News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)

Started by Gin-Soaked, June 20, 2010, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: Ulrich von Aidanstein on June 22, 2010, 05:52:51 AM
Argh I can't seem to get a decent sized pic to show up no matter what I upload to photobucket...

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on June 22, 2010, 05:45:40 AM
Quote from: Ulrich von Aidanstein on June 22, 2010, 05:44:02 AM
Here is a pic of me at Supanova in Sydney. Unfortunately I did not get my mechanical octopus animal companion finished in time, so I will post one of the whole outfit when it is completed!

Please excuse the gormless grin!  ???

Aidan

How was it?

Eh it was alright if you are really into anime etc  :-\  Good to see more steampunks this year though! ;D

I've actually never gotten around to going, myself...! Hahahaha.

Very good to see there was at least one absolutely fantastic-looking steampunk there, though.

darkshines

Here is a pic of me at Supanova in Sydney. Unfortunately I did not get my mechanical octopus animal companion finished in time, so I will post one of the whole outfit when it is completed!

Aidan

I'd give anything to get Mr C to dress like this.....
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Countessa Lenora

Quote from: darkshines on June 22, 2010, 07:10:56 AM

Aidan

Come on woman, use your feminine powers of persuasion!
Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk

RoseOak

Quote from: Countessa Lenora on June 22, 2010, 10:50:42 AM
Quote from: darkshines on June 22, 2010, 07:10:56 AM
Spoiler: ShowHide

Aidan

Come on woman, use your feminine powers of persuasion!
That or drug him, dress him and hide all the mirrors  :P

darkshines

I keep buying him black and red clothes but he keeps wearing the cream and linen. He is too sweet to wear black!
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

Countessa Lenora

Start the change more subtly.  Add black piping to his linens....

RoseOak

Quote from: darkshines on June 22, 2010, 05:43:34 PM
I keep buying him black and red clothes but he keeps wearing the cream and linen. He is too sweet to wear black!

Inform him  that liquorice is one of the sweetest things there is

Dr. Zedrich Heretic

It occurs to me that there are no photographs of me without my moustache.  I shaved it off a few months ago.  Impressive though it was, felt it was time to let it go.

Here is me, taken just today, the hat I'm wearing I made myself a few weeks ago.  Sorry for the mirror shot, I don't have anyone around who can act as a photographer.

on the topic of men in black, I might have ended up a goth in High-school if I didn't look just so darn good in earth tones.
"Tomorrow will take us away, far from home, no one will ever know our names.

But the bard songs will remain..."

Kayt

Aidan

Nice gauntlet!
"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

The Resurrectionist

Just posted these in another forum and thought I might as well include them here as well.  Over in the "Steamwestern" thread there are some shots of an additional piece I'm building that will eventually make its way into the mix.  First pics up here...sorry for the anachronistic backgrounds!

Ulrich von Aidanstein

Many thanks for the comments guys!

Goggles and bracer I made out of recycled materials, and the staff is from Gentleman's Emporium. I am facing the wrong way so you can't really see the emu feathers in my hat...
The Baron Ulrich von Aidanstein- Financier, philanthropist and inventor of the highest regard!

Bezier

Making an attempt to combine steampunk and metal.

sorry for the poor quality. It was taken with my phone.

Dr. Wilson Montgomery

Mostly Emilie Autumn-inspired almost-steampunk on the severly tight budget of an unemployed behavioral scientist:

And a few more updates to the outfit.  And yes, the tailcoat is decorated with cogs -just because- pretty much everyone
complains about using cogs and gears simply as "something shiny"

All in all based on this early sketch:

Oniichan

Good show, Dr. Montgomery!  I find Emilie Autumn fascinating... I like her music, and her visual style seems to straddle and dip into many different styles, all of which I really like the look of.  The "Asylum" look certainly works well for her..  I must ask, where did you find your trousers? 
Gradual change, we can believe in.

greyedout.etsy.com

Dr. Wilson Montgomery

Oniichan:

Thank you!  
And I *lovelovelove* Emilie Autumn. Her show over here last spring was one of the most amazing concerts I´ve ever been to,
and the style of those insane women in the band is just incredible. Almost makes me wish I was straight ;)

The trousers?
They are a pair of Cheap Monday jeans I found on a Swedish version of Ebay

Mat

bought a cutting torch the other day for at work and it came with these.

Of course, I had to have some fun with them!   ;D

Indefinitive

Quote from: Mat on June 23, 2010, 11:57:09 PM

I love those pictures. Your expression is just priceless. :D
Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html

Countessa Lenora

Quote from: Mat on June 23, 2010, 11:57:09 PM

My you seem like a fine upstanding Canadian....but I saw no bottle of Kokanee in your photos.... Don't all mad Canadian scientists drink it?!

Athanor

Vero vobis dico, qui quaerit, inveniet eius. Et saepius, parum volet.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.

Wilhelmina Frame

Cream and Linen isn't terribly formal though is it? Try that angle.
Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

garingling

Quote from: Dr. Zedrich Heretic on June 22, 2010, 09:11:16 PM
on the topic of men in black, I might have ended up a goth in High-school if I didn't look just so darn good in earth tones.

Blondes always rock the earth tones better than black (in my opinion). Your hat came out nicely, from one who hasn't had any luck making hats.
Quote from: The Abiliegh on July 09, 2009, 09:06:35 PM
G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
O is for odd (in the best possible way!)
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome

darkshines

Quote from: Wilhelmina Frame on June 24, 2010, 05:07:05 AM

Cream and Linen isn't terribly formal though is it? Try that angle.

I was hoping to get him in the red and black waistcoat I got him for Christmas for the Brum meet on the weekend, but curse the weather! Apparently its too hot for dark clothes *roll eyes*

Ulrich von Aidanstein

It is NEVER too hot for dark clothes...

I think I own maybe three white pieces of clothing? Everything else is either dark green/brown/black/etc
The Baron Ulrich von Aidanstein- Financier, philanthropist and inventor of the highest regard!

Countessa Lenora

Quote from: Athanor on June 24, 2010, 03:24:29 AM
No

I was, of course, joking. Although I have been to the brewery and it's very nice...although it did make me think of "Strange Brew".

Kaljaia

Quote from: darkshines on June 24, 2010, 06:17:39 AM

I was hoping to get him in the red and black waistcoat I got him for Christmas for the Brum meet on the weekend, but curse the weather! Apparently its too hot for dark clothes *roll eyes*

Show him the pitted-out arm-pit of a white shirt, and that may help with the dark clothing in hot weather case.
Every good "Why" deserves a "Why Not?"