeled "You Are Here" to the City of London please?
I am vey lucky and live and work within zone one of the combined Metropolitan Railway network.

Hurrah- more Londoners!

-It suddenly occurs to me that London will end up like a porcupine, if more pins have to keep being added- what about using a big pin with the no. of people painted onto its head.
Them/they

Prof. Brockworth

I have a secret underground lair just outside Exeter, down in Devon...
Recovering from pennyfarthing bruises...

DreddPirateBob

Good day dear ladies, and wise and learned gentlemen, though new to this forum i feel i should point out that my location is the noble and historical town of Lancaster, though i hail from the high hills of the Lake District originally.

I must also take a moment to impress upon you all my appreciation upon finding such sensible sould amoungst the hurlyburly of this information conflagration called, i believe, the internet. Hail and well met!

Doctor When

Cartographic manipulation achieved

DreddPirateBob

Doctor When

Quote from: andygates on August 05, 2007, 11:18:24 PMI have a secret underground lair just outside Exeter, down in Devon...

Will Sir be attending the Great Dorset Steam Fair, given your relative propinquity?

Maximum Humphries

Anybody out there from Brunel's home town?
"Ever forward, my darling wind..."

SimianSapiens

I have spent the last seventeen years exploring deepest darkest Lincolnshire...I can now confirm that inbreeding is not common, but I'm afraid that civilisation may never be brought to the place in the forseeable future...
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

http://www.oldrectoryland.com
http://www.samizdat.li

Prof. Brockworth

Quote from: Doctor When on August 09, 2007, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: andygates on August 05, 2007, 11:18:24 PMI have a secret underground lair just outside Exeter, down in Devon...

Will Sir be attending the Great Dorset Steam Fair, given your relative propinquity?

I have been giving it some thought!  I am thick in training for a triathlon in Wales, but the promise of lots of very large clanking machines might tempt me out for a day. 
Recovering from pennyfarthing bruises...

Mr. Ethan Grammatikidis

Ah! Somehow this thread escaped the purview of my æetheroscope, I only discovered it's existence while browsing the Swedish register thread for the lack of something better to do.

Put a pin in Worthing for me, please.
Ardent about analytical engineering.

Storminformin

Ah I have been passively looking for this thread. Would someone mind placing a pin at Birmingham for me please.
I say old bean! I must express my astonishment of you claim! Is this a fact, or a clever ruse?

Hello Paddy. I know your here somewhere :)

Herr_Dokter

My lab is across the Irish Sea.  I could concievably make it to a meet in London at some point.

-Herr Dokter, esq.

Doctor When

'Tis amended...

Quote from: Herr_Dokter on September 23, 2007, 12:31:48 PMMy lab is across the Irish Sea.  I could concievably make it to a meet in London at some point.

Indeed, but where? Ireland? The American Colonies? The Isle of Man? Exact Latitude & Longitude is unneccessary, but a few more clues are most welcome!

BridgeBuilder

I reside in the town of Darlington, from whence the first passenger railway traveled to the nearby town of Stockton.

Smaggers

I reside in the Roman town of Bicester, a mere stones throw from the dreaming spires of Oxford.
"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk