News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

>The Smoking Room< The Second Storey

Started by Herr Döktor, July 26, 2011, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairley B. Strange

* looks out from under the table*

Hmmph, that does seem to be the problem with these new-fangled horselesses... they are doing it in the street, and it does scare the horses...
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

Mr P Norris Esq.

I'll send a telegram to the local provisions establishment, any preferences to top up the larder? A lb of wensleydale, a crusty loaf, a few bottles of Mr Theakstons best, a large pork pie...
Anything else? Anyone have any in period food choices?

The Bullet

Ploughman´s lunch would do for a start.
If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.

Madasasteamfish

Er, let's see; half a hundredweight of stilton, a case of port, a couple of hogsheads of Funnel Blower, and a sausage roll for me please.

That should keep me going until...ooooh, about breakfast time tomorrow.
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Siliconous Skumins

*Cough*

Oh sorry! Didn't mean to break the silence...

*rustles stiff broadsheet newspaper and starts unwrapping a Barley Sugar stick in a  particularly crinkly wrapper*

*Snap....Crunch!*

*CRUNCH-crunch-munch*
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

The Bullet

*wakes up in his armchair*

What happened? I think we had ordered food quite a while ago.

*leaves room to get some firewood*

Madasasteamfish

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

The Bullet

*comes back in, drops a load of loga beside the fireplace*

Get up lazy fella, put the kettle on.

*starts cleaning out the fireplace*

Siliconous Skumins

*Folds newspaper and holds it out*

Here you go, this should help get the fire started....besides, it seems to be around 6 month out of date.

*eye catches a news item*

OH!... It says here that soon we will all be heating our homes and buildings with something called "Gas Fires"!
Sounds dangerous to me,I don't see that catching on! No sir, Coal is where the healthy heating is! And so it shall remain!!

*still reading paper*

Hmmm, it seems that Alexander Graham Bell chap who makes the phoney thing, is being sued by his assistant Mr Thomas Augustus Watson, for "sexual harassment" - says here that Mr Bell was heard by witnesses to call his assistant into his office. There is some dispute about the actual words used, as Mr Bell claims it was a work related request of "Mr. Watson - Come here - I want to see you,". However Thomas Watson, remembered it as "Mr. Watson - Come here - I want you".

"Mr Bell denies that shortly after he followed with another call of "Bring wine, and wear something leather!, but agrees he may have called and offered a deal on replacement windows and offers on new kitchens at discounted prices."

My word! What is the world coming to... *shakes head and drops newspaper onto the pile of logs*
[Server Prayer]
Spoiler: ShowHide

I am a node of Server,
                      Born of flesh and blood,
                      But enhanced by the power of its web.
                      I have no use for pain or fear.
                      My scripts are a focus of my will.
                      My strength is my knowledge.
                      My weapons are my skills.
                      Information is the blood of my body.
                      I am part of the greater network.
                      I am host to the vast data of server.
                      My flesh is weak,
                      But my connection is eternal,
                      And therefore I am a god.      

[/Server Prayer] 

The Bullet

Strange world.....

Let´s get this place up and running.

*picks up the newspaper and starts to build up a fire*

Who´s in charge of the kitchen?

The phone thing might just be another hoax like this Mr. Tesla with his wireless power. All sparks and bang, nothing came of it.

Madasasteamfish

*Wakes up*

Oh, my head. What was I drinking last time I was conscious?

Ah, well. Tea anyone?

Professor Cyrus Poe

Professor Cyrus Poe enters the Club.
He is confronted with cobwebs and pieces of furniture covered with heavy tarps to protect it.

He approaches the the bar, and moves around behind it. Finding a dust covered bottle of dark rum, he uses his handkerchief to dust it off.
Dose the same with a glass.

( lamenting the lack of ice, he poors a glass.)

Then, moving back to the main room he pulls the tarp off the piano. Sitting on the bench he begins to play a sad little medley.

Sipping his drink as he ponders the days of old when this club was at his heyday.

As if his action causes this action, staff emerged from the back of the house. Uncovering furniture and comince to polishing wood work. A bar tender emerges and begins to dust off bottles and glasses.
Soon, others enter the Club, as if awaken out of a long hibernation....

Men with minds sensitive to hereditary impulse will always tremble at the thought of the hidden and fathomless worlds of strange life which may pulsate in the gulfs beyond the stars, or press hideously upon our own globe in unholy dimensions which only the dead and the moon struck can glimpse.    ( Or, maybe not.)

Cora Courcelle

Madam Courcelle pauses in the street outside, hearing the faint piano music coming from within.  Although the club has been inactive since her arrival in town several years ago she has heard rumours about it and wonders what the next few weeks will bring ....
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Synistor 303

The Synistor lady approaches the bar door. Hesitating, she pretends to be searching for something in her beaded purse before she enters. She is waiting for someone else to walk through the door so she can slip inside behind them unnoticed. She likes to sit at the small table in the dark corner of the room, where she can observe unnoticed the other patrons. At her feet is a strange little metal creature, which waits with her, its wheels and cogs barely moving...

Cora Courcelle

Madam Courcelle has been observing the club from the little teashop across the road.  The sight of a woman entering is hopeful as she looks respectable (although appearances can be deceptive).  What to do next, Cora ponders?
You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...

Madasasteamfish

*Emerges bleary eyed from beneath a dust sheet*

Huh?! wazzat?

Oh, it's someone new. Been a while since anything happened in here by the looks of it. Any chance of brew? Or perhaps something more medicinal?

rovingjack

been meaning to ask what the rooms function is?
When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.

Professor Cyrus Poe

I believe,  it's a sort of Adventurers club. Common room, banquet and private dining rooms. A gaming room and music room. I think the upper floors have several apartments  for overnight guests. I'm told there is a library but I haven't been this place long enough to know all the amenities...
Men with minds sensitive to hereditary impulse will always tremble at the thought of the hidden and fathomless worlds of strange life which may pulsate in the gulfs beyond the stars, or press hideously upon our own globe in unholy dimensions which only the dead and the moon struck can glimpse.    ( Or, maybe not.)

The Bullet

Hey! Who put the dust sheet over me while I was cleaning the fireplace?

*puts the newspaper in, lights it and starts to build a nice fire*

This place should soon be nice and warm.

SolarCenturion

The Solar Centurion emerges in flash from the fireplace. He is crouched as if ready for a fight, a look of madness behind his eyes. His breathing slows... his posture straightens... he dusts himself off and calmly takes a seat.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

The Bullet

Ah, it´s him again....

*cleans up the mess around the fireplace.*

Where have you been all the time?

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: The Bullet on July 06, 2023, 04:11:04 PM
Ah, it´s him again....

*cleans up the mess around the fireplace.*

As long as you keep the soot out of my glass....