News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Sweden Register of Interest

Started by IvanDrugostrov, August 21, 2007, 07:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Dr. Lew,

If you will PM me with your measurements, I'll get a pattern the next time they are on sale.

Vienna

Dr_Lew_Addle

Quote from: Vienna Fahrmann on October 25, 2007, 02:11:05 PM

Dear Dr. Lew,

If you will PM me with your measurements, I'll get a pattern the next time they are on sale.

Vienna

Since iam rather rather large around the midriff and in the process of loosing wieght it might be prudent to wait awhile nes pas?

IvanDrugostrov

Would you care for a pair or two of size 40 cotton pants?
Support your local struggling author!
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Vienna Fahrmann

Dear Dr. Lew,

That's fine with me, just let me know when you are ready.

Vienna

Dr_Lew_Addle

Quote from: IvanDrugostrov on October 26, 2007, 05:05:12 PM
Would you care for a pair or two of size 40 cotton pants?

In a while maybe since iam acctualy  even a bit larger than that. But most of my bulk is large muscles covered in a quite thick layer of fat so iam trying to lose the fat and keep the muscles :)

IvanDrugostrov

That would be great, because I have a black and a brown pair of historically accurate 1860's cotton pants I need to get rid off (only because they are hopelessly  oversized for me. To the point where there is nothing I can do to make them fit).
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

Dr_Lew_Addle

Iam interested how much do you want for them?

IvanDrugostrov

We can start off at a thousand SEK? That is less than I paid for them, I believe. And less than you could possibly acquire them for. I just want to get rid of them and see something good come out of it. Now it will be as if I bought some really cheap pants and gave them to a fellow steampunk. Well, maybe not on your end :P But to my economy. They are pretty long as well, but if you can handle sewing patterns, you should have little trouble shortening them to your liking.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

von Brasswood

How come there are practically no Norwegians here, but a bunch of Swedes (not that it's a bad thing)? A heartly "Hejsann, grabbarna. Hur mår dina brallor?" (with a Skåne accent) to all my Swedish friends.
"Steam punk is like a top hat: You can watch it from different angles and enjoy different things about it, and there are no single hat that fits everyones head."
- vonB

Atterton

There´s also a number of danes, and even a few finns. But as you say, strangely lacking in norwegians.
Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.

aande

Hello, found a dentist chair in "annonsbladet" one week ago. if someone is interested I can post you the phone nr, its a borlänge nr.

"antik, kurbitsmålad, röd skinnklädsel, nackstöd saknas, hydraliken perfekt 800,-(sek)".
Perhaps kurbits isent "the shit" but thats nothing alittle spraypaint cant fix!

Ande

Dr_Lew_Addle

Ivan: Il have to se how this month  turns out but it isnt impossible that ill snag those trousers from you

IvanDrugostrov

Great! I am in need of fund to replenish my economy after the Midland Meet.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

C.C Elmroth

I would like to bring to your attention that a scandinavian steampunk community is... well, it does not exist as such, yet, but I have it on good authority it will do come the evening! It is located in Livejournal, as of yet untrodden grounds by me, but a steampunk community seems to flourish there as well.

If it is of any interest to the assorted scandinavians here, well, then me and my fair lady would be most happy. The main intent would be as a forum for meetups, etcetera etcetera... Register of Interest is a good name, really! It is not my intention to belittle this here thread, by no means. Still, a community surely is more effective? We shall see in time, I suppose. No subversive drafting here, just a heads-up.

The name will be Nordic Steampunkers - or so I recall.

IvanDrugostrov

I cannot see how this would be different from a LiveJournal community. Let alone less effective.
Personally I don't like LJ. The æsthetics just isn't pleasant to me. But thanks for the info.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

C.C Elmroth

Ah - I'm no big fan of it either, but as I've said, it might sprout some good seeds.

The effectiveness would be amounted to not having to browse through this entire thread - persn'ally I've no problem with that, but some might. Anyway, I'll cut the banter.

Dr_Lew_Addle

Ivan: Sadly iam not able to purchase the pants from you this month. What with Christmas and the holiday horrors looming up on me.

IvanDrugostrov

I hold no contract over you. Purchase them if you will at your convenience. They are likely to be here when you have the money or inclination to obtain them.
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com

oskila

By Jove! I haven't visited the forum since late October! Hello people!
Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)

Mechanical Cranium

Seems I've' missed this thread before, might as well drop in and say "hallå" to all fellow northerners, i hail from the remote wilderness of Öland :)

Prof. Friedrich VonHart, PhD

Can someone please translate a book I purchased for me. I just want to know the title and chapter titles. It's Ur VÅR Tids Forskning, published in 1878. Pictures Here:

Thanks

VonHart
"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." — John Kenneth Galbraith
"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."
"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company, and reflection must finish him."

von Brasswood

Swedish isn't my spoken or written language, but it's not that different. Nothing a little Google can't mend.

From our times' science
Popular illustrations/depictions

Published by
Prof. Axel Key and Gust. (probably Gustaf, Swedish male name) Retzius
-----
Fourth Issue
-----

Table of contents
N:r 17: About the blood: Its circulation and its meaning of nutrition for the body tissues (I think this is the correct word), by Professor Christian Lovén

" 18: About Old Egyptian litterature/writings, by Professor J. Lieblein

" 19: About Egypts memorials/monuments and its relations with Palestine and Greece, by Professor J. Lieblein

" 20: Photographies/Pictures of pasts flora/fauna, by Dr. A. Nathorst

" 21: About and from Rig Veda (one of the Hindu Veda). Photographies/pictures of the Indian Arians oldest cultural life, by A. Z. Collin 1. The People of the Veda Times

" 22: About and from Rig Veda. Photographies/pictures of the Indian Arians oldest cultural life, by A. Z. Collin 1. The God World of the Veda Times

I'm guessing the "Veda Times" to be 1700-1100 BC, because of the dating of the Rig Veda (in Wikipedia).
"Steam punk is like a top hat: You can watch it from different angles and enjoy different things about it, and there are no single hat that fits everyones head."
- vonB

Thank you SO Much! I've been wondering about that thing for months.
"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." — John Kenneth Galbraith
"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."
"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company, and reflection must finish him."

von Brasswood

No problem :) As I wrote, Swedish isn't a language I know well. It just resembles Norwegian very much. I'd wait for a Swede if I wanted a perfect translation, but I think I got it quite well.
- vonB

i think it's close enough for me. I'm not actually going to attempt to read the book, I was just curious. Your chapter titles line up with the plates and illustration inside.