News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

How to consult long dead topic ?

Started by chicar, June 25, 2011, 09:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicar

I have a issue where the only source of answers is a topic i post long ago. Problem is, it seem than after some times, a topic dies indefinitely, push over by the others beyond the limited numbers of pages, without any chance of netcromancy. So, do by any miracle of the ethernet, a way to consult topics who knew this fate ?

A quick answer would be apreciated, my issue being of a ethical nature (i won't tell more until utterly forced by the circonstance ).
The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''

Maets

If you posted to the topic you should be able to look at the posts you have made and find it that way.  Go to your profile and select recent posts.  Select the highest page number for the oldest topic.  You can also do the same on someone elses posts if you remember them as being having added to the thread.  Hope this helps.  I am sure others can give better advice.

proteus

Quote from: chicar on June 25, 2011, 09:45:50 PM
I have a issue where the only source of answers is a topic i post long ago. Problem is, it seem than after some times, a topic dies indefinitely, push over by the others beyond the limited numbers of pages, without any chance of netcromancy. So, do by any miracle of the ethernet, a way to consult topics who knew this fate ?

A quick answer would be apreciated, my issue being of a ethical nature (i won't tell more until utterly forced by the circonstance ).

The only ways topics die are: deletion by moderators, accidental data loss (quite rare), or timed pruning; but this last only happens in Off Topic and the Engine Room.
--
"Politics and religion are just like software and hardware. They all suck, the documentation is provably incorrect, and all the vendors tell lies." — Andrew Dalgleish

How To Financially Support Brass Goggles — now with a subscription option!