News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!

Started by The Sammy, April 10, 2011, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corsair

Apparently I've been banned...
Explanation?
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

... You have? O.o
My word, sorry about that... not my doing, I'll unban you...
~Longeye~

EDIT:
There we go, I've run the 'Pardon' command so it should let you back on. I'm not sure what's happened there, you've not moved groups and the logs say that the only ban command to have been used was on Dansko last week. Might just be an update bug, but I'll go over a few more things anyway... servers banning people of their own accord isn't right! Not at all! Just out of interest Corsair, did it say anything about who/why you were banned by/for? Might make it easier to track down.
Sorry about that!

Gunner Gregson

well it wasnt me, no idea how to do it, that and i havent played lately.
been working on my blog, gonna be doing my best to sort it out over the next few weeks, going to get some Minecraft time inbetween though.
also got some shotgun shells on the way, (used of course) still with plans to make a shotgun, does anyone know what 19th century shotgun shells looked like? i thought they were made from card/paper, but the ones i have seen appear to be from plastic?
and back on topic, i didnt know Dansko got banned. fingers crossed for a quick update too Bukkit.

GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

The Sammy

Dansko got banned because he was refusing to get off the computer and have dinner. He's was pardoned shortly after.
As to the rest of your queries I can offer sod all I'm afraid :-x
~Longeye~

LukeHogbin

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

walternator

TROUBLE IN THE HOSPITAL

When i went to the hospital in order to get cake, i found a creeper next to the cake which promptly blew up.
When i tried to repair the damage i discovered that there were less blocks than originally so there is still a hole in the floor (which i will fix later unless someone beats me to it). Then when i tried to go to sleep i was rudely awoken by both a skeleton and a zombie in turn. I decided it was obviously a bad place to sleep and went back to my house where i slept monster free. From this i can only conclude major lighting improvements need to made across the city due to changes in monster spawning.
Technically it didn't blow up...

The Corsair

I've not had problems like that before. I'll say the hospital is off limits until i can check it over myself
Still here, just quieter

The Sammy

Guys... Holy Crap. When I started this server I thought I'd have 2, maybe 3 people interested... There are now 17 (including me) registered people! That's amazing, so thank you :D
This raises 2 points... Firstly, do people want me to add a section in the OP with Minecraft usernames paired with BG usernames? It might make it easier to link names up in everyone's head that way.
Lastly, is this size of server working well? How much lag do people get? Are there any persistent problems to do with lag (or anything else really)?
Keep on building people, the world is great :D
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

the lag is very minimal for me.

the nickname feature we had was good if we get it back and you set it too your BG name then i dont think its an issue.

and to add another thing will craftbook be coming back?

and i have placed the first blocks for my new project, wahey.

GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

crion

Hello i just joined the site basically for this thread. ive bought minecraft a week or so ago and have been playing non-stop offline, recently i have tried a bunch of multiplayer servers i have found and they were not that great so i was wondering if it would be alright if i were to join this server.

Usrname: kingcrion

The Sammy

Hi there Crion.
Unfortunately whilst you can join, I can't add you right now. We have a rule that you have to be at least a Deck Hand level on the forum (spend a few hours online, it's time based not post count based) before you're allowed. Once you reach Deck Hand you can send Messages, and then you drop me one and I add you. This is solely there to cut out griefers and so I'm sorry to say that everyone has to abide by it.
When you reach Deck Hand I'll be happy to add you!
~Longeye~

walternator

Quote from: crion on April 24, 2011, 03:19:21 AM
Hello i just joined the site basically for this thread. ive bought minecraft a week or so ago and have been playing non-stop offline, recently i have tried a bunch of multiplayer servers i have found and they were not that great so i was wondering if it would be alright if i were to join this server.

Usrname: kingcrion

If you stay on for two more minutes you should be a Deck Hand ;)
Technically it didn't blow up...

CPT. Dansko

Well in my opinion I have to say everything is running smoothley... but something has been biting the back of my neck, a big project is going on inside the settlemnt (The Server Base) and the problem is by order of Longeye I can not tell... Dr_Makebot knows what  am talking about because he came across it, but let me tell you this when done you will all like it.
Not Love it or Hate it but i hope just Like.

Also your thoughts on a Food Market being built... a place where you can get free cake, cookies, bread, soup, apples and espicially for the Admin Longeye... Golden Apples :D, the last place to restore health... maybe have one dotted around the place every know-and-again.

Reply with your thoughts please...

-CPT. Dasnko-

CPT. Dansko

Um... yeah not very good if you have mobs spawning inside a HOSPITAL, seriously people who go in t have cake and rest really do not want to see creepers, skeletons and zombies.

-CPT. Dasnko-

crion

Quote from: CPT. Dansko on April 24, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
Um... yeah not very good if you have mobs spawning inside a HOSPITAL, seriously people who go in t have cake and rest really do not want to see creepers, skeletons and zombies.

-CPT. Dasnko-

Although I do agree I have to ask aren't hospitals where most zombie outbreaks start?

The Sammy

Quote from: crion on April 24, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
Although I do agree I have to ask aren't hospitals where most zombie outbreaks start?

BAHAHAHA :D You'll fit in perfectly :P
~Longeye~

Manix

Evening all, I will assume that only purchasers of minecraft will be able to access the server, is this correct?

-now dont give me that look, I like to trial games before I commit to spending money on them. I'm not a complete pirate  :P.
Plus Im testing to see if this is another of my 5 minute wonders if not (and its looking promising) then I will invest in a full copy.

Screaming Lord Pea Green

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

CPT. Dansko

Quote from: crion on April 24, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
Quote from: CPT. Dansko on April 24, 2011, 05:45:57 PM

-CPT. Dasnko-

Zombies...? Hospitals...?
Not the best of combinations, but imagine if some one was serving a patient lying in bed, and it turned out to be a creeper... well you can see what is gonna happen next ::).

-CPT. Dansko-

Manix

The Sammy

OKAY
Lets' not go there. At all. Ever. Stop.
Personally I happen to agree that if you didn't buy the game you aren't welcome here. It's not like it's a huge feat of cash, and if it is then you probably have better things to do with your time than play it.
Either way, and I'm not getting into an argument here, no complaining about other servers and no bootlegging.
~Longeye~

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

Quote from: Manix on April 25, 2011, 07:57:21 PM
Quote from: Screaming Lord Pea Green on April 25, 2011, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: Manix on April 25, 2011, 05:21:27 PM
I'm not a complete pirate  :P.

I can testify to the contrary...

I removed you OP perks so you blew up my construction.....and thats NOT good reason for a ban?

Not here, gentlemen, please.

Manix

My apologies. If that be the case then if/when I am to be allowed to marvel at the magnificence of the Brass Goggles Server, I shall purchase gladly a copy of minecraft and Notch may have my monies.

The Sammy

Gentlemen I've updated the OP with a website (it basically parrots what's on here, but in about three hours I'm going to add real information about the mods, and a load of useful links etc.). If you have any objection to your BG name being linked to your MC name on said site please drop me a PM and let me know!
Nextly, Bukkit IS AT LAST UP TO DATE!! Woo. Build 733 was released earlier this morning and I've given it a once over... It'll work without major fault, but I can't update it at the moment because the Uni internet isn't letting me access the Admin panel. If I can't update later when I get to the library you'll have to wait until I get home in the evening! Either way, everything will come back on by the end of today (hopefully) and I've found a few new mods that, if they work, will find their way into the OP.
Thanks for being patient about this, and happy building!
~Longeye~

The Corsair

The hospital has been checked over, repaired, refilled and had it's lighting increased so hopefully it's mob proof now.
On another note, is there any objection to me revamping the station so it's fully automatic (You stand on a plate, a cart arrives, you board, you go)?
Still here, just quieter