News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

United Kingdom Register of Interests

Started by Doctor When, June 25, 2007, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

My place of residence exists between two planes of existence.

With its many, pointless connections to the world of fish, I come from Grimsby.  8)
"With a rifle, you can kill one man; but with a machine gun, you can make a whole army keep its head down." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote from: Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth on April 13, 2008, 09:04:17 PM
Buns are obviously not designed for their aerodynamic properties.

Bracer

I live in chester which, though very historical, is not Victorian era.  :(  Though I would wish to meet up with some of you other SteamPunks.
Keep it unreal.

Honeythorn

I'm located in Stourbridge West Midlands. The area used to make glass and chains during the victorian age. Stuart Crystal, Thomas Webb and Royal Brierley were all famous companies. Also the Severn Valley Railway isn't too far away either.
<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·

Puppet Master

I come the little village of pulborough in the county of west sussex.

Outa_Spaceman

Quote from: Puppet Master on October 08, 2007, 02:29:46 PM
I have wandered round your village many, many times on behalf of Help the Aged... do you live in the "underwater" bit?

Puppet Master

Quote from: Outa_Spaceman on October 08, 2007, 02:36:01 PM
Quote from: Puppet Master on October 08, 2007, 02:29:46 PM
I have wandered round your village many, many times on behalf of Help the Aged... do you live in the "underwater" bit?

I come from the little lane known as coombelands, which is down from st marys church. It's near the retirement home.

Lopt

I live in a state of flux between Scotter(Another small village near Scunthorpe, or maybe the same) and Lincoln, the wank great city.

Angel

Not that far from me then  ;)

I like Lincoln, the shopping there's pretty good.
"With a rifle, you can kill one man; but with a machine gun, you can make a whole army keep its head down." - Jeremy Clarkson

Contessa de Vestibule

I reside in the infamous East End of London, Bethnal Green to be precise, a short jaunt from the haunts of the Ripper. We also have a steam fair in Victoria Park once or twice a year-the Merry-Go-Round is highly recommended.

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Contessa de Vestibule on October 10, 2007, 08:45:15 PM
I reside in the infamous East End of London, Bethnal Green to be precise, a short jaunt from the haunts of the Ripper. We also have a steam fair in Victoria Park once or twice a year-the Merry-Go-Round is highly recommended.

Nice part of the world, lots of Victorian buildings about!

Lopt

Quote from: xAngelx on October 10, 2007, 05:15:04 PM

I plan to rape the shops with the abundance of old radios and what not that's halfway up the hill.

Doctor When

The Updatotron has been activated and the map on page 1 pinned.
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!

Angel

Quote from: Lopt on October 10, 2007, 11:08:00 PM
Quote from: xAngelx on October 10, 2007, 05:15:04 PM

I plan to rape the shops with the abundance of old radios and what not that's halfway up the hill.

Yeah I've seen that shop, it always intrigued me but I've never been in.

Can one enter said shop?

Lopt

I too am yet still to enter, only one of the three shop fronts has an entrance.

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

I, Sir, am in St. Helens. A stone's drop from the railway used in the Rainhill Trials, why, just a few hundred years ago, i could have walked down the street to the bridge, and watched the magnificent engines moving by at blistering speeds!
(alright, maybe not quite a stone's drop. almost, though)

Miss Groves

I currently float between realms on the border of England and Wales.
A mere short flight from Bristol, Gloucester, Newport and Cardiff :)
Happy Solar Circumnavigation Day!
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest of forms." - Sherlock Holmes
Let's eat Grandpa. Let's eat, Grandpa. Punctuation can save someone's life.
£5 out of £295 for a metal clay kiln : ( 

Leo

While I exist primarily in the æthernet, my corporeal self is housebound in Plymouth.

Kew

I can be found lurking near Oxford myself. If people are up for it and local enough, I say we do something for the time traveller day (look at the thread elsewhere in this very forum for more information).

suetekh

I'm in the western wilds of Cornwall, near Bodmin.  Cornwall can of course claim to be the birthplace of steam locomotion thanks to Trevithick and Gurney's Steam Carriage...

Captain_Sadeian

The Captain is currently spending much of his time in Southampton, Hampshire.
Join the coalitions fight against enemies from the Aether!
A free online steampunk adventure!
www.sadeian.org

mocata

Manor House, North London.

Within striking distance of this:

Spoiler: ShowHide

It was a water pumping station. Now a climbing centre.
The Men THAT Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing: www.myspace.com/blamedfornothing
My stand-up: www.andrewoneill.co.uk

von Brasswood

Quote from: mocata on November 17, 2007, 08:04:29 AM
Spoiler: ShowHide

It was a water pumping station. Now a climbing centre.

Off-topic, but wow, I want to climb there. Anyone picked up the game Assassins Creed yet? :P
"Steam punk is like a top hat: You can watch it from different angles and enjoy different things about it, and there are no single hat that fits everyones head."
- vonB

Brass Monkey

While born and raised in the wilds of Suffolk, not far from Bury St Edmunds, I now currently rest my head in Southampton, in fair Hampshire.

Dr cornelius quack

Hello world.
I'm an Oldham lad, born and bred. We used to make the finest textile machinery ever seen. Now we are "The home of the tubular bandage". What a proud boast! (sigh!!!!!!)
Such are the feeble bases on which many a public character rests.

Today, I am two, separate Gorillas.

Herr Döktor

Quote from: Dr cornelius quack on February 03, 2008, 11:34:47 AM
Hello world.
I'm an Oldham lad, born and bred. We used to make the finest textile machinery ever seen. Now we are "The home of the tubular bandage". What a proud boast! (sigh!!!!!!)

I'm near Staines- the Roman ad Pontes (Latin: 'at the bridge') home of the largest mechanised Linoleum factory of it's time.

It's now an open plan shopping centre with a large car park, and a statue commemorating the Lino factory.

Ain't progress grand?