News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself (mk. II)

Started by proteus, May 28, 2010, 02:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poisonpearl

Quote from: jonb on October 29, 2014, 02:55:39 AM
That is a lovely introduction.
May I request the next dance.

It would be my pleasure, but first let me get you a drink...

What's your poison?
It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.

jonb

I remember Mrs Adelaide Bartlett served a rather good 'Death in the Afternoon'.

swarf

Hi my name is Glen,
I am a Boilermaker and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I make artistic products out of metal, a lot of people like my work, one person once said your work is very STEAMPUNK, I said what the hell is Steampunk? I have since discovered Steampunk and I now agree that my work www.freestylemetalart.com
does have a Steampunk theme.

I'll post some photos once I work out how to drive Brass Goggles.

Cheers
Glen

SeVeNeVeS

.Welcome to the forum.

Pnakotus

Quote from: Pnakotus on March 19, 2010, 04:10:34 PM
Alas, sadly, it is time for me to say my farewells too. I'm loosing my job on the 31st, moving out of my apartment in April, spending late-April through July being homeless and hitchhiking around, and what happens after July I have no idea. Today I'm having my phone and internet shut off at my place.

It's been great getting to know y'all! Someday when I have internet access again I'll fill you in on my adventures :) To quote The Doctor ...

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back.
Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

Hey, I'm finally back! My adventures were more like misadventures and I ended up living a lot longer at places that I would rather not have lived, but I'm back home in Denver and in a much better space now. :) How's things been around here?
"Tie two birds together,
and although they have four wings,
they cannot fly."

jonb

Its so easy to fall, but quite something to climb back up, well done!

Ultraman1973

hey you all I'm new.  Also new to this steampunk stuff.  So how are you all?  Hope I fit in here

Herr Schrumpfkopf

Hi there,

I never new it was steampunk when I've read Michael Moorcock back in the day.
Only about 2 years ago when I was hired to do some high res art for games did I became aware what this is all about and I like it ever since.

I am not dressing in Victorian outfits, but I enjoy the literature and some movies.
Anyway here's some Art I recently did and I hope you agree it qualifies as steampunk.

Sincerly,
Herr Schrumpfkopf

Miller

Hey Gentlemans and Ladies!

Nice to see you as Steampunks, well I have been looking this forum for a while, and i love it :) I'm a  Steampunk artist, and just started now my work on the internet... I wanna share all my work with you, and i hope you like it. I'm from Hungary. 

Well...May the steam with you!   

Miller

jonb

Hello boys climb aboard, start posting, and lets see what you have got, I have only been around for a few weeks, and already I have been made an officer and given some shiny epithets to sow onto my shoulders by a couple of members.

Sanctuary Leathers

Afternoon all, my name is Steve, I live in County Durham and am, in a way, new to Steampunk.

I've been leatherworking for several years, officially for 18 months and have made a few Steam related items and traded a couple of events, but I'd really like to be more active than just making/selling.

I'm currently drawing up several plans for full feature pieces, including a aether/space man and a prison/robot :)

Steve.

Hez

Quote from: Pnakotus on November 04, 2014, 01:17:29 AM
Quote from: Pnakotus on March 19, 2010, 04:10:34 PM
Alas, sadly, it is time for me to say my farewells too. I'm loosing my job on the 31st, moving out of my apartment in April, spending late-April through July being homeless and hitchhiking around, and what happens after July I have no idea. Today I'm having my phone and internet shut off at my place.

It's been great getting to know y'all! Someday when I have internet access again I'll fill you in on my adventures :) To quote The Doctor ...

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back.
Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

Hey, I'm finally back! My adventures were more like misadventures and I ended up living a lot longer at places that I would rather not have lived, but I'm back home in Denver and in a much better space now. :) How's things been around here?

Welcome home!

Hez

And welcome to air new folks.  (Air was a typo for our but I think I will let it stand.)  Herr Schrumpfkopf, Steve, Ultraman, Glen and Madam Pearl.  Metal worker, Artist, Leather worker and Poisoner - it looks to be an interesting season.

maximilien

Hi,

I'm maximilien. I'm currently taking a course about 'participative culture' for which we are asked to select and study an online community. I immediatly though about this forum because I find Steampunk facinating.

I have a background in Industrial design and I am an avid tinkerer. I plan to build my very first pair of goggles this weekend. If you are interested I can post some pictures of the results. I'd really like to get your opinions!

Don't worry, I don't want to interfer or start new treads, I meerly wish to read and better understand Steampunk and its community. I would also be glad to exchange some PM with you if you feel like talking about Steampunk.

That's it for now, I hope you don't mind me lurking around..

Thank you

maximilien

jonb

Max start a thread about your goggles, you might think you are studying us, but in truth you are one of us.

maximilien

Thanks jonb. I think you are probably right. I invited friends to make some goggles tonight. I'll post the results when we are done. Hope they will turn out well!

mrbob

Greetings good fellows.  I hope you are all well.
It's been many years since I joined a forum.  I thought they had been buried under the increasing walls of social media - it's great to see something moving sightly slower. 
I'm not sure how I fit into a steampunk collective; I've began a project in my little office to hide all the wires that has gotten out of hand and so joined for building tips as I certainly love the look of worn out contraptions.

Rob

jonb

Looking for tips this is the place! I only joined a few weeks ago and have got so much help it is untrue, get posting pictures of what you have and lets see it evolve, the people here seem to really like seeing others work.

gazel17

Hello!!

I joined the forum a few days ago and I'm excited to get started. I'm from Spain and I came across steampunk on some videogames and I wanted to know more. I really like it! I am also interested in narrative rol, what I have tried before and really enjoyed it.

See you all around

Richard Hoover

Hi everyone.  I'm Richard.

I'm a software developer by trade, but a storyteller by desire.  Earlier this year, I made the leap to self-employment and have a number of projects I'm excited about coming up (including some steampunk ones). 

Everyone and their dog seems to have their own unique definition of steampunk, which is one of the things I enjoy about it.  My personal preferences (well, who's else would they be) are for those stories set against real world history but then heightened by elaborate retro technology and modern social commentary.  Supernatural and extra-terrestrial elements I can take or leave.

Brass Goggles seems like such a welcoming place and I'm looking forward to spending time here.  Cheers!
My novel Satin and Sutherland: The Golden Curse is available now!  Check out my website www.sealeftstudios.com for a sample, trailers, and more.