News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!

Started by The Sammy, April 10, 2011, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sammy

I think the station is still being built, so it might case a bit of conflict... though you might be able to help. Remember when you stock up Dispensers if you use the /giveme command you can fill it with 9 stacks of 63 (on a vanilla sever) unstackables (like mine carts) instead of just 9. Much better.
~Longeye~

Manix

Apologies for what is likely a stupid question, do the mods need to be installed on my end to?

The Sammy

Not any of the ones I currently have running. There are some mods that require client side things, but these tend to be the big game changing ones (like the huge RPG mods) and most of them I'm avoiding. Nearly all mods I will be using consist of sign/chat operated commands, which can be read by Bukkit from the stream and implemented without you doing anything.
If in doubt, check the website! It now has a page on each mod I have installed, so you can see what's what.
~Longeye~

Dr. makebot

Quote from: The Corsair on April 26, 2011, 09:20:29 AM
The hospital has been checked over, repaired, refilled and had it's lighting increased so hopefully it's mob proof now.
On another note, is there any objection to me revamping the station so it's fully automatic (You stand on a plate, a cart arrives, you board, you go)?

I have no objection to the main station being fully automated, but please do not do anything to the other stations on the network.
thank you.
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Corsair

Lovely. I'll build it on a way that requires minimal downtime. I'll also build an entrance that goes from the back of the temple rather than the resort.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Gunner Gregson

please bring back the stargates xD
im out on my own and getting cabin fever.
i want to go back and take a gander at what has happened since i left.

GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

CPT. Dansko

Quote from: Gunner Gregson on April 26, 2011, 01:31:03 PM
please bring back the stargates xD
im out on my own and getting cabin fever.
i want to go back and take a gander at what has happened since i left.

GG

Caban Feaver... oh
well better get the best treatment is to take a good long walk...

-CPT. Dansko-

The Sammy

The Corsair

I've started on the luxury resort (which is off into the desert then to the right) and it will probably take a few weeks.

The houses are all different and will be spaced reasonably far apart so that they essentially all have a decent patch of land around them. I intend on making 5 to begin with and players will be able to claim them as they are finished (though you can only do this by placing a sign by the completed building) and will build more if people want them. They are also fairly heavy on the following resources:
Wood
Dark wood
Clean stone
Wool
Glass
Cobblestone
Still here, just quieter

The Sammy

Well Corsair, if you need it there is an infinite wool sign over near the ship in the lake  where Makebot's submarine is. There are a few dyes as well you can use.
~Longeye~

The Corsair

The first luxury house has had its core built but is not finished do please do not try to claim it
Still here, just quieter

Screaming Lord Pea Green

Matt, I have some Good news and Bad news...

The Good news is that you don't have A.I.D.S. Congrats!
The Bad news is that about an hour ago, 4 creepers appeared in your ship and blew it to smithereens....I undoubtedly was just an innocent bystander in this incident...in any case, it looks like the Titanic more than ever now. I'd try a repair myself but I haven't the foggiest about where everything goes...far too sober right now.

In other news, there's an addition to the main railway station, keep an ear out when leaving/arriving...
The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

Mechanic

I have been very busy with work so I have had little time to log in let alone work on the Dirigible. Fear not - it has not been abandoned.
Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.

Manix

Quote from: Screaming Lord Pea Green on April 28, 2011, 11:49:43 AM
Matt, I have some Good news and Bad news...

The Good news is that you don't have A.I.D.S. Congrats!
The Bad news is that about an hour ago, 4 creepers appeared in your ship and blew it to smithereens....I undoubtedly was just an innocent bystander in this incident...in any case, it looks like the Titanic more than ever now. I'd try a repair myself but I haven't the foggiest about where everything goes...far too sober right now.

In other news, there's an addition to the main railway station, keep an ear out when leaving/arriving...

I stumbled across that earlier today, assumed you had something to do with it. all has been repaired and i have made additional anti creeper measures.

On another note...

I want permission to start work on the NeoTephys Ocean.
Details below:

Spoiler: ShowHide
Planned location - Almost directly East of city wall (can be somewhere else if needed)

Depth - Bedrock

Width - Massive

Objective - Dr Makebot plans a Bioshock style city down there
                Also I want somewhere to build a real cruise ship (to scale - Look up 'Aquitania' if you wanna know what it will look like.

Various other uses, Submarines etc......

Plan...  TNT a huge area down to bedrock
          Use long eyes water fix tool to flood it to sea level (perhaps wait for Makebot to start work on his city and me on my ship for ease of building)

Difficulties - Long term project
                 Any constructions that are in the area will be destroyed unless a note is made of its location
                 Once started must be finished (TNT scars on land are unattractive)
                 Server power (lots of TNT may crash server)

Please tell me any objections

The Sammy

Okay... power is right, I don't know if the server will handle what will undoubtedly be around 1024 blocks of TnT (working binary here). Apart from that I guess I don't really have a problem per-say, but you're right it HAS to be finished. To my knowledge there are no buildings that way, I think most of ours end at the wall at the moment. Everyone else?
~Longeye~

Manix

Of course I don't expect it to be done in one go, Im thinking carpets of TNT to take it down layers at a time. Its a shame you are not running the server yourself because you could take the world files and do it in single player mode, that way your less likely to get crashes.

Gunner Gregson

the server will quite happily handle 6 TNT (far from the amount you want to use) that is the most i have used at one time.

i love the idea of rebuilding Rapture, i am a Bioshock fan and this interests me, i am also willing to offer any help needed. maybe at a future date recreate Columbia (Bioshock Infinite)
i had plans for an underwater area, but nothing of the size this is going to be. ill drop my idea in favour of yours.

GG

Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

CPT. Dansko

Quote from: Gunner Gregson on April 28, 2011, 05:57:25 PM
the server will quite happily handle 6 TNT (far from the amount you want to use) that is the most i have used at one time.

i love the idea of rebuilding Rapture, i am a Bioshock fan and this interests me, i am also willing to offer any help needed. maybe at a future date recreate Columbia (Bioshock Infinite)
i had plans for an underwater area, but nothing of the size this is going to be. ill drop my idea in favour of yours.

GG

...Um yeah i have no idea what "Bioshock" is about but i sure as hell love the idea of an underwater city... maybe i could have a house down there... but do go ahead and make something like that... a floting city in the sky, i don't think it'll work but that is my opinion, please get back to me...

-CPT. Dansko-

Manix

For any who dont know, here is an image of the Bioshock underwater city

For this sort of thing to be possible the ocean really will need to go down to the bedrocks.

Also the RMS Aquitania

and in cross section

Also to make it simpler and to deepen existing areas of water; Longeye, ill have to ask you to drain areas east of the dashed wall made by me and Makebot.
It is 1000m wide Im sure this will suffice, about that in length should be enough to encompass any number of sunken cities.

....this...is gonna be good!

The Sammy

Right gentlemen may I make a suggestion?
WorldEdit. Look up the commands (website, ops can use) as you can delete entire blocks... why use TnT? Just select the diagonals with the tool, replace everything with air and you've 'dug' a big hole. Then just rough up the edges with a little TnT.
Plan carefully, as we don't want to destroy and of Corsair's resort!
I'm quite happy to loan my l33t skillz, but really I just read the manual. Any Op's can do what I did, if they RTBM.
~Longeye~

Screaming Lord Pea Green

-------

Manix

Does the server have an issue currently?

Screaming Lord Pea Green

Seems to be down, all i'd recommend is to give it some time for now...

The Sammy

Okay guys... we've all learnt a lesson about rule reading, but for now the /giveme command is off. If you're an op you can /give [your name] yourself things, but for now that's it. Sorry!
~Longeye~

Manix

Quote from: Augustus Longeye on April 28, 2011, 11:00:55 PM
Okay guys... we've all learnt a lesson about rule reading, but for now the /giveme command is off. If you're an op you can /give [your name] yourself things, but for now that's it. Sorry!
~Longeye~

Does that also apply if an op wants to /give [someone else' name]