News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

>The Smoking Room< The Second Storey

Started by Herr Döktor, July 26, 2011, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corsair

Oh my, is OL;AFR catching on? :P

Anyway, we should redirect this before our banjo posts down the forum :P
Whatever happened to newspaper articles about sudoku?
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

Quote*slowly drinks*
so, no one will take me on?

Take you on, eh? What can you do, wee snippet? You call yourself "Aerial Musketeer" but can you tie a bowline, can you reef and rig, can you fend off boarders?

On the Airship New Gael, we all must perform the functions of Able Airman and more, or we will never be able to take on the forces of The Order.

If you think you have the gears, report to First Mate O'Shaunessy and tell him that you are to assigned to the Rigging Crew as per my orders. Please don't make me regret this decision.

(If the Engineer appointment on Captain Martin's DoodleBug-class Airship doesn't pan out, of course.)

"And now, lads . . . and lassies . . . drinks are on me."

[/quote]

ah thank you for you kind offer i may just take you up on that hmmm i shall have a good long think.

The Squire

Quote from: Ella, Aerial Musketeer on August 01, 2011, 07:06:32 AM

ah thank you for you kind offer i may just take you up on that hmmm i shall have a good long think.

Good Long Thinks are for the Philosophers. If you want to join the New Gael, we depart at 0-7:00. DESTINATION: The Badlands west of New Odessa. A Klanker of the ORDER has been spotted by the Quahadi Brotherhood and we aim to make sure it does not reach El Paso. Time and tide, m'dear . . . time 'n' tide.

"A shot of the Heradura Silver, please, George, and one of your Maduro Cohibas. And a Jamaican Ginger Beer for Airman Ella."

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."

Grymm

Breakfast time...where's the devilled kidneys and the rum?
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.

I've tried to see it from your point of view but I can't fit my head up your arse'ole too.

Grymm

Quote from: MWBailey on August 01, 2011, 01:40:06 AM
Quote from: Grymm on July 31, 2011, 04:30:24 PM

What's really funny here is that the person who posted the above apparently
1. Has not seen the movie that inspired it, and thus knows nothing about it,
2. Didn't pay any real attention when they did watch it, or
3. Watched it and paid attention to it, but failed to retain any accurate memories of the experience.

Watched the movie on a number of occasions
Fully aware of the details
I understood the plot (T'ent that complicated),
Enjoyed it BUT also found the teeshirt(Commercially available not my design) mildly amusing and even though it doesn't tie in to the movie details that well, the banjo picking ,tune at least, has become a vernacular in the UK for someone from a 'close knit' family.

Gimme 6 as they say in Norfolk.

I've tried to see it from your point of view but I can't fit my head up your arse'ole too.

Fairley B. Strange

I'm not sure what that sounds like in a Norfolk accent, but I'd only say "Gimme 6" in a (fake) Aucklander accent...   ;D
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

The Corsair

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on August 01, 2011, 10:16:03 AM
I'm not sure what that sounds like in a Norfolk accent, but I'd only say "Gimme 6" in a (fake) Aucklander accent...   ;D

I see what you did there...

On the note of accents, I recently (by recently I mean 2 years ago) met someone with a godawful mashup accent made of Cockney and East Australian. Believe me when I say your picturing of it is inadequate :P
Still here, just quieter

Fairley B. Strange

Quote from: The Corsair on August 01, 2011, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on August 01, 2011, 10:16:03 AM
I'm not sure what that sounds like in a Norfolk accent, but I'd only say "Gimme 6" in a (fake) Aucklander accent...   ;D

I see what you did there...

Yeah-Nah, mate, the famous NewZealand 'multi-purpose-vowel' does have legitimate uses...

The Corsair

I'm glad I retained my British level of enunciation when I moved here. Otherwise I'd be a twttr sx fish chps nzlndr.
And when Australian people swear it sounds like the horn on a clow car... (in the words of comedian Terry Alderton)
Still here, just quieter

Fairley B. Strange

Quote from: The Corsair on August 01, 2011, 11:11:53 AM
I'm glad I retained my British level of enunciation when I moved here. Otherwise I'd be a twttr sx fish chps nzlndr.
And when Australian people swear it sounds like the horn on a clow car... (in the words of comedian Terry Alderton)

Well, of course, a proper gentlemen should limit his swearing to only the most extreme situations, and even then I believe that the only off-colour words to escape his lips should be 'blast' or 'dash'...

as in 'Dash it all'

or 'What the dash was that?'

and I want all you Mother-dashers to remember that.

The Abiliegh

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!

M. H. Pennypecker

How about, "fratteratterpeggaloomer"
As in:
Fratteratterpeggaloomer! I missed my train!

Fairley B. Strange

Quote from: M. H. Pennypecker on August 01, 2011, 06:24:57 PM
How about, "fratteratterpeggaloomer"
As in:
Fratteratterpeggaloomer! I missed my train!

Blimey, by the time you've said that one you'll have missed the second train, unless you dashed off to the other platform.

Rockula

''Gettafa ya bassa...''

- Billy Connelly.

My tank is dry. Please fill me with beer.
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

The Abiliegh

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on August 01, 2011, 11:52:54 AM
Well, of course, a proper gentlemen should limit his swearing to only the most extreme situations, and even then I believe that the only off-colour words to escape his lips should be 'blast' or 'dash'...

Cursing doesn't make or break one's being a gentleman. It's how the cursing is done, as, to be completely frank, any word is a curse when uttered in such fashion.
Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!

Herr Döktor

Six pages in as many days, won't be long 'til we need a THIRD storey!

MWBailey

*calls from new laboratory behind the bookcase (M-O)*

As long as there's room for my laboratory...

*muffled sound of massive explosion*

OoPs!...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

Rockula

Quote from: Herr Döktor on August 01, 2011, 07:03:49 PM

I know some Polish builders that offer good work at a fair rate. Or maybe a basement bar?
The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...

Miles (a sailor)Martin

Bell rings' ping ping' door opens Miles steps from the elevator" when did the construction complete? barman a Talisker and Tonic please.
Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo

The Corsair

Quote from: Herr Döktor on August 01, 2011, 07:03:49 PM

I think it'll become more of a billiard room extension...
Still here, just quieter

The Squire

Quote from: The Corsair on August 01, 2011, 08:28:37 PM

I think it'll become more of a billiard room extension...

Yes, I vote for a billiard room!

Spoiler: ShowHide

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."

Grymm

An indoor range and or fencing salon/self defence dojo'ything for brushing up on ones technique?

I can't always make The Oxford based Linacre School of Defence and Mr Crawley's excellent Scottish school in Auld Reekie where he teaches Baritsu Fence and Fisticuffs is a tad too far from the Chilterns.

MWBailey

An Indoor range is a splendid idea! I cast my vote in favor of the Himalayas...
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

"WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!"

The Corsair

Pointless, the East India Company has the rights to the area and we'de be sued for copyright infringement
Still here, just quieter

Fairley B. Strange

Although it would be convenient to have our own Himalayas nearby. If a chap wanted some Eastern-style enlightenment he could just nip up the hills to a Tibetan monastery, quickly get his third eye adjusted and be back at the Bar before nightfall -  one could be a kind of Daily Lama...