News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

Banned IP

Started by cer0, June 21, 2011, 07:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cer0

Hi, I noticed over the weekend that I seemed to be banned from the BG forums, but then when I went back to work, all was fine again. So, I figured that it must have been fixed.

Except last night, I was banned again. Now, the thing is, that I seem to only be banned at home, and since I have a static IP at home, I'm going to guess this means my IP's been banned.

Is there any reason this might be the case?

- cer0.
~[cer0]~
"Insanity is my only means of relaxation."

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

Considering the recent volume of spam, it's highly likely that your banned IP address is a result of some collateral damage from a recently banned account.

I, personally, can't do anything to help, but a Governor or Admin should be along to help fairly soon.  :)

cer0

Well, it seems to be working now. So I can engage in steampunk shenanigans from home again!
~[cer0]~

HAC

A slight spannering of the works, and all is well... I am careful to check IP ranges when putting  a ban in, I try to maximize the anti-spam effect, while not impacting current users. Every once in a while something needs a great whack with a 12-lb hammer, just to get it working again.. Sorry for the inconvenience..

Cheers
Harold
You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.

cer0

~[cer0]~