News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)

Started by Gin-Soaked, June 20, 2010, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcwelder

Quote from: TribalWren on July 01, 2010, 10:04:59 PM
WHY do I always end up with no ose in my photographs??! It bugs me!  ::)

Ose? I usually end up fusing him to get a Chariot or Strength persona since those social ranks tend to advance much faster than Fool. Bonus levels are helpful. Ose's a sort of good skill carrier though.

Mad repairman for the ship of the damned.

Vagabond GentleMan

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.

TribalWren

@arcwelder  >sheepish<  ;D Mistake modified! I do kind of want an Ose now though.....  :D

@VG Thank you baby. We'll just pretend I didn't force you to write that...lol!  :P :-*

arcwelder

I tried to fix it, but between not having Lightroom installed and the fact that it's just oversaturated...I didn't get much of anywhere. Plus I wasn't sure how you'd feel about me upping it somewhere to repost. :(

TribalWren

Quote from: Lord Wraste on July 01, 2010, 10:18:32 PM
Quote from: Vagabond GentleMan on July 01, 2010, 10:12:47 PM
WREN'S SUCH A PRETTY LADY!
And has no nose...

(Seriously? Turn off your flash, get some ambient light, and take the pic from more than 20cm away. :))

:P :P I DID turn of my flash Mr Smarty-Pants. Ain't nothing 'ambient' in the ghetto. And me bloomin' arm's only 20cm long!  ;) ;D

So there.

arcwelder

Quote from: TribalWren on July 01, 2010, 10:26:35 PM
:P :P I DID turn of my flash Mr Smarty-Pants.

The oversaturation and the bright spots in your eyes suggest a flash was used at short range.

Since that's not it, the bright spots are probably a reflection from something environmental, and the oversaturation probably reflects a high contrast between your face and the rest of the environment. Possibly a defective or easily-confused light sensor (those in cheap digital point-and-shoots are much less sophisticated than those found in SLRs). If you have a camera which lets you change the aperture and exposure settings, it could be too long an exposure or too wide an aperture.

Indefinitive

Quote from: arcwelder on July 01, 2010, 10:08:24 PM
WHY do I always end up with no ose in my photographs??! It bugs me!  ::)
(snip)

Ose? I usually end up fusing him to get a Chariot or Strength persona since those social ranks tend to advance much faster than Fool. Bonus levels are helpful. Ose's a sort of good skill carrier though.

Ahh, I love a good Persona reference. ;D
Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html

DocDodge

While not steampunk, this is my airsoft team at a competition last February at Ft. Chaffee, AR.
I'm in the back row, 2nd man on the right, grey moustashe. BTW, we won.
:D

Eccentricity is not insanity or a danger to society, stupidity is.

Mr. Hatchett

WHY do I always end up with no nose in my photographs??! It bugs me!  ::)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40456430@N06/4753345902/#

If you would like, I could adjust the light levels and color balance on the photo and get your nose to show up.  It wouldn't take a minute.
When Friday comes, we'll all call rats fish.

garingling

WHY do I always end up with no nose in my photographs??! It bugs me!  ::)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40456430@N06/4753345902/#
Even with the photos lighting issues you're still very lovely  :)
Quote from: The Abiliegh on July 09, 2009, 09:06:35 PM
G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
O is for odd (in the best possible way!)
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome

RaasAlHayya

I finally found a few pictures that I don't mind other people seeing...

Spoiler: ShowHide

My steampunk/neoVictorian dress from Project A-Kon this year

My ball dress from Azkatraz last year

Showing off my cool boots

Generally I don't photograph well. :(

--Leslie

Mercury Wells

Quote from: RaasAlHayya on July 03, 2010, 10:14:49 AM

--Leslie

Oh but you do. (very nice boots btw...now, I need to lie down.)
Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Rockula

Quote from: Capt. Dirigible on July 01, 2010, 08:01:36 PM
Ok..I know I've already posted The Countess' photos from the Aftermath Ball at the beginning of this thread but the official photographer at the Ball has (finally) uploaded his pix and I'm really impressed with how well they have come out so I've taken the liberty of posting  a few here.

These are excellent. I can see why you won the prize, Captain. ;D
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

RaasAlHayya

Quote from: Mercury Wells on July 03, 2010, 02:34:29 PM

--Leslie

Oh but you do. (very nice boots btw...now, I need to lie down.)

Thank you, Mercury!

The problem I usually have is that I make awkward faces. Not intentionally, I just blink at the wrong time or a smile comes out looking like I'm in pain, lol!

garingling

--Leslie

Love the boots and with those photos no one would have guessed you don't photograph well.
G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome

RaasAlHayya

Quote from: garingling on July 03, 2010, 05:47:19 PM

--Leslie

Love the boots and with those photos no one would have guessed you don't photograph well.

Thank you Ms. Ringling!

I wear the boots with my steampunk outfits, though they don't show under all the skirts.

These are the only pictures of me from the past five years that don't look awkward. It takes several photo shoots for me to come up with something not cringeworthy.

By the way, I made the steampunk dress, waist cincher and hat decorations in the first picture and the Egyptian dress and jewelry in the second (except the earrings; I bought those.)

I got so many compliments on the steampunk dress at A-Kon that I'm going to make a second one. :)

--Leslie

Capt. Morion

You A-kon dress is beautiful! The fit is spectacular; great work ^-^ I love the second one as well (I have a serious soft spot for anything Egyptian) and was wondering if you used a pattern for the beaded collar. I have a costume design that calls for something very similar and am having problems figuring out how to go about making it, any suggestions?
The bad guys always have the best tailors

garingling

Quote from: RaasAlHayya on July 03, 2010, 05:59:23 PM

--Leslie

Thank you Ms. Ringling!

I wear the boots with my steampunk outfits, though they don't show under all the skirts.

These are the only pictures of me from the past five years that don't look awkward. It takes several photo shoots for me to come up with something not cringeworthy.

By the way, I made the steampunk dress, waist cincher and hat decorations in the first picture and the Egyptian dress and jewelry in the second (except the earrings; I bought those.)

I got so many compliments on the steampunk dress at A-Kon that I'm going to make a second one. :)

--Leslie
Wow, fantastic work on your outfits!
G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome

RaasAlHayya

Quote from: Capt. Morion on July 03, 2010, 07:15:02 PM
You A-kon dress is beautiful! The fit is spectacular; great work ^-^ I love the second one as well (I have a serious soft spot for anything Egyptian) and was wondering if you used a pattern for the beaded collar. I have a costume design that calls for something very similar and am having problems figuring out how to go about making it, any suggestions?

Thank you, Captain!

For the collar, I created my own design based on my studies of ancient Egyptian relics and modern reproductions. I used eye pins, bitty bells, large rocaille beads, tiny pony beads, faceted beads and spaghetti beads.

WARNING! HUGE IMAGE!

This is a scan of the collar, one of the bracelets, an eye pin ready to be used, and a couple of eye pins to which I have added beads.

It took me some time playing with the beads before deciding on the pattern, then it went together very quickly. Once you decide on the sequence of beads:

1. Thread beads on eye pin in desired sequence. Leave about 3/4 inch of bare pin on the straight end.
2. Use needle nosed pliers to make a loop out of the straight end.
3. Repeat until your hand goes numb, or you have as many eye pins as you want.
4. Have a cup of tea, or something stronger, as needed.
5. Thread one end of each eye pin onto a cord, using extra beads as spacers between pins. Add an occasional bitty bell if desired. I try to make the pins go all the way around my neck so the weight is distributed evenly; otherwise, it will keep sliding forward and hang awkwardly.
6. Thread the free end of each eye pin onto another cord, using extra beads as spacers. Use one more bead between each pin than you used on the first row; this will give the collar the curve needed to go around the neck. Add bitty bells, if desired. Add another row of eye pins, if desired.
7. Use whatever closure you prefer at the back of the neck. You might want to make a tassel of beads to hang from the back as a counterweight, as the ancient Egyptians did, so the collar sits properly.
8. Thread more eye pins on elastic cord to make matching bracelets and anklets.
9. Soak up the adoration received when your friends see you in your gorgeous jewelry!

Hope this helps!

Quote from: garingling on July 03, 2010, 07:36:41 PM
Quote from: RaasAlHayya on July 03, 2010, 05:59:23 PM

--Leslie

Thank you Ms. Ringling!

--Leslie
Wow, fantastic work on your outfits!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to get started on the next one...it will be much better!

--Leslie

Capt. Morion

Wow, thank you so much for the incredibly detailed reply and scan! I really appreciated the (seriously awesome) help, it definitely cleared up some of the questions I had. Now if I can just figure out how to do the rest of the costume I'll be all set ^-^' Can't wait to see more of your work in the future and thanks again!
The bad guys always have the best tailors

RaasAlHayya

darkshines

*twitches* Eye pins. EYE PINS!

*has made about 100 pairs of earrings recently with eye pins*

So many......pins......
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Honeythorn

Not steampunk but seeing as someone decided to be a twat and remove the usual post your picture thread ( for what reason exactly? ) I'll have to post it here instead.

OH SHIT! I'm a pirate!  :D I made that eyepatch seeing as the ones sold by fancy dress shops are A- Massive and practically cover half my nose as well as an eye, and B- really crap and made of either hard plastic or sweaty felt >.<

So I made mine out of thick card, topped with some false leather, a lace flower , a couple of real chick legbones courtesy of a nice eagle owl pellet, and some beads and ribbon to tie it on. Job's a good un'  ;D

Whole outfit. I pinned the skirt up at the front for added oomph and whatnot. I'm terribly pleased with it all :D

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·

Dorian Ambrose

Quote from: Honeythorn on July 04, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
Not steampunk but seeing as someone decided to be a twat and remove the usual post your picture thread ( for what reason exactly? ) I'll have to post it here instead.

OH SHIT! I'm a pirate!  :D I made that eyepatch seeing as the ones sold by fancy dress shops are A- Massive and practically cover half my nose as well as an eye, and B- really crap and made of either hard plastic or sweaty felt >.<

So I made mine out of thick card, topped with some false leather, a lace flower , a couple of real chick legbones courtesy of a nice eagle owl pellet, and some beads and ribbon to tie it on. Job's a good un'  ;D

Whole outfit. I pinned the skirt up at the front for added oomph and whatnot. I'm terribly pleased with it all :D

Well.. Consider me timbers shivered  ;)

If more pirates looked like that, the shipping industry would be a much more appealing career choice. And trade-ships would most likely be much less protected  :D

Now.. If only we had some equally sexy ninjas....

Honeythorn

:D I,m afraid I can't do Ninja for all that I wear black. I haven't the slinky straight up and down shape for it >.<
<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·