News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!

Started by The Sammy, April 10, 2011, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corsair

It's apparently a graphics card driver problem...
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Craig Snedeker

Not sure how to PM on these forums (can you?) but my IGN is Rekedens, can you add me? :)

The Sammy

I'm afraid you have to be a deck hand to 'unlock' PMing. We do it this way so that griefers don't come onto the server because who is sad enough to hang on a forum for an hour or two just to blow stuff up? :P
When you reach Deck Hand I'll be happy to add you!
~Longeye~

walternator

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing these problems, but every time i try to log onto the server i cannot access it, is this because it is in the process of being updated so as to conform to the newest version of Minecraft or is just me?
Technically it didn't blow up...

Dr. makebot

Quote from: walternator on April 20, 2011, 09:49:24 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing these problems, but every time i try to log onto the server i cannot access it, is this because it is in the process of being updated so as to conform to the newest version of Minecraft or is just me?

if your talking about the:
"java.net.socketexception connection reset"
then, yes I have the same error.
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Corsair

It's probably just the server needing to be updated.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

I'm afraid gentlemen, from what I can find out, this problem isn't a clearly defined one. It's usually a problem on your end to do with drivers/java/firewall not being on the right settings and quite often pops up when minecraft updates. It might e the fact the server is running 1.4 and the new 1.5 update is out, and if you updated your clients that is why (the client and server have to match to play) but if not then there is very little I can do I'm afraid.
Try poking around the forums and see if they have any advice there, but from what I've discovered it's a client side problem.
Again, very sorry!
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

the server is not yet updated to 1.5
i chose not to install the update and have logged on fine
the server still needs to update by the looks of it

GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

The Sammy

Right, the server STILL hasn't updated, I'll let you know and update the OP when it does. On a separate note I'm thinking of building a stargate inspired base under the forest behind the mine (under Walter's house on the trees) about 20 blocks underground. Is this problematic for anyone?
~Longeye~

walternator

its not a problem for me, and i don't think their are any mines that shallow
Technically it didn't blow up...

The Sammy

Cheers Walternator, I was wondering if you had plans for underground. I don't think there is much at that level except the main shaft (But I'll but working away from that so it should be fine).
In that case I CLAIM THIS LAND! :P
~Longeye~

Dr. makebot

will you perchance call it this land  ;D

On a more serious note, I would Like to start a train network with stations at different places on the map, as a more scenic alternative to the portal network.
is there anywhere in particular people would like the network to link?
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Sammy

Yes. Yes I will.
We've already had a few... strange names, why not? :P
~Longeye~

Screaming Lord Pea Green

When the server is updated and I can get back on, i'll make a start on an Area 51 complex in the desert to the north of the Spawn Temple. I wouldn't say no to a rail link to it at a later point when i have the boundaries sorted out.
The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

The Sammy

The OP has been updated, as has the Donations page (looking quite professional if I do say so myself... which I just did...).
My good Lord Pea, mine carts have been a little buggy up to now, same as boats, most likely due to server-side lag (not much I can do about it I'm afraid) but with the new additions to mine cart tracks one can hardly NOT build a trains system of some sort. You'll have to see I'm afraid.
Server is STILL NOT UPDATED which is annoying me, so I've sent a 'Critical Message' to servercraft and hopefully it'll be up shortly.
Thanks for you patience,
~Longeye~

The Sammy

Server IS running, but Bukkit is not, so ALL mods are off (even the really basic stuff). That means you are basically playing vanilla minecraft. I'll let you know when it's all back.
~Longeye~

Craig Snedeker

Quote from: Augustus Longeye on April 20, 2011, 12:06:33 AM
I'm afraid you have to be a deck hand to 'unlock' PMing. We do it this way so that griefers don't come onto the server because who is sad enough to hang on a forum for an hour or two just to blow stuff up? :P
When you reach Deck Hand I'll be happy to add you!
~Longeye~
HAHA I understand! I hate griefers to. My friends had this server, and the one mod griefed us because our skywalk went "over top of his castle" arg we had to build one 3 times as long. So I know how griefers are  ;)

The Sammy

Indeed... nothing beats the sting of building something epic only to have it blown up, or smashed down, or filled with crap... Seeing as you'll spawn in my temple I'm a little protective of my baby ;)
On a separate note guys Bukkit might be a while, so I'm not sure how to proceed with the mods. To my knowledge when I flip Bukkit back all the gates/bridges etc. will all come back on and work, but until then they don't. Of course I might be wrong and they'll all need rebuilding, but no sense in knocking them all down without need.
I therefore propose (because I want to) that we continue and make the best of what we have. I'll to through the OP and line out what we don't have so check that for more info!
If you have any suggestions PLEASE DEAR LORD TELL ME! I'm at a bit of a loss ;)
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

did anyone else here have issues with 1.5?
i got mine working again but it was rather annoying (crashed whenever i tried to build, place, dig, mine etc) walking was fine just the rest of it :P

GG

The Sammy

Ah yes, I've heard that there have been a few problems with it. Notch has been made aware and it seems to be sporadic on computers. I wouldn't have updated had I known about this, but I've just found out myself. It seems to be a problem with client side information broadcasting (where as information reception seems to be fine; hence the walking), but the rest is hidden in layers of code so deep I began to forget what real words looked like.
I'd hope he'll patch it soon, within the next couple of days, but unfortunately it's on him now.
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

ok all sorted and everything is running fine, well almost.
im on the server and let me just say ARGH!!!! rofl my name has reverted to Hypopsycho its no longer red, portals are broke, i cant make it day, the world has ended as we know it, we are all...... ooh look a sheep.

GG

*EDIT* it seems my problem was with XAUs patcher, i wasnt using his 2.0 beta, after using it the game runs fine

LukeHogbin

Bukkit authors said that they'll wait until _01 is released. And since it was, it's only a matter of days before they release new version.
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

The Sammy

Mr. Hogbin; that may have been the case, but we're actually running _02 at the moment so I think they're holing out for a little bit until Notch finishes all his patching.
~Longeye~

LukeHogbin

Ah yes, my sincere apologies, I'd forgotten about the _02 server patch.
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

The Sammy

No worries, I didn't know about it either it just appeared to me :D
Though I should think it won't be long before there's _03 :( this updates changed so many things it's no wondered there have been a few glitches.
~Longeye~