News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The Steampunk Mercenary Guild

Started by Sebastian Greyfield, May 14, 2010, 07:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarCenturion

Good Day, Gentlemen and Lady.

As I take stock of my own occupation (I am paid by various agencies, both private and Federal, to provide protection) I do believe I qualify for this Guild.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Little_Red

Quote from: Sebastian Greyfield on August 11, 2010, 10:19:09 PM
I would like to mention however that I know where both of my kidneys are and WILL be using them.

Righty-ho, sir!  Nothing to fear from me.  I'm well shot of that game.

The real money's in hearts, anyhow.

Sebastian Greyfield

Quote from: Little_Red on August 12, 2010, 11:40:27 AM
Quote from: Sebastian Greyfield on August 11, 2010, 10:19:09 PM
I would like to mention however that I know where both of my kidneys are and WILL be using them.

Righty-ho, sir!  Nothing to fear from me.  I'm well shot of that game.

. . . Nope, not using that.

Quote from: SolarCenturion on August 11, 2010, 10:29:15 PM
Good Day, Gentlemen and Lady.

As I take stock of my own occupation (I am paid by various agencies, both private and Federal, to provide protection) I do believe I qualify for this Guild.

Quite so, welcome my good mercenary.

The Sammy

Finally! I knew there was a reason I had been saving the blasted things! Thanks for the heads up!

Little_Red

Quote from: Augustus Longeye on August 12, 2010, 08:10:01 PM
Finally! I knew there was a reason I had been saving the blasted things! Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome.  I find vinegar works well as a storage agent ;D

The Sammy

Really? I find leaving them where they were works just as well ;)

Little_Red

:D

I like your style, Mr Longeye.  Well, whatever floats your airship; live and let live, and all that.  Except, we're mercenaries, so I suppose we don't.

The Sammy

Judicator

Do assassin-mercenaries count here?

If so, I offer my humble services....

Little_Red

Judicator

Sebastian Greyfield

Killing is optional, although I must admit that to me it seems like the option between a junker and a 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom series II . . . sure you CAN drive the junker, but why?

Still, assassins fit the category.  You 'handle situations' for money.  Welcome aboard!

Judicator

Sweet...

Actually, I had as dream last night where I was playing a video game where the main character was an assassin.
I tired assassinating a prince multiple times by slitting his wrists whilst he slept...I failed this task so I went straight to slitting his throat.

Odd dream isnt it?

Sebastian Greyfield

but it does make a good point - sometimes the traditional approach is the best

The Sammy

I had a similar experience... but I was playing assassin's creed so it was probably appropreate... :P

Little_Red

I have to confess, the only gun-oriented dream I had recently was one in which I was rescuing someone, as opposed to trying to kill them.  He was a prince/the president's son, I can't quite remember which.  I don't even think I was getting paid  :-\

Judicator

No pay?! This goes against the laws of the mercenary.

I once infiltrated yakuza and did a couple assassination jobs for them, posing as a yakuza assassin sent from the homeland.
This was especially impressive because im African American.

Sebastian Greyfield

I once did something similar.  While it was not impressive in regards to my pretense, I was getting paid twice for the same jobs

The Corsair

I'll put myself forward for an audition
I'm all for concealed weapons
Close range, I know, but when you look nothing short of a gentleman people don't actually run away from you even though you intend on sinking some lead into their skulls
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

By concealed weapons then, I presume you mean a firearm of some kind? Where do you keep it/them?

Judicator

Quote from: Augustus Longeye on August 24, 2010, 05:52:35 PM
By concealed weapons then, I presume you mean a firearm of some kind? Where do you keep it/them?
Dont ask that, you may not like the answer  ;)

Thistle

A good concealed weapon is a very traditional Scots one. :)
The sgian dubh, black knife, was traditionally kept concealed under the oxter (armpit) so that when one had to hand over the other weapons at the door of a host, that remained unnoticed. :)
(am I allowed to post in this thread? Apologies if not  :-[ )

The Sammy

Very true, and quite useful as well!
And of course you are; welcome!

Little_Red

Quote from: Judicator on August 24, 2010, 12:17:52 AM
No pay?! This goes against the laws of the mercenary.

I know, although, he was good-looking, and I'd take marriage to a prince as payment... ;D

Quote from: Judicator on August 24, 2010, 12:17:52 AM
I once infiltrated yakuza and did a couple assassination jobs for them, posing as a yakuza assassin sent from the homeland.
This was especially impressive because im African American.

Very impressive indeed.  I can only presume that the yakuza thought that sending an African American to pose as a Japanese assassin was so far out of left-field that no one would seriously attempt it...

Quote from: Thistle on August 24, 2010, 07:19:46 PM
A good concealed weapon is a very traditional Scots one. :)
The sgian dubh, black knife, was traditionally kept concealed under the oxter (armpit) so that when one had to hand over the other weapons at the door of a host, that remained unnoticed. :)
(am I allowed to post in this thread? Apologies if not  :-[ )

Of course you are - anyone with the knowledge of such a fabulous sounding weapon as the sgian dubh (incidentally, do you know how that's pronounced?) is welcome!  And if you're not a mercenary yourself, I'm sure we could do with an armourer   ;)

The Corsair

On the wrist
It's simple. You punch the skull, squeeze a trigger with your fingers and 4 small pellets go flying into someones brain matter
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/